Author Topic: President Obama goes rogue on Gitmo  (Read 704 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
President Obama goes rogue on Gitmo
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: President Obama goes rogue on Gitmo
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:35 PM »
If this isn't an impeachable offense I wish someone would explain to me what is!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Yep.  If there are no prisoners left in Gitmo, it will be a simple matter to close Gitmo, so watch for even more of these kinds of swaps. 

Obama has set the bounty on US Soldiers overseas.  Perhaps the Taliban can kidnap some American females next, and hold them hostage for all of the rest of the "heroes" in Gitmo.

This is far from over...

:smokin:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
If this isn't an impeachable offense I wish someone would explain to me what is!

Even if it was, what would be the point with Harry Reid and the rest of the Democrats in charge of the Senate?  Not an expedient fix, and if there is no will for impeachment among there American people, and there is not, then impeachment will fail.

I understand your point, and I hope you understand mine...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »
Just discussed on Fox..this is a trial balloon to see the reaction on Cap Hill and the American people....expect more releases until the remaining 140 are no more and GITMO can be closed..

Support the USO

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:11:27 PM »
I think that the House and Senate  Foreign Relations Committees issue a subpoena why Susan Rice and John Kerry why they took this action.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:11:58 PM by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
Just discussed on Fox..this is a trial balloon to see the reaction on Cap Hill and the American people....expect more releases until the remaining 140 are no more and GITMO can be closed..

Based on the initial response, the balloon has already been shot down in fiery flames.

This is Obama's Hindenburg moment in terms of foreign policy.  There is no defending this release, even if Bergdahl weren't a deserter.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
Even if it was, what would be the point with Harry Reid and the rest of the Democrats in charge of the Senate?  Not an expedient fix, and if there is no will for impeachment among there American people, and there is not, then impeachment will fail.

I understand your point, and I hope you understand mine...

The POINT is that if our side decides to play politics with this instead of doing their duty and impeaching the bastard how are we any better than they are?

We bitch and gripe about Obama playing politics with everything and we apparently want to be just like them!!

The President broke the law and must be held accountable! End of story!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 07:27:32 PM »
The same report with Greta...the General said...[please forgive missed the General's name]..that after having the parents brought to the White House and announcing this in the Rose Garden there will never be a court martial or any other disciplinary action taken against Bergdahl....his file will be sealed as to not let Obama look more the fool...

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
Based on the initial response, the balloon has already been shot down in fiery flames.

This is Obama's Hindenburg moment in terms of foreign policy.  There is no defending this release, even if Bergdahl weren't a deserter.

They didn't expect this reaction, but I do believe Obama is going to push the limits.  He knows the GOP would get killed in the polls if it tried to impeach him, and the only other option is to defund any attempt to transfer prisoners.  Reid won't go along with that.

So what is the GOP supposed to do?  Drag them in front of House hearings and make a huge political issue out of it is about all they can do.

The only consolation is that the Democrats haven't a leg to stand on when the next Republican president decides to suspend enforcement of the capital gains tax.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »
The same report with Greta...the General said...[please forgive missed the General's name]..that after having the parents brought to the White House and announcing this in the Rose Garden there will never be a court martial or any other disciplinary action taken against Bergdahl....his file will be sealed as to not let Obama look more the fool...

General Scales. 

There won't be any punishment for this clown, except perhaps in the private sector.  No respectable business is going to hire a deserter.

It won't do any good to "seal his files."  With all his troop mates running around and telling their stories, Bergdahl's name won't be worth a plug nickel in a year.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 07:39:29 PM »
They didn't expect this reaction, but I do believe Obama is going to push the limits.  He knows the GOP would get killed in the polls if it tried to impeach him, and the only other option is to defund any attempt to transfer prisoners.  Reid won't go along with that.

So what is the GOP supposed to do?  Drag them in front of House hearings and make a huge political issue out of it is about all they can do.

The only consolation is that the Democrats haven't a leg to stand on when the next Republican president decides to suspend enforcement of the capital gains tax.

