Author Topic: Obama White House “Stunned” By Negative Reaction To Freeing Terrorists  (Read 1139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://ulstermanbooks.com/obama-white-house-stunned-negative-reaction-freeing-terrorists/

Insider reports indicate Obama White House operatives expected they would enjoy widespread support for the administration’s decision to negotiate a trade of five highly dangerous Taliban officers for one U.S. soldier.  That support has not manifested, and now the White House is once again scrambling to initiate damage control.

Congressional leaders are now reviewing the legal implications of President Obama breaking a law he himself signed just last year that required he notify Congress of any intent to free a GITMO prisoner 30 days prior to doing so.  No such notification was given when the administration brokered a deal to free five Taliban terrorists for Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who had gone missing in Afghanistan five years ago.

‘The return of senior terrorists to the Taliban is a “high crime and misdemeanor”, Andrew C. McCarthy told MailOnline.

Inside the Obama White House, people are confused as to why they are being questioned on things such as motive and tactics in getting Bergdahl free, as outlined by this quote, again from the MailOnline:

Everyone thought this would be a January 1981 moment,’ the insider said, referring to the negotiated release of 52 U.S. hostages in Iran after 444 days in captivity.

‘Reagan negotiated with terrorists in the weeks before he took office,’ the official said. ‘I don’t remember anyone objecting at the time. They just wanted our people home.’

Perhaps those Obama  White House staffers would do well to learn actual history though.  The Iran Hostage Crisis involved 52 embassy staff, and to the best of my knowledge, not terrorist hostages were freed as a result of negotiations.  In fact, the primary motivator for Iran freeing those hostages was fear of a direct military action by the soon-to-power Reagan administration.

If more former soldiers who served with Bergdahl come forward with assertions he was an anti-America deserter, look for more and more Americans to direct their outrage against the Obama White House, and what the administration saw as an easy public relations move, could very well turn into a PR nightmare that resulted in five very dangerous men being set free to resume their war against the United States.

Posted byulsterman
June 2, 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
YHGTBSM!!  They cannot really believed there is any comparison between this and 1981.  That is truly insane if true.  We really are in trouble if that is what anyone inside the White House believes they could justify this with in that way.

:smokin:

Offline musiclady

I swear the most ignorant, obtuse people in the whole world are all gathered in this derelict White House.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
YHGTBSM!!  They cannot really believed there is any comparison between this and 1981.  That is truly insane if true.  We really are in trouble if that is what anyone inside the White House believes they could justify this with in that way.

:smokin:

On this I am in COMPLETE agreement!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

As I understand the Reagan "negotiations" with Iran, it was either release our people, or you're going to get bombed back to the 16th century.

Obama gave up 5 senior Taliban leaders for a deserter.  If the White House is "stunned" by this, let's forget the long-play conspiracy stuff, and just admit these guys in the Obama WH are idiots.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:57:19 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As I understand the Reagan "negotiations" with Iran, it was either release our people, or you're going to get bombed back to the 16th century.

Obama gave up 5 senior Taliban leaders for a deserter.  If the White House is "stunned" by this, let's forget the long-play conspiracy stuff, and just admit these guys in the Obama WH are idiots.

If anyone is equating what Reagan did with any form of "negotiation" they are completely delusional!

Reagan simply told them what would happen if they did not comply and they did! There were absolutely NO negotiations involved!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
If anyone is equating what Reagan did with any form of "negotiation" they are completely delusional!

Reagan simply told them what would happen if they did not comply and they did! There were absolutely NO negotiations involved!

Exactly right.  Reagan's staff let the Iranians know what was coming five minutes after Reagan was sworn into the Presidency, and they believed him.  They held out till the last minute as a signal of contempt for the Carter Administration, but somehow they had the good sense not to provoke Ronaldus Maximus.

Offline andy58-in-nh

If any one of those al Qaeda monsters ends up killing Americans, there is a lawful penalty proscribed for a President who illegally released them in exchange for a man who might just be one of their allies. And the penalty for treason is not impeachment.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If any one of those al Qaeda monsters ends up killing Americans, there is a lawful penalty proscribed for a President who illegally released them in exchange for a man who might just be one of their allies. And the penalty for treason is not impeachment.

