Author Topic: Are There Common Threads Among Mass Murderers? By Alicia Colon  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0614/colon060214.php3#.U4xws_ldU8M

June 2, 2014 /

Are There Common Threads Among Mass Murderers?

By Alicia Colon

While the majority of pundits commenting on the Isla Vista murders and killer Elliot Rodgers blame guns and advocate for more gun control, others are now seeking other answers.

These musings range from blaming his parents, his therapy, video games and now in an absurd column by a Washington Post writer-blaming Hollywood movies. I'm not going to join the blame game crowd in looking for answers on how to prevent future incidents. I'd rather comment on what all these murderers have in common; they're all nuts and no amount of strict gun control is going to stop them. Legislators who are not letting crises go to waste are using the public stage and photo ops to promote senseless bills.

Besides being certifiably crazy, these killers more or less came from the same ideological, self absorbed liberal backgrounds. Not sure yet about Elliot Rodgers who was not an American but his father's Hollywood connections, links him to the liberal left. Republicans are usually accused by the mainstream media as influencing these violent acts but that's before reporters bothered to check the killers' political leanings. The media used that same due diligence in reportage they used in vetting Barack Hussein Obama.

After ?Jared Lee Loughner killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, the media and tweeters went wild speculating that he was a disgruntled tea partier who listened to Rush Limbaugh. They were disappointed to discover that he was a registered Independent with no political affiliation other than madness. The political affiliation of the other killers is without a doubt left wing but I couldn't find one who was an NRA member or a tea party member. The same wild accusations about the tea party came after James Holmes was caught after the Aurora, Colorado theater massacre. The media reported that a Jim Holmes was a tea party member only to find that he was an over fifty-year old Hispanic.

One must, of course, sympathize with Richard Martinez, the father of a young man killed in Isla Vista, who in his grief lashed out in anguish at "craven, irresponsible politicians" and the NRA. His pain filled anger is understandable but what is undeniable is that MSM reporters seek out individuals like Martinez who provide the drama that illustrates their own agenda which is pro gun control.

The mass murders all took place in cities with strong gun control laws in place yet the killers managed to get weapons because these laws are never properly enforced. Children in elementary schools have been suspended for just pointing their fingers at classmates or bringing a toy water gun to school yet disturbed individuals like Rodgers who'd been in therapy for mental problems can legally purchase their deadly weapons. Clearly the emphasis on prevention of these acts should focus on mental health rather than the elimination of the second amendment.

When James Holmes walked into that crowded theatre in Aurora, Colorado, he could have been stopped in his tracks after his first flash of gunfire had there been someone armed with a licensed concealed weapon in the vicinity. Statistically, more lives are saved by guns than lost but you won't see that reported by the mainstream media. In fact, on April 22, 2013, a convicted felon, 29-year old Kiarron Parker, went to a crowded Aurora, Colorado, church and shot and killed a member of the congregation before being killed himself by a congregant carrying a gun. Death toll-one. Don't remember reading about that Aurora shooting, right?

I am not, however, a fan of guns. I am terrified of them. I am not a member of the NRA but I have defended this organization in the past and fully support the Second Amendment. I do so because I have studied history and the very first thing that dictators do to assume power is disarm the populace. It happened in Nazi Germany, Maoist China and Castro's Cuba. I was surprised to hear Richard Dreyfuss, confirmed Hollywood liberal, tell CNN's Piers Morgan that " the National Rifle Association (NRA) should train people in "responsible gun ownership," control the armories for certain guns — "not the government" — and "should be thought of or think of themselves as heroes.". Pure common sense.

One year after Australia, using lists of licensed owners, confiscated over 600,000 guns from its citizens, criminal activity and assaults against women and the elderly increased dramatically. Armed robberies were up 44 percent. Switzerland has a higher per capita rate of gun ownership than the United States, but has virtually no gun crime. What we can learn from Switzerland is that the best way to reduce gun misuse is to promote responsible gun ownership. Banning guns leaves us all vulnerable to psychopaths who will not hesitate to mow down the innocent.

Besides being mentally ill, these psychopaths also share the same economic status in the sense that they are not desperately poor. In the case of Elliot Rodgers, he was definitely one of the 1% with all the material benefits of that class. I could be wrong but I don't recall any news reports about the psychopaths that any of them were active in church or synagogue activities. Their lack of spirituality is another common thread they share. I seem to recall President Obama making this statement about right wing conservatives in Pennsylvania: "And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them."

Well Mr. President, perhaps, if these psychopaths had clung to a religion, they might have found ways to deal with their bitterness instead of blowing away their innocent victims.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Are There Common Threads Among Mass Murderers? By Alicia Colon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »
Well argued. I am impressed that the author admitted her fear of weapons, yet does not let it blind her to the truth, though she doesn't hit all the truth.

Every recent shooter has been mentally ill, true. The vast majority of them have also been what can only charitably be described as "spoiled brats."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink