Author Topic: Hagel: Captive's Life Was in Danger  (Read 938 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Hagel: Captive's Life Was in Danger
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »

Support the USO

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Re: Hagel: Captive's Life Was in Danger
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »
He's been a captive of the Taliban since the Obama administration has ruled America and they just now found out his life was in danger?  The same Taliban that beheads people and just now his life is in danger?  Give me a break.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
He's been a captive of the Taliban since the Obama administration has ruled America and they just now found out his life was in danger?  The same Taliban that beheads people and just now his life is in danger?  Give me a break.

Exactly....I am not buying into this at all...Obama needed a *good news* story re the military and this is it...

btw..how about getting the release of Sgt Tahmooressi in Mexico....Mexico is an ally it should be easier...how about swapping him for 1000 illegals... :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:05:48 AM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »

Everyone needs to keep in mind that THIS particular soldier was not captured in battle but as a result of his own personal choice to walk out of the compound to which his unit was assigned. Remembering that will put all of this in a very new light!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »
"NO!   You said "grave" danger! 

I said,"danger" and you said, "grave danger" ...."Is there any other kind?"   

"I can have it read back to you Col Hagel"!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
Everyone needs to keep in mind that THIS particular soldier was not captured in battle but as a result of his own personal choice to walk out of the compound to which his unit was assigned. Remembering that will put all of this in a very new light!

So I'm not the only one thinks this does not pass the smell test??
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »
The defector's father tweeted YESTERDAY that he will continue to work to close Gitmo and free all the prisoners.  That all the killed Afghan children's deaths will be avenged.

The defector sent his uniform home to his parents and said he was ashamed to be an American and was thinking of defecting

Anyone surprised that O freed five Taliban Commanders in exchange for a fellow muslim.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »

So I'm not the only one thinks this does not pass the smell test??

Obviously NOT!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »

yep...which makes team Obama, Kerry & Hagel look even more ridiculous than usual.  The new White House Press Secretary will be getting his baptism by fire on Monday.....

We've let defectors to the Norks rot before, I see no reason why Abu Bowie ar-Ameriki should not be allowed to live with his decision as well.  The Taliban should have given him a chance at martydom....send him out in the field where the Apaches can hunt him down and give him a Hellfire suppository.....

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »

I am going to hold off judgement, brother. We've been there - a lot of us on this forum. Seen people make less than optimal choices and have their crisis of faith and judgement. I will wait for his own words. Figure I owe him that courtesy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
I am going to hold off judgement, brother. We've been there - a lot of us on this forum. Seen people make less than optimal choices and have their crisis of faith and judgement. I will wait for his own words. Figure I owe him that courtesy.

I'm making no judgments. Just reporting FACTS! And none of us have enough of those to make any judgments.  But what I'm seeing so far does not look good at all!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Hagel: Bergdahl's health was deteriorating
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »

Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
It sounds like he was messed up BEFORE he was kidnapped!  There is a possibility that this kid was trying to defect and presented himself as an opportunity to the enemy. 

The marine being abused in a Mexican jail is in danger too and was not disloyal to the military.  Where's the deal for him?  Are they even trying? 

Exactly....I am not buying into this at all...Obama needed a *good news* story re the military and this is it...

btw..how about getting the release of Sgt Tahmooressi in Mexico....Mexico is an ally it should be easier...how about swapping him for 1000 illegals... :shrug:

Sounds like a good deal to me!   :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Re: Hagel: Bergdahl's health was deteriorating
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »
Let me see.........his health was getting worse  YET now he is free and will be able to get onto the VA waiting list to be on the waiting list to die.

BS!!!!!  They needed a excuse to get 5 gitmo prisoners out.

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »

I wonder what would happen if I harass a spokesman from the Taliban?
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »
Hagel: Captive's Life Was in Danger  Ok, so these clowns decide to fix this defector's life being in danger, by putting every Amercan's life on the planet in danger. Good move, moron.

This is a major, major, victory for the Taliban. You can bet they are dancing in the streets all over the M.E.

And you can be sure, now, that they will certainly try to repeat this victory with someone else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »

I wonder what would happen if I harass a spokesman from the Taliban?

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
The Taliban should have given him a chance at martydom...

:smokin:
Wonder if he will try that here after he gets home? 

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
To Clear things up...

Mueller is a Republican

Get it!!!!

- Ronald Reagan

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
Wonder if he will try that here after he gets home?

That is my fear..
To Clear things up...

Mueller is a Republican

Get it!!!!

- Ronald Reagan

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
With his apparently 'fake' captivity, this guy did more to help the Taliban than Ben Laden himself could have ever done. He is a hero to our enemies.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »

Should I do it??

This story has some interesting layers to it, the more you look - the more you see.

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 11:31:26 AM »
Here is my tweet to the Taliban: @ABalkhi #muhammad was a child molester!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:32:22 AM by kevindavis »
To Clear things up...

Mueller is a Republican

Get it!!!!

- Ronald Reagan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
I will give this soldier the benefit of doubt, instead of condemn him based on what could be enemy propaganda.

He may be brainwashed. He may have acted under duress. He may not currently posses "capacity."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf