Author Topic: Report: White House Accuses Soldiers Who Served with Bergdahl of 'Swift Boating'  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/report-white-house-accuses-soldiers-who-served-bergdahl-swift-boating-him_794307.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Report: White House Accuses Soldiers Who Served with Bergdahl of 'Swift Boating'
Mark Hemingway
June 4, 2014 9:24 AM

Appearing on the Today Show this morning, Chuck Todd reports that, in response to allegations of possible desertion by Bowe Bergdahl, White House sources are accusing the soldiers that served with him of "swift boating." Prior to the allegations made by those who served with Bergdahl, National Security Advisor Susan Rice had said Bergdahl served with "Honor and distinction." From the transcript of the Today Show:

Every [White House] aide I've talked to said they expected there to be controversy involving the decision to release five members of the taliban from gitmo, and the fact that this would then escalate that debate, which has been simmering for a good five years, which is what to do with those detainees, how do you release them, where do you release them. They did not expect this backlash on bergdahl himself. I've had a few aides describe it to me as we didn't know that they were going to swift boat Bergdahl. And that's a reference to that political fight back in 2004 over john kerry's military service, so there's some fighting words there.

Here's the video of Todd on the Today Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbyJV8tUsvs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

I was wondering when they'd start this pile of crap accusation.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SlapLeather

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Offline flowers

I was wondering when they'd start this pile of crap accusation.........
i was too. they got a slow start on this one.

Offline GourmetDan

"...White House sources are accusing the soldiers that served with him of "swift boating."

Keep diggin boyz!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:45:09 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

This is a fight the Obama team welcomes.

What's a VA?

Offline kevindavis007

Not wise for the Obama administration to do this imho.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline GourmetDan

They appear to be stuck in "If I say it, it's true and if you disagree, you're wrong" mode...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

Trying to rehabilitate the image of a deserter versus the words of the men who served with him is a not a fight I can see as being winnable for the WH, but I sure hope they try.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Relic

They appear to be stuck in "If I say it, it's true and if you disagree, you're wrong" mode...

Why not? It's worked beautifully for 6 years now. They simply say it, whatever it is, and the media treats it as unvarnished truth.

Offline GourmetDan

Why not? It's worked beautifully for 6 years now. They simply say it, whatever it is, and the media treats it as unvarnished truth.

Yeah, of course.  It has always worked before.

I'm just hoping they have finally pissed off enough people that it'll make things worse this time...

Online mountaineer

"Swift Boating" = telling the truth (whether about John F. Kerry's alleged heroics in Vietnam or Bergdahl's treason).
I can see how the White House might object.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org