Unfortunately there are no penalties for anything unless there is someone willing to enforce them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

Unfortunately there are no penalties for anything unless there is someone willing to enforce them!
Precisely.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The fact that the Administration thought they would be heralded as heroes not only shows you how whacked out of touch they are - but it also shows us one of their tactics of diversion - and the lengths they are willing to go to make Obama look good when the news about him is not good.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Insider reports indicate Obama White House operatives expected they would enjoy widespread support for the administration’s decision to negotiate a trade of five highly dangerous Taliban officers for one U.S. soldier.  That support has not manifested, and now the White House is once again scrambling to initiate damage control.

Maybe the White House didn't take into consideration that we'd figure out that what really happened here, was that Obama released six terrorists, instead of buying into their cover story of a trade of five terrorists for one POW.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

Maybe the White House didn't take into consideration that we'd figure out that what really happened here, was that Obama released six terrorists, instead of buying into their cover story of a trade of five terrorists for one POW.

good point

Offline evadR

Everyone is scared witless of this guy.
It's unbelievable.
Just one more crime in a long list of crimes.  There is no end in sight.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline katzenjammer

I don't know, but I am not so sure that the WH has miscalculated or under-estimated anything.  In some ways I think that this was a big three-fer for them:
1.  Gets the VA Scandal completely out of the news cycle.
2.  Starts the process of emptying Gitmo in earnest.
3.  Gives another big middle finger to most of the country.

Hell, this crap about Bergdahl was certainly no secret to anyone; you had MSM coverage of it years ago well beyond Hastings' RS article.  They *knew* all of that would pop out with 24 hours or less of the news breaking.  And they also *knew* all about the senior Bergdahl, do you think anyone gets to stand with and speak with any President at the Rose Garden without his whole life being totally dissected from birth??

Oceander

Everyone is scared witless of this guy.
It's unbelievable.
Just one more crime in a long list of crimes.  There is no end in sight.

there is:  Jan. 20, 2017.

Offline evadR

there is:  Jan. 20, 2017.
You know what, at this point I'll believe it when I see it. :thud:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I don't know, but I am not so sure that the WH has miscalculated or under-estimated anything.  In some ways I think that this was a big three-fer for them:

Hell, this crap about Bergdahl was certainly no secret to anyone; you had MSM coverage of it years ago well beyond Hastings' RS article.  They *knew* all of that would pop out with 24 hours or less of the news breaking.  And they also *knew* all about the senior Bergdahl, do you think anyone gets to stand with and speak with any President at the Rose Garden without his whole life being totally dissected from birth??

Couldn't agree more Katz! I think you nailed it across the board!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

One thing is certain:  this guarantees the GOP gets the Senate in November.  Releasing the worst of the worst in return for a deserter plays very poorly among the electorate.

And the image of Taliban dad also plays poorly.  Very poorly.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

i completely agree. I doubt the WH is shocked by any of this.  It gets the VA completely off the news cycle.He now gets to clean out gitmo any way he wants to. he gets to stick his finger in our eyes and in the eyes of active duty military. They are not worried about this. why should they be? nothing will occur to them from this event.
  This had been in the works for a couple of years. They held off to do this so they could use it to their advantage. VA is off the news cycle,  now obama is out of country. This will be off the front page by the time he comes home.

Online mountaineer

Agreed. This administration is pretty sure we're all illiterates, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

One thing is certain:  this guarantees the GOP gets the Senate in November.  Releasing the worst of the worst in return for a deserter plays very poorly among the electorate.

And the image of Taliban dad also plays poorly.  Very poorly.

I wish I had your optimism but I have to say, this certainly improves the chances dramatically.

These people are soooo clueless.

Offline Carling

The Obama administration managed to do something that the GOP has been unable to do since summer 2012 with this Bergdahl mess.

He's united the GOP against him, and stopped the infighting!   :beer:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

You know what, at this point I'll believe it when I see it. :thud:

Can't say as I blame you.