Author Topic: Obama: Sorry I Broke The Law In Not Notifying Congress About Prisoner Swap  (Read 241 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/03/Obama-Sorry-I-Broke-The-Law

by Charlie Spiering 3 Jun 2014, 11:12 AM PDT

A top aide to President Obama is now apologizing to Congress for not informing lawmakers, as required by law, that the White House was planning to trade an alleged deserter for five top Taliban commanders.

The apology comes after Obama himself defended his actions this morning, insisting his administration had discussed the release with Congress “for some time.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) told reporters that she received a call from Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken on Monday evening apologizing for failing to inform Congress about the deal to exchange five Taliban detainees for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

“I had a call from the White House last night, from Tony Blinken, apologizing for it,” Feinstein, the chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, told reporters at the Senate on Tuesday.

Feinstein said that it was “very disappointing” that President Obama decided not to alert Congress about the deal, suggesting that there was not a “level of trust” at the White House.

"He apologized for it and said it was an oversight," Feinstein said about the call with Blinken, clarifying that it was her “impression” of the call.

Feinstein said that in previous conversations with Senators about the trade, “there were very strong views and they were virtually unanimous against trade.”

“The White House is pretty unilateral about what they want to do when they want to do it,” she added, pointing out that the White House failed to work together with Congress in the situation.

Feinstein explained that she still had questions about Bergdahl, particular about the nature of his captivity.

“I certainly want to know more about whether this man is a deserter or not, I think that’s important to at least know, soldiers died looking for him, that’s important to give them credit,” she added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Since he admitted his guilt impeach him!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/03/John-McCain-Ridicules-White-House-Apology-To-Congress-For-Failing-to-Notify-Congress

McCain Ridicules White House 'Apology' for Failing to Notify Congress on Prisoner Swap

by Charlie Spiering 3 Jun 2014, 11:56 AM PDT

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) ridiculed the White House's apology to Congress for not informing them about the decision to trade five Taliban enemy combatants in exchange for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

“Well that’s wonderful, then everything’s OK,” McCain said sarcastically to reporters. “Everything’s ok now that they apologized, I don’t see the why we need to pursue it further.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein indicated to reporters on Tuesday that she received a call from Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken apologizing for failing to inform Congress about the deal.

McCain went on to criticize president Obama for his foreign policy, including his 2008 promise not to engage in negotiations with terrorists.

“President Obama has said so many things over the years, that I no longer pay attention,” McCain added.

McCain admitted that even when he was running against Obama in 2008, he never thought Obama’s record on foreign policy would be as bad as it is now.

“No. I never did,” he said shortly.
Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Translation: So sue me.

He knows nobody is going to hold him accountable for anything....Harry Reid is already lying about when he was notified when it is likely he was not notified at all.

:smokin: