Author Topic: Chuck Todd: White House Anticipated ‘Euphoria’ over Bergdahl Release  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chuck-todd-white-house-anticipated-euphoria-over-bergdahl-release/

Chuck Todd: White House Anticipated ‘Euphoria’ over Bergdahl Release
by Noah Rothman | 12:27 pm, June 3rd, 2014

NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell on Tuesday that the White House has been surprised by the concerned reaction to the release of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. He said that the White House expected criticism of the decision to release five Taliban in exchange for Bergdahl, but they also expected “euphoria” over the release of the last American soldier held captive in Afghanistan.

“What’s been interesting, Andrea, what’s caught the White House off guard here, they were expecting Gitmo criticisms of the detainees that were chosen,” Todd said. “They did not expect this criticism of the attempt to go get Bergdahl in the way that it was done.”

“It does seem they thought that the military would rally around them,” Mitchell observed. “That that would give them the protection, if you will, political protection from dealing through the Qataris with the Taliban.”

“On Sunday, I think they thought there would be some euphoria around this,” Todd agreed. “That there would be a rally around the flag. That didn’t happen.”

He added that the White House is surprised that criticism of the prisoner swap has not focused more on the ranking Taliban detainees released.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Hagel being met by stone-cold silence in Afghanistan should have been their first clue.  Is there video of this anywhere?  I know there were members of the media there.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Plain and simple, Obama and his top advisors and operatives miscalculated this one, and apparently the media and the military won't do his bidding. Chairman Dempsey says military will investigate potential of desertion.

What will Obama now come up with, to take this off the front page?

Could the rebuke by Karzai be over this? Is this the real reason for trip to Afghanistan? Will Hillary and Kerry go the distance for him on this?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Plain and simple, Obama and his top advisors and operatives miscalculated this one, and apparently the media and the military won't do his bidding. Chairman Dempsey says military will investigate potential of desertion.

What will Obama now come up with, to take this off the front page?

Could the rebuke by Karzai be over this? Is this the real reason for trip to Afghanistan? Will Hillary and Kerry go the distance for him on this?

This whole thing was negotiated and soundly rejected a couple of years ago, and I have no doubt the Hildebeest was involved.  As I recall it was that pesky 30 days notice that killed the deal, because as soon as Congress heard about it they all raised hell. 

This time around I wonder if Kerry was even involved.  If Obama met with the Emir over this at West Point then that tells me Susan Rice negotiated this on her own and probably cut State and DOD out as a matter of course.  Chuck Hagel is too stupid to know he's been bypassed and Kerry is too busy out Jew baiting.  This was Obama doing what Susan Rice and Valerie Jarrett told him to do.  They believed their own line of BS and now they cannot believe that everyone is not singing their praises.

Offline SlapLeather

Let no one deceive you by any means.

“bismillah al-rahman al-rahim”  in the Rose Garden...