Author Topic: Government considers freeing another Guantanamo inmate, on heels of Bergdahl swap  (Read 377 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/04/government-considers-freeing-another-guantanamo-inmate-on-heels-bergdahl-swap/

ARLINGTON, Va. –  As controversy grows over the release of five hardened Taliban detainees in exchange for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the Obama administration is considering springing yet another prisoner from Guantanamo Bay.

Fouzi Khalid Abdullah al-Awda appeared via a video feed before a review board Wednesday morning in northern Virginia, often smiling as his private counsel Eric Lewis made the case for his release.

Al-Awda has been held prisoner for 12 years. According to Defense Department officials and his official Guantanamo detainee profile, he traveled from his home in Kuwait to Afghanistan just before the 9/11 attacks to train in terrorist camps, and "possibly" fight alongside the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

Al-Awda maintains he only went to Afghanistan for "humanitarian reasons to provide alms for the poor and to teach the Koran."

Offline flowers

the plan all along. Release the obama5 first then the rest of them.  :chairbang:

Offline katzenjammer

They are itching to empty that place out.

Offline musiclady

I wonder why they don't just free them all at once.

They know that they won't be held responsible by anyone in the media, even if we are attacked again by these same filthy terrorists.

So far, they've been able to get away with breaking any law and doing whatever they darn well pleased.

Dump the joint, claim victory, do a little Rose Garden dance and assume the majority of empty headed Americans will forget all about it..........or never hear about it in the first place.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

I wonder why they don't just free them all at once.

They know that they won't be held responsible by anyone in the media, even if we are attacked again by these same filthy terrorists.

So far, they've been able to get away with breaking any law and doing whatever they darn well pleased.

Dump the joint, claim victory, do a little Rose Garden dance and assume the majority of empty headed Americans will forget all about it..........or never hear about it in the first place.

You know, at this point I've given up trying to figure how/what/when they will do things.  Who knows?  Maybe they will make a move to do it as you describe (with the basic response that you describe)?  Or maybe they will just piece-meal it, a couple here and there, absorb whatever blowback comes, then just continue along....  maybe announce some on Friday evenings, and after the 3rd or 4th round, it will barely be a news story!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Precisely.  Closing Club Gitmo was the very first thing Obama said he was going to do, and Congress has thwarted him for six years.  If he cannot do it one way he will do it another. 

And while everyone is focused on this, he is importing foreign "Dream Children" over the border by the thousand.

:smokin: