« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:26:51 PM »
thats what the british press is saying **nononono*
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
thats what the british press is saying **nononono*

No.  The British Press is reporting what a guy who was in Bowie's unit is saying.  I read his original set of tweets, and there were a bunch of 'em, and you cannot make details like this guy is providing up. 

We lost six people to swap a deserter to the Taliban, for five Taliban commandos out of Guantanamo.  This was authorized directly by the White House, Obama himself.  Nobody else could have conceived of this other than one of the three or four people who actually run Obama.  It is difficult to believe that this actually took place, but indeed, this is exactly what Obama himself just did.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »
No.  The British Press is reporting what a guy who was in Bowie's unit is saying.  I read his original set of tweets, and there were a bunch of 'em, and you cannot make details like this guy is providing up. 

We lost six people to swap a deserter to the Taliban, for five Taliban commandos out of Guantanamo.  This was authorized directly by the White House, Obama himself.  Nobody else could have conceived of this other than one of the three or four people who actually run Obama.  It is difficult to believe that this actually took place, but indeed, this is exactly what Obama himself just did.

Yep....very sad indeed..

Support the USO

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:25 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:28:36 AM »
Wow.  I don't know if the story is true or not, but if so it is a sad testament as to the nature of war and honor.  There does seem to be something fishy here, what with the father's bizarre tweets and all.  Maybe the kid was suffering from PTSD?  Maybe it was an attempt to infiltrate the enemy?  There are a lot of unanswered questions, not the least of which is this:

What made Bergdahl's life worth more than the hundreds or thousands of Americans who will likely die in future terrorist attacks orchestrated by these five released prisoners?

I fear the answer is as simple as OPapaDoc needs better popularity numbers going into the 2014 midterms.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »
I have repeatedly said I am not going to judge him on his taking a walk until I hear his own words and see his face as he speaks. You get out there, you go a little crazy sometimes.

I will comment on one thing - he left all his sensitive gear behind when he went walkabout. He couldn't bring himself to hurt his mates by taking it with him, even though the Tali's would love to get their hands on that sort of kit. That takes a deliberate and conscious decision, since gearing up is pretty much automatic, as anyone here can confirm.

I agree that the timing of this gives the Worm some desperately needed good optics and the swap was done to maximize those optics.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »
Wow.  I don't know if the story is true or not, but if so it is a sad testament as to the nature of war and honor.  There does seem to be something fishy here, what with the father's bizarre tweets and all.  Maybe the kid was suffering from PTSD?  Maybe it was an attempt to infiltrate the enemy?  There are a lot of unanswered questions, not the least of which is this:

What made Bergdahl's life worth more than the hundreds or thousands of Americans who will likely die in future terrorist attacks orchestrated by these five released prisoners?

I fear the answer is as simple as OPapaDoc needs better popularity numbers going into the 2014 midterms.

I keep wondering why a kid raised by anti-war activists would join the military, and then hate it so bad that he walks away - into the arms of the Taliban.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf