Author Topic: Sandra Fluke fails to win in California  (Read 2597 times)

Offline pjohns

Sandra Fluke fails to win in California
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:35:48 am »
Sandra Fluke--who gained fame (or infamy) in 2012 with her strident views as concerning the (supposed) obligation of healthcare-insurance companies to pay for contraception--has failed in her attempt to win the Democratic nomination for the California State Senate, from the 26th District.  (Note:  She has not lost the nomination outright--she will be in a runoff--but she did not win even a plurality of the vote.  In fact, she garned just 19.4 percent in a five-person field; and that is 2.5 percentage points less than the leader, Ben Allen, managed.) 

If even California is not especially enthusiastic about her--and it is a pretty blue state--would it be fair, perhaps, to suggest that she may have passed her apogee?

SPQR

Re: Sandra Fluke fails to win in California
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:40:41 am »
Sandra Fluke--who gained fame (or infamy) in 2012 with her strident views as concerning the (supposed) obligation of healthcare-insurance companies to pay for contraception--has failed in her attempt to win the Democratic nomination for the California State Senate, from the 26th District.  (Note:  She has not lost the nomination outright--she will be in a runoff--but she did not win even a plurality of the vote.  In fact, she garned just 19.4 percent in a five-person field; and that is 2.5 percentage points less than the leader, Ben Allen, managed.) 

If even California is not especially enthusiastic about her--and it is a pretty blue state--would it be fair, perhaps, to suggest that she may have passed her apogee?

This district has a 64 percent Democratic population. She should of won hands down.

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:01:15 am »
This district has a 64 percent Democratic population. She should of won hands down.

The 26th Senate district encompasses a part of Los Angeles County, including all of Culver City and View Park-Windsor Hills, as well as parts of Los Angeles, Ladera Heights, and Westmont

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_26th_State_Senate_district

This is probably the most liberal district in Los Angeles due to the cities it covers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:06:09 am by Trigger »

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:39:54 am »
an abortive candidacy:  apparently contraception works.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:13:51 am »
Maybe she'll finally fluke off.....

:smokin:

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 02:15:37 am »
Maybe she'll finally fluke off.....

She will show up  in that district if there is an opening for an assembly seat.California has term limits for both houses and governor. Its a pretty liberal district.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:16:50 am by Trigger »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 02:17:51 am »
Sanda is in the runoff. Don't be too sure that she won't win the nomination -

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 02:20:46 am »
Sanda is in the runoff. Don't be too sure that she won't win the nomination -

You may be right. It depends Ben Allen is willing shell out the money to win.It always comes to amount of money you have in your campaign.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:21:26 am by Trigger »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 02:28:48 am »
She will show up  in that district if there is an opening for an assembly seat.California has term limits for both houses and governor. Its a pretty liberal district.

Ah....Pelousy land......

We should nuke the site from orbit.....

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 02:31:27 am »
Ah....Pelousy land......

We should nuke the site from orbit.....

why waste a perfectly good nuke?  just drop space debris - meteors and the like - on it.

SPQR

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 02:49:02 am »
Ah....Pelousy land......

Its Los Angeles

Offline speekinout

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 02:49:24 am »
You may be right. It depends Ben Allen is willing shell out the money to win.It always comes to amount of money you have in your campaign.

There might be a lot of people from other states who would like to see her in a position of influence. They'll contribute to her campaign. She's useful on center stage for the feminist agenda.

SPQR

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:01 am »
There might be a lot of people from other states who would like to see her in a position of influence. They'll contribute to her campaign. She's useful on center stage for the feminist agenda.

There might be a lot of people who are for Ben Allen giving to him money. It works both ways. It depends if Ben Allen can start some sort of coalition behind him.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:52:54 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 04:32:34 am »
She maxed out her name recognition, and undoubtedly had some decent backers.

The woman has literally done nothing in her life other than be a professional student, and then an advocate.  Wait ... the President had that same resume'.  Uh oh...
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 04:36:34 am »
She maxed out her name recognition, and undoubtedly had some decent backers.

The woman has literally done nothing in her life other than be a professional student, and then an advocate.  Wait ... the President had that same resume'.  Uh oh...

To being a professional student is not bad. In the Latter Day Saints Doctrines and Covenants:The Lord has commanded "Seek Learning,even by study and also by faith" Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80/LDS

Also in Doctrine and Covenants: 88:118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

I do think that she did overexposed herself. But she probably still have some supporters left
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:44:46 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 05:15:08 am »
To being a professional student is not bad. In the Latter Day Saints Doctrines and Covenants:The Lord has commanded "Seek Learning,even by study and also by faith" Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80/LDS

Also in Doctrine and Covenants: 88:118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

I do think that she did overexposed herself. But she probably still have some supporters left

Can we cool it a bit with the LDS stuff, or at least keep it in the religion forum?  It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

SPQR

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:11 am »
Can we cool it a bit with the LDS stuff, or at least keep it in the religion forum?  It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Its plays a huge part of my life as a member. It is not my fault it does not meet to your standards.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:34:05 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 05:36:41 am »

Its called religious freedom and expression. It is what this country was founded on. You are acting like a TOS member
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:38:47 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 05:46:08 am »
Its called religious freedom and expression. It is what this country was founded on. You are acting like a TOS member

My next door neighbors are LDS, and my kids play with their kids all the time.  I've heard less about the LDS from them the last 7 years of living next to them than I've read from you in one thread tonight.  LDS plays a huge role in their lives, too (they both went to BYU), yet they don't inject it into our everyday conversations while doing yard work or just being outside. 

As for the TOS slam, one of the big reasons I was disgusted with that place was because of the blatant bigotry against the LDS church.  I've had nothing but great personal experiences with every LDS member I've met in my life, until right now, which is odd.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:47:14 am by Carling »

SPQR

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 05:48:42 am »
My next door neighbors are LDS, and my kids play with their kids all the time.  I've heard less about the LDS from them the last 7 years of living next to them than I've read from you in one thread tonight.  LDS plays a huge role in their lives, too (they both went to BYU), yet they don't inject it into our everyday conversations while doing yard work or just being outside. 

As for the TOS slam, one of the big reasons I was disgusted with that place was because of the blatant bigotry against the LDS church.  I've had nothing but great personal experiences with every LDS member I've met in my life, until right now, which is odd.

Then there is a difference. I inject my religion every day and when you are in the priesthood you are supposed to lead by example.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:49:23 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 05:49:47 am »
Its plays a huge part of my life as a member. It is not my fault it does not meet to your standards.

Quick question for you.  If you're so offended by the "F word," as you have posted, why do you have a scene from Goodfellas as your avatar?    :seeya:

Something isn't adding up here...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:50:52 am by Carling »

SPQR

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 05:51:35 am »
Quick question for you.  If you're so offended by the "F word," as you have posted, why do you have a scene from Goodfellas as your avatar?    :seeya:

Something isn't adding up here...

I like the movie. I met him. He was a changed man when I met him and he was a Christian when he died

SPQR

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 05:52:32 am »
I like the movie. I met him. He was a changed man when I met him and he was a Christian when he died

Yes I do not like the "F" word nor any members of my ward

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 05:53:06 am »
when you are in the priesthood you are supposed to lead by example.

Is "leading by example" having this as your avatar?  The word f**k is used 300 times in 146 minutes of that movie.

SPQR

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 05:54:35 am »
Is "leading by example" having this as your avatar?  The word f**k is used 300 times in 146 minutes of that movie.

I think is a funny avatar. I just never have had the time to look for another one. An avatar is a little below my list.Oceander has offer to change as soon I looked for one
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:55:14 am by Trigger »