Author Topic: Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'  (Read 913 times)

Offline flowers

Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/susan-rice-bergdahl-served-honor-and-distinction_794066.html

President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield,"

“Certainly anybody who's been held in those conditions, in captivity for five years, has paid an extraordinary price. But that is really not the point. The point is that he's back,” Rice told ABC host George Stephanopoulos when asked whether Bergdahl was a deserter and whether he'd face punishment.

“He is going to be safely reunited with his family. He served the United States with honor and distinction. And we’ll have the opportunity eventually to learn what has transpired in the past years, but what's most important now is his health and well being, that he have the opportunity to recover in peace and security and be reunited with his family. Which is why this is such a joyous day.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Rice says, "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield." She adds, "We have a sacred obligation that we have upheld since the founding of our republic to do our utmost to bring back our men and women who are taken in battle, and we did that in this instance." 

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:24:07 pm »
He served our mortal enemies with honor and distinction. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:27:02 pm »
If they are beginning to defend him, the blowback is hurting...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 02:31:47 pm »
I have read the comment sections at yahoo and msnbc. majority aren't pleased about this at those comment sections.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »

They have been defending this from the very beginning, and the blowback was immediate and continues to build.  I'm amazed that the Regime could be so politically tone deaf as to send Susan Rice out on yet another controversial round of Sunday talk shows.  These kind of comments are incredible considering the number of extensive comments from people who were in Abu Bob Bowie al-Amerikani's army unit.  Susan Rice once again demonstrates how well she can lie with a straight face.  Benghazi is the reason why she is not SecState.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:48 pm »
Trying to defuse the 'VA Scandal' by freeing an American soldier from the evil Taliban?

Unfortunately, the only one they had was a deserter.

I thought official WH policy was "Don't Do Stupid Sh*t"?

Doh!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »
Susan Rice!!?? Are you shi'iiiteing me?

They can't do any better than to drag out this hack?

This is truly the gang that can shoot straight.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:15:45 pm »
Where is Baghdad Bob when you need him?

Bring Carney back!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »
Trying to defuse the 'VA Scandal' by freeing an American soldier from the evil Taliban?

Unfortunately, the only one they had was a deserter.

I thought official WH policy was "Don't Do Stupid Sh*t"?

Doh!

Good indication of just how desperate this White House is for something positive to take all the bad news off the front page.  They did exactly that, but not in the way they hoped.

I'm incredulous that anyone could think they could spin their way around the glaring inconvenient truths surrounding Ibn Bob Bowie al-Ameriki's so-called disappearance in Afghanistan.  And there is no way any of this happened without Obama's direct intervention.  No blaming Bush on this one.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

I'm incredulous that anyone could think they could spin their way around the glaring inconvenient truths surrounding Ibn Bob Bowie al-Ameriki's so-called disappearance in Afghanistan.  And there is no way any of this happened without Obama's direct intervention.  No blaming Bush on this one.

Well, the media does have their back.  There is a low percentage of people who even watch the news and even fewer of those who would question what they hear is 'the truth'.  The rest just follow along.

The number of people who understand and can do something about it are miniscule.  Our elected representatives certainly won't do anything.

Bambi will be fine...

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 05:30:11 pm »
If Susan Rice says he served with "honor and distinction," you know for sure the administration is well aware he is a deserter.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:18 pm »
So they send Rice for brains out to lie lie lie and lie again on the Sunday shows.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:45 pm »
Right now - I want to know what happened to him. The only people who actually know are his unit and himself.

Not sure of the American way of doing things, but you have a similar system in a lot of respects. A Tribunal should be convened to get the facts of the case and turn their findings over to the CO. I would assume that JAG would be involved in deciding whether a Court Martial is warranted or if the option of Administrative punishment is on the table, but, like I say - different system.

I know this is counter to the vast majority of what people are saying right now - I have dealt with people burning out and making sub optimal decisions. Was the failure his, or his superior officers for not catching this shit in time? You show me a soldier who has never had doubts or bitched about the mission and I'll show you one who has never had their ass in a crack or had to deal with colats.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »
Benedict Arnold served with honor and distinction in the Continental Army, too, just like Bergdahl is said by Rice to have done - until he became a traitor, just like Bergdahl.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 01:17:48 pm »
Right now - I want to know what happened to him. The only people who actually know are his unit and himself.

Not sure of the American way of doing things, but you have a similar system in a lot of respects. A Tribunal should be convened to get the facts of the case and turn their findings over to the CO. I would assume that JAG would be involved in deciding whether a Court Martial is warranted or if the option of Administrative punishment is on the table, but, like I say - different system.

I know this is counter to the vast majority of what people are saying right now - I have dealt with people burning out and making sub optimal decisions. Was the failure his, or his superior officers for not catching this shit in time? You show me a soldier who has never had doubts or bitched about the mission and I'll show you one who has never had their ass in a crack or had to deal with colats.

Every single member of his unit that I have see or otherwise heard from calls him a deserter and that carries a LOT of weight with me! Who would know what actually happened better than them?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:29:02 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »
So they send Rice for brains out to lie lie lie and lie again on the Sunday shows.

And the media dutifully reports what a known liar says without question.

They've got our back... yeah sure...