Author Topic: Jim Angle: Pentagon warned Obama against release of Taliban leaders; The reason is chilling  (Read 687 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://twitchy.com/2014/06/04/jim-angle-pentagon-warned-obama-against-release-of-taliban-leaders-the-reason-is-chilling/

Jim Angle: Pentagon warned Obama against release of Taliban leaders; The reason is chilling
Posted at 2:23 pm on June 4, 2014 by Twitchy Staff

Jim Angle @JimAngleFox
Follow
A Dem Senator criticizes "Obama haters" for criticizing Bergdahl " who CHOSE to fight to protect" us. Except he chose to walk away instead.
11:33 AM - 3 Jun 2014

As Twitchy reported, “sleazebag” Sen. Murphy attacked critics of the Obama administration’s trade of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for the release of five Taliban leaders as “Obama haters.”

Are Pentagon officials “Obama haters” too, Dems?

Jim Angle @JimAngleFox
Follow
One senior military source says many at Pentagon advised the President not to make the trade of Taliban prisoners for Bergdahl.
9:55 AM - 4 Jun 2014

Why did they advise against it? The reason is chilling.

Jim Angle @JimAngleFox
Follow
The reason senior DOD officials opposed the trade is this-- one says it is  “like handing over 5 4-star generals of the Taliban.”
9:56 AM - 4 Jun 2014

Dangerous incompetence and the repercussions are beyond frightening.

Truth and the real world is hard for the Obama administration. To be fair, the real world is hard to see when ensconced in an ivory tower.

But, hey, smear the brave members of our military instead, right White House? You see, the White House has now taken to smearing brave members of our military by claiming they are trying to “swift boat” Bergdahl.

Shaddup and make the White House a sammich.

Jim Angle @JimAngleFox
The reason senior DOD officials opposed the trade is this-- one says it is  “like handing over 5 4-star generals of the Taliban.”

Ride It Down @Beer__Wolf
Follow
Well, see, the thing about Shut Up & Salute is there tends to be a lot of shutting up & saluting. @JimAngleFox @johnnydollar01
10:00 AM - 4 Jun 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip.......

:smokin:

Offline SlapLeather

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Constitutional Crisis.

Oceander

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Constitutional Crisis.

This amounts to colossal stupidity, not treason.  There is no constitutional crisis.

Offline SlapLeather

This amounts to colossal stupidity, not treason.  There is no constitutional crisis.

Good, then we can just put a dunce cap on them and send them to the corner.

I'm sure our confidence that the 5 4-star generals of the Taliban are equally as stupid, will be clarified shortly.

Oceander

Good, then we can just put a dunce cap on them and send them to the corner.

I'm sure our confidence that the 5 4-star generals of the Taliban are equally as stupid, will be clarified shortly.

as you wish.  from this i can assume that you were first on the bandwagon to have Reagan charged with treason over Iran-Contra.  Or having both Carter and Reagan charged with treason because the weapons given to the afghans during the soviet occupation came back to bite us, as did the training (aid and comfort) they were given.

In point of fact, your position, if taken to its logical ends, requires that any president who swaps anything whatsoever with an enemy group, even if it were a swap of $10,000 for a regiment of captured US soldiers, be charged with treason because he gave something of value to the enemy that constitutes aid & comfort.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The perpetual "hair on fire" brigade is out in full force on this.

Obama will NOT be removed from office (almost assuredly not impeached to begin with).

The best result from the energy spent, is electing Republicans which in turn reduces the power Obama will have for his run down the home stretch.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The perpetual "hair on fire" brigade is out in full force on this.

Obama will NOT be removed from office (almost assuredly not impeached to begin with).

The best result from the energy spent, is electing Republicans which in turn reduces the power Obama will have for his run down the home stretch.

As are the surrender monkeys!

Nothing will happen to Obama because WE lack the will to make anything happen to him!

He and his masters are LAUGHING at us!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Well then perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to us members of the great unwashed just what DOES constitute TREASON in that superior brain of yours!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SlapLeather

I have never said that Obama will be impeached or removed from office.

In fact I don’t believe Obama is going anywhere.

They are not stupid.

This did not broadside them.

We are under intense siege. We have been maneuvered to a position of limited recourse of remedy.

They have labeled and projected their targets. They are exposing them. They are methodically removing them.

We willfully fund it. They are in the full on shove mode. The angles of attack are 360.

Cloaked in deception beyond compare, perhaps?

Stupid? Not a chance.

We are in the throes of Constitutional Crisis.

But hey, stupid is as stupid does.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
As are the surrender monkeys!

Nothing will happen to Obama because WE lack the will to make anything happen to him!

He and his masters are LAUGHING at us!

Yes, the Taliban is the big winner on this one, but we need to slow down and allow the system to operate.  The Army does have a chain of command, and the report on Bowie al Ameriki's unscheduled departure from his unit has been in the Army's hands for quite some time.  It has never been released to the public because he was in captivity.  That has changed and I expect that report to be available soon. 

If the Army does not release it, I guarantee you some Officer's personal confidential copy of the report will make its way into the right hands in the media.  That report has been floating around since 2010 and I'll bet you a burger there are plenty of personal copies of it floating around, and it has likely been widely discussed at various command levels in and around those who have actually deployed to Afghanistan.  Bowe al Ameriki has no doubt been an ongoing item of interest for America in Afghanistan, but since the Army determined he deserted back in 2010 I am sure they scaled back any kind of search and rescue since.

This ain't going away.  Too many people out there in flyover country who put their asses on the line in Afghanistan and who are personally outraged over this, and getting madder with every new detail that gets out. 

Item one on controlling a scandal is to get everything about it out, right now, and get it behind you.  The constant drip, drip, drip, of facts does nothing but further erode confidence and keeps you on the defense coming up with new excuses for each fresh revelation.  This regime is caught in this process on several issues at once...Benghaze, the VA, IRS, and now this on top of it all.  No wonder Jay Carney pulled the plug.

Give it some time and lets see what the Army sausage maker comes up with....