Author Topic: Claire McCaskill: Bow Bergdahl 'rush to judgment' is 'un-American'  (Read 2866 times)

SPQR

Re: Claire McCaskill: Bow Bergdahl 'rush to judgment' is 'un-American'
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 02:43:06 am »
we're talking past each other.  I know what it is.  I also know that Feinstein does not care about the Constitution.  All she cares about is power and by not telling her Obama insulted her because he snubbed her own lust for power.  She uses the Constitution as a tool to accomplish what she wants and when it becomes inconvenient she drops it and steps all over it.

But Constutionally, and as a member of a committee and Congress she has a right to be angry. She can use the Constitution anyway she wants unless you want to amend the Consstitution.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:44:01 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 02:45:35 am »
But Constutionally, and as a member of a committee and Congress she has a right to be angry. She can use the Constitution anyway she wants unless you want to amend the Consstitution.

Saxby Chambliss is also angry and he is a ranking Republican on the intelligence Committee
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:46:12 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 03:01:10 am »
This is what Saxby Chambliss from Georgia had to say:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCkQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gwinnettdailypost.com%2Fnews%2F2014%2Fjun%2F04%2Fus-sen-saxby-chambliss-urges-white-house-to%2F&ei=CNqPU5WFMoq2yAT9uYLQBg&usg=AFQjCNE1D3miqVbxyli8OQX-5j2f3ttqdw&bvm=bv.68235269,d.aWw

Chambliss Statement on Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss, vice chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, released the following statement on the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban Five on Saturday:

"After five long years, I am pleased to join the American people today in welcoming home Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl.

"However, the United States has a long-standing policy of not negotiating with terrorists, and I am deeply troubled the Obama administration not only broke this policy, but also did so without the notification or consent of Congress, as required by law.

"Six months ago, I was assured by the administration they would not consider the release of these senior Taliban leaders without consulting Congress. Today, they violated that commitment. The security assurances the United States has been given regarding these terrorists is feeble at best, and I fear it is only a matter of time before they resume their terrorist activities. These men are not soldiers; they are dangerous terrorists and President Obama should be treating them as such."

http://votesmart.org/public-statement/873586/chambliss-statement-on-sgt-bowe-bergdahl#.U4_dQNrn9fw

It seems both the ranking member and the senior member of Intelligence are both on the same page.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:07:17 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:37 am »
So the soldiers and former soldiers criticizing Bergdahl are "un-American?" 

I'm not sure you want to go there, Claire  Only the GOP could mess up getting her out of office by running a dumpster fire like Todd Akin.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 03:08:19 am »
So the soldiers and former soldiers criticizing Bergdahl are "un-American?" 

I'm not sure you want to go there, Claire  Only the GOP could mess up getting her out of office by running a dumpster fire like Todd Akin.

LOL

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 03:09:48 am »

Of course, but that's irrelevant.  She's mad because she wasn't let in on the deal - she'd be mad whether she had the "right" or not.

Offline Carling

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 03:10:13 am »
It won't make any difference, but here is what I sent to Mccaskill on Twitter.

@clairecmc - Are you calling the soldiers criticizing the record of Bergdahl "un-American?" #bergdahl #berghazi

Offline Carling

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 03:12:25 am »
Of course, but that's irrelevant.  She's mad because she wasn't let in on the deal - she'd be mad whether she had the "right" or not.

It doesn't really matter one way or another what Feinstein says or thinks.

What can be controlled is calling out McCaskill for calling the soldiers criticizing Bergdahl "un-American."  That angle resonates with the public, not worrying about legal mumbo jumbo that 3/4 of the dummies in the USA know nothing about, let alone care about.  Debating what Feinstein thinks or actions she won't take are a very peripheral issue.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:13:11 am by Carling »

SPQR

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 03:16:30 am »
  She's mad because she wasn't let in on the deal

I would think that the House ranking intelligence member(Congressman C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger)would want a piece of a pie and spotlight. I think Nancy Pelsoi would like apiece of the pie. The media hog Nancy Pelosi would gladly take the spotlight of freeing an American and claim the Democratic Party did it. She would be in a state of euphoria to claim that she help free an American. Both of them were not informed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:23:42 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 03:27:22 am »
It won't make any difference, but here is what I sent to Mccaskill on Twitter.

I do not have Twitter because I do not believe it that stuff but I know what you probably said

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 04:00:58 am »
I do not have Twitter because I do not believe it that stuff but I know what you probably said

It's worth getting an account. Not to put your stuff out there - 99% of that is wasted bandwidth - but I use it to follow about 200 different news channels. They tweet stuff first, before they put it up on the web site or print it. It is literally up to the second reports on different stories.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:13 am »
It's worth getting an account. Not to put your stuff out there - 99% of that is wasted bandwidth - but I use it to follow about 200 different news channels. They tweet stuff first, before they put it up on the web site or print it. It is literally up to the second reports on different stories.

I believe if you want to spill your guts to someone get a analyst for an LDS person its someone in the priesthood.The LDS already have their special analysts. You may have to pay for it. No one is looking at your record .Its totally confidential.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:10:57 am by Trigger »