Author Topic: Obama Official: Bergdahl “Worthy of Sympathy” if He Joined Taliban to Protest “Psychopath” Platoon Leaders  (Read 2014 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Official: Bergdahl “Worthy of Sympathy” if He Joined Taliban to Protest “Psychopath” Platoon Leaders

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 11:29 PM

Guest post by Kristinn Taylor

An Obama administration official has floated the idea that Bowe Bergdahl was justified in deserting his platoon in Afghanistan and joining the Taliban over disagreements with the platoon’s leadership.

Brandon Friedman, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs for the Department of Housing and Urban Development posted a series of tweets Wednesday evening.

Friedman  speculated that Bergdahl deserted over bad leadership of his platoon and that is why his fellow soldiers were smearing him.

friedman dc
 Here are his tweets defending deserter Bergdahl:

Here’s the thing about Bergdahl and the Jump-to-Conclusions mats: What if his platoon was long on psychopaths and short on leadership? (1/5)

What if he grew disillusioned with what he saw, didn’t trust his leadership, and walked off? Legal? No. Worthy of sympathy? Maybe. (2/5)

If that were the case, the soldiers in his platoon would have all the more reason to smear him publicly now. (3/5)

Given other examples, it’s not out of the realm of possibility–and more reason to withhold judgment until after an investigation. (4/5)

I’m not a fan of such speculation, but this story could not be more unbalanced–with so many premature calls of “traitor.” (5/5)

Friedman’s Wikipedia page says he is a decorated war veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and a veteran of the Democratic Party front group VoteVets. He joined the Obama administration in 2009 at the Veterans Administration. Left in 2012 and rejoined the administration at HUD in 2014

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/wow-obama-administration-official-bergdahl-worthy-of-sympathy-if-he-joined-taliban-to-protest-psychopath-platoon-leaders/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:45:56 am by rangerrebew »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well of course.

Of course Obama would support Bergdahl. Obama is just like him and would have done the same thing.

I have no doubt Obama respects and supports everything Bergdahl did in deserting his post, and his troops, and joining up with the Muslims. Obama wrote in one of his books that he would do the same.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama, Ayers, Bergdahl, Kerry, Fonda

They are all the same. It is no wonder that this administration did whatever the Taliban wanted to save their brother.

They all support enemies over American troops. To them, American soldiers are the 'bad guys'. They are all cut from the same cloth.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
They're floating scenarios, looking for an escape hatch.

Offline evadR

Drown them with it. No escape, no mercy, NO LET UP.
Every last one of them.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

That's a good one Massadvj!  They're definitely dropping their facades now.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Classic example of throwing stuff against a wall to see what sticks.

Offline flowers

Very good observation!!! 

Oceander

seriously?  I guess there isn't a single channel a soldier could go through to report "psychopath" platoon leaders; no way at all to be transferred to another unit (if the leaders were really "psychopaths" wouldn't a transfer to a less than ideal position be better than staying around)?

at least so far nobody's "floating" the idea that at least he didn't frag these "psychopath" platoon leaders.

and let's talk about jumping to conclusions and unwarranted smears on people.  we have uncontradicted facts that support the idea that this guy was a traitor, a deserter - nobody denies that he walked away from his position - but we have no facts that even remotely suggest that any of the platoon leaders were "psychopaths" so it's utterly indefensible to smear those soldiers that way without a shred of evidence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

And they're engaging in dog-whistle politics.

They're starting to say that people are "swift boating" Bergdahl" and that the issue is one that's "whipped up" in DC.

Dog-whistle terms for "the Republicans are making all this up".
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

When will this all become "Bush's Fault"?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

When will this all become "Bush's Fault"?
I am surprised they haven't used it by now.

Offline alicewonders

I am surprised they haven't used it by now.

I think that just once, they wanted to put something in the PLUS column and not always in the MINUS column.  When they blame it on Bush - they are admitting something is a failure - this...THIS one was supposed to trigger ticker-tape parades and stuff.  But, blaming Bush is coming - there's just no way to polish this turd.

Offline SlapLeather

Don’t be fooled.  They saw it coming. In fact, they brought it.

They are ALL in. Up to and including martyrdom, or an act that appears as such.
They will push it to break, or break it, then push.

It is all they have, all they want and just in reach.

They will triple down their Dedication: “Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Prologue
"The Revolutionary force today has two targets, moral as well as material. Its young protagonists are one moment reminiscent of the idealistic early Christians, yet they also urge violence and cry, 'Burn the system down!' They have no illusions about the system, but plenty of illusions about the way to change our world. It is to this point that I have written this book."

1. The Purpose
In this book we are concerned with how to create mass organizations to seize power and give it to the people; to realize the democratic dream of equality, justice, peace.... "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.' This means revolution." p.3

"Radicals must be resilient, adaptable to shifting political circumstances, and sensitive enough to the process of action and reaction to avoid being trapped by their own tactics and forced to travel a road not of their choosing." p.6

"A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage -- the political paradise of communism." p.10

"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing.... To the extent that he is free from the shackles of dogma, he can respond to the realities of the widely different situations...."
http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

Dear God in Heaven, grant us the peace, which surpasses all understanding, and guards our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Eph 6:10-17 (NIV) ...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
These foppish, pimpernel Nancy boys in their cubes, with their iPhones and their Twitter accounts, rising up like naked mole-rats claiming victory and supremacy over the world during a total eclipse of the sun, only to run back into their damp, suspiciously musty caves, screaming like frightened girls at the first hint of the light of day.

They praise cowardice and call it virtue because it makes their own cowardly behavior virtuous in their sightless dead eyes.

They try to paint real men and soldiers as psychopaths because the existence if men and soldiers exposes the absence of balls of their own, and would redefine manhood to embrace their au fait with the perfumed and oiled intricacies of undefined sexuality, neither man enough to be men, or strong enough to be women, and frightened by real examples of either.

The eight dead soldiers, the ones who gave up their lives looking for this man-boy who's quite possibly spent the past five years entertaining his captor's haram sexual appetites, and their families, are nothing to them, with the possible exception of tools to forward their flaccid political ideals to other naked mole-rats.

Feh...

My apologies to naked mole-rats... you didn't deserve this.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

"These foppish, pimpernel Nancy boys..."

Pajama boys.   :Odance:

Offline Relic

They picked an obscure member of the team to float this turd. A real party member with a shining military record, so as to seem unassailable.

The Obama team is villianous garbage.

Offline musiclady

These foppish, pimpernel Nancy boys in their cubes, with their iPhones and their Twitter accounts, rising up like naked mole-rats claiming victory and supremacy over the world during a total eclipse of the sun, only to run back into their damp, suspiciously musty caves, screaming like frightened girls at the first hint of the light of day.

They praise cowardice and call it virtue because it makes their own cowardly behavior virtuous in their sightless dead eyes.

They try to paint real men and soldiers as psychopaths because the existence if men and soldiers exposes the absence of balls of their own, and would redefine manhood to embrace their au fait with the perfumed and oiled intricacies of undefined sexuality, neither man enough to be men, or strong enough to be women, and frightened by real examples of either.

The eight dead soldiers, the ones who gave up their lives looking for this man-boy who's quite possibly spent the past five years entertaining his captor's haram sexual appetites, and their families, are nothing to them, with the possible exception of tools to forward their flaccid political ideals to other naked mole-rats.

Feh...

My apologies to naked mole-rats... you didn't deserve this.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

Hmm!  Is team Obama practicing psychiatry without a license?  Shame on them. :nono:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Hmm!  Is team Obama practicing psychiatry without a license?  Shame on them. :nono:

Makes a pleasant change from them practicing psychopathy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink