Author Topic: Cafe owner tells of the moment alleged child-snatcher pounced as toddler sat beside his mother  (Read 484 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Full Title: 'He tried to take this little boy... he just went in for the attack': Cafe owner tells of the moment alleged child-snatcher pounced as toddler sat beside his mother in busy shopping centre

Two men saved a toddler from an abduction after he was snatched from his mother while sitting with her in the middle of a Brisbane shopping centre.

The three-year-old boy  was sitting with his mother and sibling at a café in the middle of the Lutwyche City shopping centre in Brisbane's north just before 1pm yesterday when a man approached the group and allegedly snatched the child.

The mother and child let out a piercing scream and started yelling for help said witnesses.

Scroll down for video
Police charged a 29-year-old man with attempting to abduct a three-year-old boy from a busy shopping centre in Brisbane as he sat at a cafe with his mother
+4

Police charged a 29-year-old man with attempting to abduct a three-year-old boy from a busy shopping centre in Brisbane as he sat at a cafe with his mother
Two men pursued the alleged offender and pinned him to the ground until police arrived at the scene
+4

Two men pursued the alleged offender and pinned him to the ground until police arrived at the scene

‘It was random, he wasn’t from the shopping centre, he was just a random guy… He tried to take this little boy. He just went for the attack basically,' said Rita, who did not wish to give her surname, the manager of Valentino's Cafe, where the family were eating when the incident occurred.

‘[The boy’s mother] just screamed out, I think she said “My child”.’

More...

'I miss you very much and hope to see you soon': Heartbreaking letters written by children of Australian drug mule, who was jailed last week for 23 years in Cambodia
    Madeleine McCann's parents 'encouraged by progress' as police secure second week to scour scrubland near the holiday apartment where she went missing

Two men gave chase after hearing the mother's cries and pursued the man for about 30 metres before pinning him to the ground until police arrived.

Witnesses told The Courier Mail that the man threw the child to the ground as he ran through the shopping centre.

The boy was extremely distressed, screaming out when the incident occurred, said Brian Seo, the  owner of Sandwich City, which is next door to the cafe where the family were eating.

'The boy cried a lot, he couldn't stop for more than ten minutes,' Mr Seo told MailOnline.

'I was very shocked, I couldn't believe what I saw, the guy just looked perfectly normal, I will never understand what he was trying to do.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650080/Two-men-save-toddler-snatched-mothers-side.html#ixzz33pxVBSuY

Video report at link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink