Author Topic: Politico Honchos 'Jump Shark' To Defend Obama's Taliban Release  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/06/03/politico-honchos-jump-the-shark-todefend-obamas-prisoner-exchange

by John Nolte 3 Jun 2014, 5:27 AM PDT

Blake Hounshell, an editor at Politico Magazine, downplayed Obama's decision to release five Taliban leaders in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl based on the fact that the five terrorists are not "ninjas." On his verified Twitter feed Hounshell wrote, "What's the argument that these five Taliban guys are so dangerous? Are they ninjas? Do they have superpowers?"

What's the argument that these five Taliban guys are so dangerous? Are they ninjas? Do they have superpowers? http://t.co/kLW7RW3cgX
    — Blake Hounshell (@blakehounshell) June 3, 2014

Politico's Glenn Thrush, who covers the White House for the left-wing outlet, seems to believe that everything Obama does is okay because President Bush invaded Iraq. Tuesday morning, from his Twitter account, Thrush fired off this non sequitur:

Wonder what endangered homeland more: prisoner swap or invading Muslim country based on fake intel resulting in tens of thousands of deaths?
    — Glenn Thrush (@GlennThrush) June 3, 2014

Thrush's tweet resulted in all kinds of responses, most of them critical. One of the first said that Thrush had "jumped the shark."

@woodhouseb @GlennThrush the leftist hysteria has now "jumped the shark".
    — Fairflattaxnow (@fairflattaxnow) June 3, 2014

When I challenged Thrush on his use of a nom sequitur, he replied, "I live near Walter Reed. I see the Non Sequiturs in wheelchairs at my mall".

I live near Walter Reed. I see the Non Sequiturs in wheelchairs at my mall MT NolteNC: see someone's been shopping at Non Sequiturs R' Us.”
— Glenn Thrush (@GlennThrush) June 3, 2014

How many more Americans and Afghans will the newly-freed Taliban Dream Team put in wheelchairs, or worse?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Politico Honchos 'Jump Shark' To Defend Obama's Taliban Release
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:00:25 pm »
"I live near Walter Reed. I see the Non Sequiturs in wheelchairs at my mall".

And how many more wheelchairs have there been since your god, obama, took office, eh Glenn?

Not to mention the fact that, under Bush, myriads of terrorists were killed by American troops in Iraq, thus keeping us safer.

These people are mentally ill.  I swear.  They're mentally ill.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

Re: Politico Honchos 'Jump Shark' To Defend Obama's Taliban Release
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:33 pm »
Bill Bennett had a discussion with a caller about this. Bennett cited St. Augustine's writings regarding invincible ignorance and how it applies to today's media. The media is so invested in the cause, they are unable to honestly deal with Obama's shortcomings.