Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl's Parents: 'Freedom Is Yours'  (Read 891 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bowe Bergdahl's Parents: 'Freedom Is Yours'
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:41:18 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bowe-bergdahls-parents-freedom-yours-n119771

Bowe Bergdahl's Parents: 'Freedom Is Yours'
BY HASANI GITTENS
The parents of American prisoner of war Bowe Bergdahl told their newly-released son Sunday that they love him — and they told everyone else that he will need time to readjust.

"I love you Bowe, I'm so very proud of you, and of course all of your very large family would like me to tell you that they love you also," said his mother Jani, getting choked up by tears. "We've been working very, very hard for your release these last five years.

"Freedom is yours, I will see you soon my beloved son, I love you Bowe."

An Army sergeant, Bowe Bergdahl had been held by the Afghan Taliban for nearly five years before his release this weekend. Bergdahl, 28, was handed over at about 6 p.m. local time on Saturday, and on Sunday morning arrived at a U.S. military hospital in Germany.

Bergdahl's father thanked friends, family, the government and the "biker dudes and dudettes" that have been supporting them through the years, but also cautioned that Bowe would need time to adjust to his new life of freedom.

"We’re talking like this because we haven’t talked to Bowe yet — we haven’t called him on the phone, although we all know we have the capability to do that," said Bob Bergdahl. "That’s because that Bowe has been gone so long that it’s going to be very difficult to go back. It’s like a diver going deep on a dive and has to stage going back up because of compression ... If he comes back up too fast it could kill him."

He said the "reintegration" of Bowe into normal society would be a"long process."

"Some day there will be a time for interviews, and books and whatever — I have a lot to say about this, I know Bowe is going to have a lot to say about this. But that’s still a distant future thing, and I won't let things get in the way of Bowe’s recovery."

First published June 1st 2014, 2:47 pm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SlapLeather

Re: Bowe Bergdahl's Parents: 'Freedom Is Yours'
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:48:46 pm »
This is NOT how I saw it end.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:52:37 pm »
Did anyone else here, see this live?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:54:57 pm »
Did anyone else here, see this live?
I put this in your other thread:
I didn't see it.  Not at all surprised if they edit away what you saw, most of the news shows today cut out the father's allah crap from his press conf last evening.

It is looking like this has been a flim-flam of epic proportions, even for this evil regime.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »
Sorry Myst... I posted in "Welcome" ... please move or delete.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »
Allen West's site has a deleted tweet from Bergdahl's father.

Haven't followed this closely, but isn't Bergdahl a deserter?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:08:16 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 09:13:15 pm »
As supporters of the First Black President .. The MSM and Congress, as they have from the beginning, will do nothing!

Has ANYONE looked into the background of the released terrorists?

How many of our men are they responsible for killing?

They were in Gitmo for a reason! :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »
Rotten to the Common Core...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 10:54:21 pm »
This feels like I am watching an episode of Homeland.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:36 pm »

Wow. Yes, I do believe he was a deserter or, at best, a guy with some mental issues who wandered away from base.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 11:06:34 pm »

Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 11:15:07 pm »
I put this in your other thread:
I didn't see it.  Not at all surprised if they edit away what you saw, most of the news shows today cut out the father's allah crap from his press conf last evening.

It is looking like this has been a flim-flam of epic proportions, even for this evil regime.

I quite agree.  It is difficult to get your head around all of the implications of this.  This is a FUBAR of an incredible magnitude, and it is difficult to believe that even Obama would try and pull off something this blatant, but here we are.

Josh Earnest, the new Press Secretary is in for a major trial by fire at the White House press briefing tomorrow.  There simply is no possible way that the White House could have been unaware of the complete circumstances surrounding Bowie's "capture".  None of this has been secret for five years, and there has been absolutely no public outcry about liberating him, other than from his immediate family.  The only think I can compare this too is the three or four American soldiers who defected to North Korea.  Several of them lived out their lives in the North, and the US Government would not have considered any kind of swap to liberate any of them.

I am stunned at what had to have been going on for quite some time, and that nobody thought of the incredible repercussions of a brainless move like this one.  State, Defense, DOJ, and every single Service Chief had to have been raising hell about this.  This is exactly the kind of boneheaded stunt that our Government is supposed to avoid!  You have to go back to World War I and the British gadfly "politicians" in the Middle East to find incompetence and complete ignorance of consequence this spectacular.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 11:55:18 pm »
I quite agree.  It is difficult to get your head around all of the implications of this.  This is a FUBAR of an incredible magnitude, and it is difficult to believe that even Obama would try and pull off something this blatant, but here we are.

Josh Earnest, the new Press Secretary is in for a major trial by fire at the White House press briefing tomorrow.  There simply is no possible way that the White House could have been unaware of the complete circumstances surrounding Bowie's "capture".  None of this has been secret for five years, and there has been absolutely no public outcry about liberating him, other than from his immediate family.  The only think I can compare this too is the three or four American soldiers who defected to North Korea.  Several of them lived out their lives in the North, and the US Government would not have considered any kind of swap to liberate any of them.

I am stunned at what had to have been going on for quite some time, and that nobody thought of the incredible repercussions of a brainless move like this one.  State, Defense, DOJ, and every single Service Chief had to have been raising hell about this.  This is exactly the kind of boneheaded stunt that our Government is supposed to avoid!  You have to go back to World War I and the British gadfly "politicians" in the Middle East to find incompetence and complete ignorance of consequence this spectacular.

Agree totally.  I guess we will see early on how accomplished of a LIAR this Earnest is....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:07:14 am »
If the VA scandal isn't enough to turn the snooze media on Obammy, I certainly hope this massive screwup does the trick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 12:11:47 am »
If the VA scandal isn't enough to turn the snooze media on Obammy, I certainly hope this massive screwup does the trick.

It is, but not in the way they intended.  This "hero rescue" was the victory at any cost Obammy needed to divert attention away from the VA, but in a good way.  The only way that works is if you have never heard of Bowie in the last five years and listen only to the agitprop spewed out by this Administration.

:smokin:

Offline mrclose

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:19 pm »

Why does everyone continue to say Obama's screwups?

Everything the guy does is intentional!
~ Self

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 06:36:45 pm »
Why does everyone continue to say Obama's screwups?

Everything the guy does is intentional!

I agree this was intentional, but that does not make it any less of a major FUBAR.  Logic is often a good way of going wrong with certainty...

:smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »
"Some day there will be a time for interviews, and books and whatever — I have a lot to say about this, I know Bowe is going to have a lot to say about this. But that’s still a distant future thing, and I won't let things get in the way of Bowe’s recovery."

Listen here, Taliban buttboy:

Nobody's interested in your book or your deserter son's book, or what you have to say.  By the time your rotten spawn gets around to speaking, a good part of America is going to hate his guts for his responsibility in the deaths of six brave men, much braver than he.

You should shut your bearded pie hole, pal.  Some vet might come along and and shut it for you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »
Listen here, Taliban buttboy:

Nobody's interested in your book or your deserter son's book, or what you have to say.  By the time your rotten spawn gets around to speaking, a good part of America is going to hate his guts for his responsibility in the deaths of six brave men, much braver than he.

You should shut your bearded pie hole, pal.  Some vet might come along and and shut it for you.

:patriot: :amen:
~ Self