Author Topic: The case for impeachment of Barack Hussein Obama by Allen West  (Read 366 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/case-impeachment-barack-hussein-obama/#C8hK7PqbLcvl01lY.99

The case for impeachment of Barack Hussein Obama
Written by Allen West on June 3, 2014

This morning on WMALs “Morning on the Mall” radio show with hosts Brian and Larry I was asked a simple question relating to the Taliban prisoner release and impeachment of the president. I responded yes that in this current case, the U.S. House of Representatives should file articles of impeachment against Barack Hussein Obama.

Now before all the detractors go apoplectic here, let me tell you about Article 2 signing statements, their intent, purpose, history, and usage, and the implications for the president’s impeachment.

President Obama used an Article 2 signing statement to deem unconstitutional a measure HE had signed into law contained in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The law stated that he must advise Congress within 30 days about any plans to transfer detainees from GITMO. Obama basically stated that this was “unconstitutional” and that his unilateral action fell within his purview. Once again Obama used selective discretion as to what law he feels he must adhere to — in this case it has severe ramifications for our national security.

Why would the United States acquiesce to the demands of a non-state, non-uniform terrorist organization — the Taliban? The Taliban is our enemy and it is not a nation-state with whom we should enter into negotiations. There are some 141 detainees at GITMO. The five released were senior Taliban officials, basically members of Mullah Omar’s inner circle. If we wanted to release detainees in exchange for Bergdahl, there were many others to choose from. Why these?

The rate of recidivism for GITMO released detainees has gone from 1 in 6 to 1 in 3 — and why would we think a one-year travel ban out of Qatar will be respected, or even make a difference with today’s modern communications technology? Even Obama has now stated they may just return to terrorist activity.

Obama’s breaking of the law in this case presents serious national security concerns — for all Americans. This is aiding and abetting the enemy, which goes along with the collusion of this administration with Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated organizations and supplying weapons and arms to Islamists.

Obama just released the leadership of a terrorist organization, and what did we get in return? A deserter, who by his own self-proclamation harbors anti-American sentiments — which it seems that Susan Rice, our esteemed National Security Advisor, didn’t even realize his heinous actions — or maybe as usual she just lied about it again. Bergdahl served the United States with honor and distinction? Let’s not send Susan Rice out ever again.

To hear Obama state that “no American should be left behind” — has he forgotten about Benghazi and Marine SGT Tahmooressi? How about leaving behind American veterans to die?

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit that Barack Hussein Obama’s unilateral negotiations with terrorists and the ensuing release of their key leadership without consult — mandated by law — with the U.S. Congress represents high crimes and misdemeanors, an impeachable offense.

So I call upon the leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives; Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to draft articles of impeachment as no one is above the law in America. The failure to do so speaks volumes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: The case for impeachment of Barack Hussein Obama by Allen West
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »
It is a cut and dried case for impeachment.  I doubt anything will be done about it, at least before the midterms.   

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:01:14 pm »
It is a cut and dried case for impeachment.  I doubt anything will be done about it, at least before the midterms.   

I am a simple man. I never had aspirations to have any sort of legacy beyond my children. Having said that, if I were in a position like John Boehner's, I'd be keenly aware of my significance, and that I'd have a historical legacy. History will not treat John Boehner well, and I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't care about being remembered in such a way.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:35 pm »
Even if the GOP sweeps the midterms, I have doubts they'll do anything (unless we finally elect something other than a passel of eunuchs).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:27 pm »

Not so cut and dried.  Andy McCarthy over at National Review thinks there is no case for impeachment for ignoring the statute.  The real crime is in returning five hardened terrorists to the battlefield.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.