Author Topic: Two Kids Stabbed in Brooklyn, One Dies: Police  (Read 739 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Two Kids Stabbed in Brooklyn, One Dies: Police
« on: June 02, 2014, 07:45:27 am »
A 6-year-old boy is dead and and a 7-year-old girl is in critical condition after they were stabbed in Brooklyn Sunday evening, police said.

The children were attacked around 6 p.m. on Schenck Avenue in East New York, police said.

Police say both kids were stabbed inside an elevator. The boy was found near the elevator and the girl was found just outside the building.

Both children were hospitalized at Brookdale University Hospital where the boy was pronounced dead. Their names have not yet been released.

A relative said the children are not related.

Police said they were searching for a male suspect in his 30s.

Via NBC: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Children-Stabbed-East-New-York-Brooklyn-Police-261456871.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

Re: Two Kids Stabbed in Brooklyn, One Dies: Police
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:56:56 am »
Slow news day.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:57:29 am by Trigger »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:47:52 pm »
Such violence and insanity are hard to comprehend.
Maniac wielding butcher knife kills child in elevator
By Larry Celona, Tom Wilson and Frank Rosario
NY Post
June 1, 2014 | 7:46pm

A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death and a 7-year-old girl was seriously wounded when they were attacked by a manic with a butcher knife while heading out to get a snack in Brooklyn.

Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and Mikayla Capers, 7, were in an elevator together when they were hacked and stabbed multiple times in the random 6 p.m. attack, law-enforcement sources said.

“They were just coming outside to get some ice cream and ices,” said Inez Rodriguez, the president of a the tenant’s association. “This is the worst thing that I’ve ever seen in this neighborhood.”

The young boy was found dead in the elevator of the Boulevard Houses of 845 Schenck Avenue in East New York, sources said.

“They done killed my baby,” Avitto’s distraught mother said outside Brookdale Hospital.

“His birthday was in 16 days! Lord, they done killed my baby!”

The little girl, who was chased by the maniac out of the elevator on the first floor, collapsed in front of a nearby building, sources said. Capers was in surgery at Brookdale Hospital.

“What kind of animal would do a thing like this,” said Capers’ great grandmother, Regenia Trevathan. “I have faith in the NYPD to pound the streets until they catch this bastard.”

The attacker fled the scene after the fatal assault. Sources said the attack was random and a butcher knife was recovered at the scene.

Resident Kevin Velez, 41, said it was a peaceful Sunday until all hell broke loose.

“It was just a normal day with kids running around. And then it became chaos,” Velez said. “People running around and yelling. It’s hard for me to take.”

Velez said he witnessed Avitto being taken out of the building.

“He was lifeless, just lifeless. I can’t get the image out of my head,” he said. “There was blood all over the front door. This is horrendous. The police need to catch this animal.”

The callous double-stabbing took place two days after an 18-year-old girl was killed after being stabbed 32 times in the chest nearby in East New York, sources said.

Tayana Copeland was butchered just down the block on Stanley Avenue near Linwood Street at about 9:20 p.m. on Friday.

Cops tonight cannot rule out a connection between the attack on the woman and the attack on the kids.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:50 pm »
Such violence and insanity are hard to comprehend.

You have not been to Brooklyn. Brooklyn has one of the higher crime rates in America.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ny/brooklyn/crime/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:05:31 pm by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:28 am »
Apparently the little boy who was killed is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson.

Maybe now it is tied in to sport it'll be more important?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-boy-stabbed-in-elevator-20140602,0,5879833.story
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:06:16 am »
Apparently the little boy who was killed is the cousin of Chicago Bulls power forward Taj Gibson.

Maybe now it is tied in to sport it'll be more important?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-boy-stabbed-in-elevator-20140602,0,5879833.story

I always wish people good luck while in Brooklyn at night
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:10:48 am by Trigger »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 11:41:08 am »
I don't care how high the crime rate may be in Brooklyn. This still is a horrid story. These were innocent children.

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 11:28:01 pm »
I don't care how high the crime rate may be in Brooklyn. This still is a horrid story. These were innocent children.

There are horrid crimes every day and night in Brooklyn. Women, Older citizens,men,cabbies and being assaulted for no reason.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:29:23 pm by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 11:34:16 pm »
There are horrid crimes every day and night in Brooklyn. Women, Older citizens,men,cabbies and being assaulted for no reason.

This is why in most flats/brownstones they have triple locks in their homes. Most homes are like fortresses. When you travel at night you usually travel in packs.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:51:54 pm by Trigger »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:57 pm »
Reports are the father said from witness descriptions that he recognized the perpetrator as a homeless man seen hanging around their building. One has to suspect the perp was mentally disturbed. Who else would randomly stab children?

SPQR

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 11:42:57 pm »
Reports are the father said from witness descriptions that he recognized the perpetrator as a homeless man seen hanging around their building. One has to suspect the perp was mentally disturbed. Who else would randomly stab children?

That is what makes Brooklyn dangerous. You never know what lurks behind the corner. The only redeeming quality about Brooklyn is the food. They have excellent restaurants. My favorite is Lenny's Pizza.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:17:57 am by Trigger »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:27:11 am »
Chiccio's on Avenue U and W. 5th St.. They make the best fresh mozzarella pizza affectionately dubbed "the Sophia Loren". It is to die for.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »
Brooklyn ‘ripper’ accused of stabbing kids caught
By Jamie Schram, Larry Celona and Georgett Roberts
June 4, 2014 | 3:45pm

The twisted butcher accused of stabbing two children in an elevator, leaving one dead, was arrested Wednesday after police tracked him down by using DNA evidence and pinging his cell phone, sources said.

Daniel St. Hubert — a convicted felon who was released from prison nine days before the callous East New York attack — was busted blocks away from his family’s home in Jamaica, Queens, according to law-enforcement sources.

Police believe St. Hubert killed Prince Joshua “P.J.” Avitto, 6, and severely wounded Mikayla Capers, 7, with a kitchen knife at the Boulevard Houses on Schenck Avenue  ....

St. Hubert was released from prison on May 23 after serving a seven-year sentence for trying to strangle his own mother to death, police sources said.

Little P.J. and Mikayla were going for ice cream when the killer entered the elevator Sunday just before 6 p.m., according to police.

The fiend was apparently bothered by the children’s chatter and told them to “shut up” — and became enraged when they didn’t listen.

Mikayla survived, despite being stabbed 16 times, and remains in critical condition at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

A lack of security cameras in the building allowed the murderer to slip away unseen.

Police believe St. Hubert may have also killed 18-year-old Tanaya Grant-Copeland just two days earlier. She was stabbed with a similar kitchen knife.

A relative of St. Hubert denied that he was the killer. “I know he has a history of mental Illness but I don’t think he would do anything like this,” the relative said. “I believe they have the wrong guy.”

Full story and photos at NY Post

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 01:29:58 pm »
UPDATE from New York Post
Accused ‘Brooklyn ripper’ terrifying psych ward staff
By Jamie Schram, C.J. Sullivan and Daniel Prendergast
June 8, 2014 | 11:17pm

The accused Brooklyn Ripper, charged with butchering two young children in an elevator, is now terrifying even hardened staffers on the Bellevue psych ward.

Daniel St. Hubert has been threatening to beat up cops and hospital workers since being taken in for evaluation last week, sources told The Post on Sunday.

“Any hospital staff that have to deal with him are very nervous around him,” said a Bellevue source. “They are on high alert.

“He is extremely hostile and accepts no responsibility for anything,” the source said, adding that his colleagues describe the alleged killer as a “menacing brute” with “a bad look in his eyes.”

A law enforcement source said of St. Hubert: “He’s eating a lot of meatballs and spaghetti and chicken cutlets — and threatening to kick officer’s asses.”

St. Hubert — arrested in the June 1 rampage that killed Prince Joshua “P.J.” Avitto, 6, and badly wounded Mikayla Capers, 7, days after being paroled for trying to kill his own mother — has shown no remorse, the sources said.

The hospital worker said that when St. Hubert isn’t lashing out at the staff, he’s lounging around the ward, eating and sleeping “like he doesn’t have a care in the world.”

“All he wants to do is sleep, like it will all go away if he isn’t awake for it,” the source said. “He is like a big baby in a man’s body.”

St. Hubert will likely remain at Bellevue for some time because correction officials are nervous about moving him to Rikers Island, where there are already multiple threats against him, sources said.

P.J., who was laid to rest Friday, and Mikayla, who continues a long road to recovery at New York ­Presbyterian Hospital, were on their way to get ices when St. Hubert entered the elevator with them and allegedly hacked them with a knife for refusing to quiet down.

The news of St. Hubert’s gluttony and carefree attitude at Bellevue enraged Capers’ family, who said an accused inmate should not be running the asylum.

“A little boy lost his life, and my sister was almost killed by this guy, and [St. Hubert’s] living cozy right now,” seethed Mikayla’s brother, Lequan, 22. “I don’t know how that happens. I would like to see a lot of things happen to him, but realistically, I would just like to see him spend the rest of his life behind bars.”

Capers said Mikayla is on the mend and undergoing physical therapy.

“She’s getting back to being a normal 7-year-old kid,” Lequan said.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »
Easy answer to this one.

Make a pubic statement of where and when this guy will be released back into the neighborhood whose children he stabbed.

Send one car with him in it, unlock the doors and drive away once he's out.

End of problem...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan