Author Topic: Why Were Bergdahl’s Fellow Soldiers Forced To Sign “Nondisclosure Agreements Not To Talk About His Disappearance’? What Is Really Going On?  (Read 787 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=49386

The military reaction to Bergdahl is not charitable
Jonn Lilyea | May 31, 2014    |

The Army Times seems surprised that the online military community isn’t being as welcoming to the news of Bowe Bergdahl’s release from the Haqqani Network as the rest of the country;

Within an hour of the announcement that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special forces by the Taliban Saturday evening, Army Times’ Facebook page lit up with hundreds of comments reacting to the news.

Most centered on the circumstances surrounding Bergdahl’s capture, which remain something of a mystery. There has been some speculation that he willingly walked away from his unit, raising the question of whether he could be charged with being absent without leave (AWOL) or desertion.

Since Bergdahl was “captured” or whatever happened, I took the position that we should all shut up about the speculation of the circumstances involving his capture. I heard rumors early in the news of his capture, but I always figured that if he had value to whoever who was holding him, he’d be kept alive – and no matter what he did, he probably didn’t deserve to be beheaded for it.

But, that’s all changed now that he’s in US hands and no longer in danger. I’ve been reading all of the reports on the internet from folks who claimed to serve with Bergdahl and I’ve read the lists of names of troops who lost their lives searching for him. But, I’m in the business of doubting everything I read that is related to the military on the internet. So, I’ll wait for the trial and/or the inquiry. You know there will have to be a 15-6 investigation (for an Article 32 hearing – a military grand jury).

I suspect that Bergdahl is a stank-ass hippie who accidentally joined the Army and decided to smell some Afghan flowers one night. I have no doubts that he thought that the Taliban or Haqqani Network would welcome him open arms, you know because of his inherent stank-ass hippie naivete. I have no doubts that he tried to escape from them at some point because, he escaped from the Army when things weren’t what he thought they’d be.

I also think that Shinseki resigned, along with Jay Carney yesterday because they knew the news would be swallowed up by the news that Bergdahl was released – I’m sure the news on tomorrow’s Sunday shows will be about the release of Bergdahl and how the President pulled off this great victory, and it will all be an attempt to cover up the scandals which are legion. By Monday, there will be no scandal about the VA – because Shinseki resigned and because “Bergdahl!”

And, oh, yeah, Bergdahl will be treated as a hero instead of the little coward deserter that he is. If he makes it to a court martial, he’ll get slapped on the wrist, get an honorable discharge and go on his merry way to co-write a book.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Re: The military reaction to Bergdahl is not charitable
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:00 am »
If only he was a cowardly deserter but he was training Taliban to attack our troops.
At this point he and Obama are equal traitors.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:41:58 am »
Every troop in Afghanistan knows Bergdahl is a deserter who likely put all of them in harm's way via information he gave to the Taliban.

The White House literally couldn't have picked a worse "POW" to give up for Taliban leaders if they had tried.  Is the WH this incompetent?  The story tomorrow is going to be many Americans wondering why his dad spoke in Arabic next to Obama, why the mom and dad have yet to speak to their cowardly son, and why Bergdahl shouldn't immediately be arrested by MPs as a deserter at best, and a traitor at worse. 

This is such a bizarre move by Obama that I'm struggling to see what the point is.  Honoring a deserter isn't exactly the best way to put the VA deaths behind in the news cycle.  Is Obama literally insane at this point?   

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-soldier-freed-from-captivity-in-afghanistan/2014/05/31/9a890862-e92f-11e3-a70e-ea1863229397_story.html

Hagel was met with silence when he told troops in a Bagram hangar: “This is a happy day. We got one of our own back.” It was unclear whether the absence of cheers and applause came from a reluctance to display emotion in front of the Pentagon chief or from any doubts among the troops about Bergdahl.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:43:02 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:10:30 am »
Every troop in Afghanistan knows Bergdahl is a deserter who likely put all of them in harm's way via information he gave to the Taliban.

The White House literally couldn't have picked a worse "POW" to give up for Taliban leaders if they had tried.  Is the WH this incompetent?  The story tomorrow is going to be many Americans wondering why his dad spoke in Arabic next to Obama, why the mom and dad have yet to speak to their cowardly son, and why Bergdahl shouldn't immediately be arrested by MPs as a deserter at best, and a traitor at worse. 

This is such a bizarre move by Obama that I'm struggling to see what the point is.  Honoring a deserter isn't exactly the best way to put the VA deaths behind in the news cycle.  Is Obama literally insane at this point?   

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-soldier-freed-from-captivity-in-afghanistan/2014/05/31/9a890862-e92f-11e3-a70e-ea1863229397_story.html

Bizarre, yes. Insane, I think not. 

The ominous thing of late, is they don’t have a problem revealing themselves. The pangs are more frequent and intense.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 01:20:31 am »

Bizarre, yes. Insane, I think not. 

The ominous thing of late, is they don’t have a problem revealing themselves. The pangs are more frequent and intense.

That's a sobering, yet legitimate and realistic, thought.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:37 am »

Not insane, no.  Stupid beyond belief.  Desperate for some major "win" so Obama can spike the ball and look good on foreign policy.  Desperate to take Benghazi off the front page.  Desperate to take the VA scandal off the front page.  Desperate to take Ukraine and Vlad Putin off the front page.  Desperate to take the 4 year old Syrian civil war off the front page.  Desperate for John Fing Kerry to have something to not look ridiculous about.

Insane?  No.  This is what happens when rank amateurs have the keys to the Kingdom.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:50:31 am »
Not insane, no.  Stupid beyond belief.  Desperate for some major "win" so Obama can spike the ball and look good on foreign policy.  Desperate to take Benghazi off the front page.  Desperate to take the VA scandal off the front page.  Desperate to take Ukraine and Vlad Putin off the front page.  Desperate to take the 4 year old Syrian civil war off the front page.  Desperate for John Fing Kerry to have something to not look ridiculous about.

Insane?  No.  This is what happens when rank amateurs have the keys to the Kingdom.

I was told there was no difference between "Mittens" Romney and Barry Soe-zero.  I was banned from other sites for having this opinion, and have taken heat here for it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 01:54:58 am »
I was told there was no difference between "Mittens" Romney and Barry Soe-zero.  I was banned from other sites for having this opinion, and have taken heat here for it.

You can thank all those Repubs who sat on their hands and stayed home that election day...for that act of selfishness we go Obama!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 12:29:49 pm »
New Facebook page: Bowe Bergdahl is a traitor. Lots of military folks have joined.  Here's a post (eyewitness testimony?):
"We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”.

Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them.

We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl.

Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit.

There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him.

He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."

My take is he deserted his post in combat. Court Martial and Leavenworth. And since when do we negotiate with terrorists?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »
International Business Times:  Bergdahl no hero to fellow soldiers

Bowe Bergdahl No Hero To Fellow Soldiers

By Marcy Kreiter
 on June 02 2014 12:07 AM

Fellow Soldiers Say Bergdahl No Hero

Not everyone is elated over the release of POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in a prisoner swap deal with the Taliban: Some veterans and soldiers are calling him a deserter.

Former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon, told CNN Bergdahl should face military trial for desertion.

Bergdahl disappeared from his platoon in Afghanistan June 30, 2009, and had been in Taliban custody for five years before his release Saturday. He has been taken to a U.S. military base in Germany for treatment.

"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," Vierkant said. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

CNN said at least six soldiers died searching for Bergdahl in Paktika province.

"He walked off," former Pfc. Jose Baggett, 27, of Chicago told CNN. "He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he's a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don't know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources and some of those resources were soldiers' lives."

Some fellow soldiers have taken to social media to express their anger at Bergdahl on such pages as "Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a hero." Comments, however, have been so vicious, a moderator posted:

"I challenge any one of you who label him a traitor to spend 5 years in captivity with the Taliban or Haqqani, then come back and accuse him again. Whatever his intent when he walked away or was captured, he has more than paid for it."

Rolling Stone reported in 2012 Bergdahl had become disillusioned with the U.S. war effort and told his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/why-were-pows-fellow-soldiers-forced-to-sign-nondisclosure-agreements-not-to-talk-about-his-disappearance-what-is-really-going-on

Bergdahl: 'I am ashamed to be an American'...
'The title of US soldier is just the lie of fools'
'The horror that is America is disgusting'...
Resentment lingers among POW's peers...
CHARGE: Soldiers died searching for 'deserter'...
RICE: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'...

Five of Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive...
Terror suspects were labeled 'high risk'...
Deal Could Be First Step to Emptying Gitmo...
Sets off debate...
Some Lawmakers See Danger in Deal...
TRUMP: Artless...
Taliban Hails 'Great Victory'...
Soldier allegedly abandoned his post after growing disillusioned with war...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8o_vLombU

(CNN) – The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him — veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose “selfish act” ended up costing the lives of better men.

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” said former Sergeant Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

Vierkant said Bergdahl needs to not only acknowledge his actions publicly but face a military trial for desertion under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted — and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn’t answer directly. “Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family,” he said. “Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later.”
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

The media feigns stupidity so well they must have taken lessons from the government...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan