Author Topic: Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'  (Read 788 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:12:11 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27655312

1 June 2014 Last updated at 12:37 ET

Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'

Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has issued a rare public statement hailing the exchange of five Guantanamo Bay detainees for a Taliban-held US soldier as a "big victory".

Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, 28, was handed to US forces in Afghanistan on Saturday.

US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel has defended the exchange amid criticism Congress was not given 30 days' notice before the detainees were released.

He said the US had to act quickly to save the soldier's life.

Sgt Bergdahl, who is said to be in good condition and has been flown to Germany for more treatment, was the only US soldier being held by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

"I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the entire Afghan Muslim nation," said Mullah Omar, who has made no public appearances or speeches since fleeing Afghanistan in 2001 when US-led forces toppled the Taliban after the 9/11 attacks in the US.
line
David Loyn, BBC News, Kabul

Pictures of Taliban militants embracing their comrades released from Guantanamo, and comments by Mullah Omar calling this a "great victory", seemed designed to enrage Republican opponents of President Barack Obama who saw the deal as soft on terrorism.

The US Defence Secretary dismissed the criticism, saying this was an exchange of prisoners of war. He said that he hoped the deal would open the way to a wider peace process.

But sources close to the Taliban say that the deal took so long to negotiate because of a US desire to widen the scope of the talks. They say that this precise deal was on the table three years ago, but the negotiations failed because the US wanted to extend the talks into areas beyond a prisoner swap.

The Afghan government want talks on their terms to be held in Afghanistan. But any progress will have to wait the outcome of the Afghan election, now expected in August.

Will soldier deal embolden US enemies?
line

Chuck Hagel: "No shots were fired - it went as well as it could have"

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »
I am so upset about this.  **nononono* 

At the end of brief event, the soldier’s father, Bob Bergdahl, recited the most frequent phrase in the Koran — “Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim” —which means “In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate.”

After Bergdahl finished his statement and his praise for Allah, Obama hugged him.

http://www.freerepublic.com/%5Ehttp://dailycaller.com/2014/06/01/obama-submits-to-taliban-demands-allows-praise-for-allah/#ixzz33P9qLtj7?print=1?print=1?print=1

Offline katzenjammer

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:40:36 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:28:31 pm »
Yet another vile and disgusting chapter in this regime's history.
very true...still 2 years to go.  **nononono*

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »
Yet another vile and disgusting chapter in this regime's history.

Another day, another act of lawlessness and treason. It is getting to be routine. Who knows what this guy is going to do in his last months in office, when he has nothing to lose, and nothing to fear?

He has already proven that he has no respect at all for 'Law' or Congress or the Constitution, so literally anything could happen. And I mean "anything".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:51:11 pm »

. And I mean "anything".
It is going to be a rough 2 years.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
It is going to be a rough 2 years.

Yeah. I do not expect that Obama and his gang of thugs will go quietly into that good night. I am expecting things to happen which have never been seen before in America, at least not for hundreds of years.

I am not a 'doom and gloom' Infowars guys, but I have to admit, more and more, I find myself heading that direction.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 08:32:24 pm »

Another day, another act of lawlessness and treason. It is getting to be routine. Who knows what this guy is going to do in his last months in office, when he has nothing to lose, and nothing to fear?

He has already proven that he has no respect at all for 'Law' or Congress or the Constitution, so literally anything could happen. And I mean "anything".

Yup, it is almost at the point of anything goes, and the vast majority of the country has no clue as to what is happening. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 09:59:30 pm »
How must the families of all the soldiers, internationally, who died capturing these guys must feel today. All the families of all the soldiers who died in Iraq (which is now controlled by Al Queada and Iran), how do they feel?

How much longer will it be befoe all the soldiers simply quit, and say to themselves this is all for nothing?

Every victory Allied Forces achieve, Obama finds a way to return it to the Muslims. Obama seems embarrassed whenever Americans actually win, or do something. What is the point of anything if we have a Commander in Chief who seems to care more about the 'sensitivities' of Muslims than he does about Americans?

Which Muslim or Western country in their right mind would ally themselves with us at this point? America has become a land of insanity, which seems to support Iran, Al Queda, the Taliban, and the Muslim Brotherhood, over the will of most Western countries, and against the will of the vast majority of Muslim people.

What is going on!?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:09:01 pm »
How must the families of all the soldiers, internationally, who died capturing these guys must feel today. All the families of all the soldiers who died in Iraq (which is now controlled by Al Queada and Iran), how do they feel?

How much longer will it be befoe all the soldiers simply quit, and say to themselves this is all for nothing?

Every victory Allied Forces achieve, Obama finds a way to return it to the Muslims. Obama seems embarrassed whenever Americans actually win, or do something. What is the point of anything if we have a Commander in Chief who seems to care more about the 'sensitivities' of Muslims than he does about Americans?

Which Muslim or Western country in their right mind would ally themselves with us at this point? America has become a land of insanity, which seems to support Iran, Al Queda, the Taliban, and the Muslim Brotherhood, over the will of most Western countries, and against the will of the vast majority of Muslim people.

What is going on!?

Anthony is wishing everybody to the cornfield and there is no coordinated effort to stop him.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:21 pm »
Yup, it is almost at the point of anything goes, and the vast majority of the country has no clue as to what is happening.

And therein lies the problem.  The Obamunists are counting on that very ignorance among the Kim and Kanye crowd, whom they are counting on to buy this line of bullshit about Bowie, and repeat it to their friends.  Anyone who disagrees with Obama and anything he says is a rascist anyway, so what does it all matter anyway??

This was a major FUBAR, and there are going to be major consequences because of it.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 12:03:23 am »
And therein lies the problem.  The Obamunists are counting on that very ignorance among the Kim and Kanye crowd, whom they are counting on to buy this line of bullshit about Bowie, and repeat it to their friends.  Anyone who disagrees with Obama and anything he says is a rascist anyway, so what does it all matter anyway??

This was a major FUBAR, and there are going to be major consequences because of it.

I can tell you (after suffering through a few hours of MSM propaganda this morning) that the "message" is this:

- 0bama was clever and found a way to bring home a 'hero'
- US didn't 'negotiate' with terrorists, Qatar took care of everything
- those 5 Talis will be no problem because Qatar is going to be 'handling' them
- no problem letting people out of Gitmo, we need to let them all out and close it, it is a 'national security' risk to have open
- that 'hero' was on a death's door, the admin *had* to act quickly and there was no time for a 30 day notice to congress
- his wonderful family in Idaho is just thrilled to have him back, and so thankful for the gubmint's actions

That's basically it, from the MSM perspective.....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:06:37 am »
I can tell you (after suffering through a few hours of MSM propaganda this morning) that the "message" is this:

- 0bama was clever and found a way to bring home a 'hero'
- US didn't 'negotiate' with terrorists, Qatar took care of everything
- those 5 Talis will be no problem because Qatar is going to be 'handling' them
- no problem letting people out of Gitmo, we need to let them all out and close it, it is a 'national security' risk to have open
- that 'hero' was on a death's door, the admin *had* to act quickly and there was no time for a 30 day notice to congress
- his wonderful family in Idaho is just thrilled to have him back, and so thankful for the gubmint's actions

That's basically it, from the MSM perspective.....

That is not going to sell in flyover country, and I do recognize that anyone who tries to question the party line is going to be accused of following Faux News, racism, hatred, bigotry and what have you.  I do not believe anyone who has served on the ground in Afghanistan is buying this hero business though.  Too many people know the real story on this one.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:06:54 am by Chieftain »