Author Topic: White House Backpedals After Claiming Bergdahl ‘Served With Honor And Distinction’  (Read 650 times)

Offline flowers

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/03/white-house-backpedals-after-claiming-bergdahl-served-with-honor-and-distinction/

Deputy national security advisor Tony Blinken struggled to cover for his boss Susan Rice on Tuesday, backtracking from her contention that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl “served with honor and distinction” in the face of tough questions from NBC reporter Andrea Mitchell.

Mitchell confronted Blinken over Rice’s Sunday claim that Bergdahl “served with honor and distinction” —  an assertion almost immediately disproven by scores of Bergdahl’s comrades and official Pentagon reports, which show the soldier abandoned his post and may have been seeking to join the Taliban.

“Why did Susan Rice say he served with honor and distinction?” she asked. “It was clear to the military as soon as he left what had happened, according to his former fellow soldiers?”

“Andrea, as Chairman Dempsey said this morning, we need to give Sgt. Bergdahl an opportunity to tell his story,” Blinken dodged, refusing to address Rice’s claim. “Right now we’re focused on bringing him back to the United States. He hasn’t even spoken to his family yet. There’s a whole transition process that goes on.”

“Keep in mind,” the deputy national security advisor continued, ”he just spent five years in captivity in the most horrendous conditions possible. We want to bring him home, we want to reunite him with his family, we want to get him well. And then he’ll have an opportunity to tell us what happened.”

I wonder what stunt the White House will pull to get this story off the front page? 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online kevindavis007

It gets worse and worse...

Let a terrorist attack happen...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Carling

Let a terrorist attack happen...

Stage a terrorist attack, and blame it on some right-wing wacko.  That's really their only move at this point.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:11:37 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Relic

I wonder what stunt the White House will pull to get this story off the front page?

With the state of the country, and the world due to Obama's bad intent, and incompetence, it's just a matter of time before something else blows up, (literally or figuratively).

Offline katzenjammer

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/03/white-house-backpedals-after-claiming-bergdahl-served-with-honor-and-distinction/

I've been wondering that too....  If this gets too hot for them to handle, I wonder what is coming next to push this totally out of the news cycle??

Offline katzenjammer

Stage a terrorist attack, and blame it on some right-wing wacko.  That's really their only move at this point.

Sad thing is, I wouldn't put it past them.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I've thought all along that's where all of this is headed. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
With the state of the country, and the world due to Obama's bad intent, and incompetence, it's just a matter of time before something else blows up, (literally or figuratively).
Our friends and foes across the globe know they must deal with Obama's impact for the next 2 1/2 years. That means both his radical policy direction, and his incompetence.

And presuming Hillary Clinton replaces him, can expect a more competent administration, but no significant change in radical policy direction.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

aka 'false-flag operation'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

I shudder to think what this bunch might do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

I shudder to think what this bunch might do.

It would probably have to be something other than a 'terrorist' attack since they just released 5 top-level Taliban leaders.

I would look more toward an escalation of the Ukrainian situation and a confrontation with the 'evil Russians'.

We did just send a couple of nuclear-capable B-52's to Europe to 'increase our presence in the region'...

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:48:38 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline katzenjammer

It would probably have to be something other than a 'terrorist' attack since they just released 5 top-level Taliban leaders.

I would look more toward an escalation of the Ukrainian situation and a confrontation with the 'evil Russians'.

We did just send a couple of nuclear-capable B-52's to Europe to 'increase our presence in the region'...

Gee, I don't know, that could be a bit too "messy," even for this bunch.  (Unless they really are in the mode of letting it all go spiraling out of control soon anyway...)  Maybe something on the financial front?  Maybe there are a few wall street cronies that can be thrown under the bus by exposing a "huge scandal" that will bump all of this out of the news?

Offline GourmetDan

Gee, I don't know, that could be a bit too "messy," even for this bunch.  (Unless they really are in the mode of letting it all go spiraling out of control soon anyway...)  Maybe something on the financial front?  Maybe there are a few wall street cronies that can be thrown under the bus by exposing a "huge scandal" that will bump all of this out of the news?

Better hope nuttin happens to Bambi while he's in Poland...