Surely you jest?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 07:40:24 PM »
General Scales. 

There won't be any punishment for this clown, except perhaps in the private sector.  No respectable business is going to hire a deserter.

It won't do any good to "seal his files."  With all his troop mates running around and telling their stories, Bergdahl's name won't be worth a plug nickel in a year.

Thanks sink...yes Gen Scales...

Support the USO

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
General Scales. 

This clown is a hero to the left. Books, movies, non-action-figures...  Fonda will probably produce and direct...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
This clown is a hero to the left. Books, movies, non-action-figures...  Fonda will probably produce and direct...

Fonda and her brother Kerry both will support this guy no matter what. He is a traitor who put his fellow Americans at risk in a horribly dangerous situation. He is just like both of them, only worse.

But yes, the Left will love this guy for the time being, until the Mulsim gain enough power to effect them directly. Then they will blame Bush.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »

Fonda and her brother Kerry both will support this guy no matter what. He is a traitor who put his fellow Americans at risk in a horribly dangerous situation. He is just like both of them, only worse.

But yes, the Left will love this guy for the time being, until the Mulsim gain enough power to effect them directly. Then they will blame Bush.

The Muslims are already effecting them directly. Their Man is the Dictator of the most powerful Country known. All will be rosy... For the better good and all... do it for the children... tools each one.

Anyone checked on Syria recently?  Almost "unrecognizable as a city" and Turkey just turned off the "waters of the Euphrates River to them.

Watch.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Of course it is an impeachable offense for the President to intentionally violate a Federal law.

But it no longer matters in today's America, for we have become a nation not of laws, but of men, and those who make the laws may now freely decide which ones to enforce or which to obey. And the man charged with executing the laws may now freely make them, without any meaningful political opposition from a purportedly "opposition" party, whose existential purpose becomes less clear with each passing day.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
This clown is
 a hero to the left. Books, movies, non-action-figures...  Fonda will probably produce and direct...

Not yet.  There is literally NOBODY from the left out defending this guy tonight.  Maybe that will come later, when they come up with a narrative.  But, clearly, the WH never expected that Bergdahl's desertion would come to the fore.  They surely didn't expect all these platoon mates to come out, in violation of their non-disclosures.  And they will continue to talk.

Fly in the ointment for Obammy.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »
Not yet.  There is literally NOBODY from the left out defending this guy tonight.  Maybe that will come later, when they come up with a narrative.  But, clearly, the WH never expected that Bergdahl's desertion would come to the fore.  They surely didn't expect all these platoon mates to come out, in violation of their non-disclosures.  And they will continue to talk.

Fly in the ointment for Obammy.

they're just coming up with the narrative they'll be spinning, most likely by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

SPQR

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 10:33:17 PM »
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:34:03 PM by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:19 AM »
Not before the election, thank you. Last thing we need is to galvanize a sympathy vote turn out. Keep the house. Take the senate. Then impeach the sod.

I have been watching today with some dismay. Pretty much everyone agrees that bringing Bergdahl home was a crass and blatant attempt to force the VA and Benghazi scandals out of the news. So why the hell are we falling for it here? Dude even has his own damned section!

How's that working out?  Replace two scandals with one great big mother of a scandal.

This terrorists-for-deserter swap has blown up in Obama's face, big time.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 12:15:05 AM »
How's that working out?  Replace two scandals with one great big mother of a scandal.

You know what I mean. :laugh:

This has blown up in his face, but can we stop chasing the new shiny scandals and keep applying pressure on the old ones as well. When we don't, we get the response "Dude, that was two years ago."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 12:17:49 AM »

Watch.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Now, let's focus on the new Presidentially Proclaimed LGBT Pride Month... June

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
Watch.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Now, let's focus on the new Presidentially Proclaimed LGBT Pride Month... June

Let's not.

I'm not sure how your Scripture passage is relevant, and DON'T tell me because it's not relevant.

And neither is trying to change the subject.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf