Author Topic: So this is how liberty dies  (Read 227 times)

rangerrebew

So this is how liberty dies
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:06:28 pm »
So this is how liberty dies

By: DrJohn   

Liberty dies

This is why I hate Obamacare. I knew this was coming.

This is why I railed against using the IRS to enforce Obamacare.

I knew insinuating the IRS into your health care was just the beginning.

I knew going to electronic health records was going to send this country down the rabbit hole.

And here it is.

The federal government is piecing together a sweeping national “biosurveillance” system that will give bureaucrats near real-time access to Americans’ private medical information in the name of national security, according to Twila Brase, a public health nurse and co-founder of the Citizens Council for Health Freedom.

Got that? Your hemorrhoids, your breast implants, your low testosterone, the number of abortions you’ve had, your STD’s- they’re all critical to national security.

But Brase warns that the NHSS proposal would allow the federal government to monitor an individual’s behavior before, during and after any government-defined health “incident” – which could be anything from a local outbreak of the flu to a terrorist anthrax attack.

“It’s very broad. It doesn’t seem to have any limits, except they say something about, you know, properly protecting the data. But from our perspective, if the government gets access to this kind of data, [and] is allowed to do research with the data…then our privacy has already been compromised. The government has already said that our data is their data for their purposes of national health security,” Brase told CNSNews.com.

“It’s very clear to us that really the government is moving toward real-time access, toward close collaboration of government and doctors for ready access to the electronic medical record and then to conduct research and analysis.”

In other words, piss someone off and they’re into your health records, whether it’s the IRS, Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid.

Brase noted that the information collected by the government will be “all-encompassing” and include “what our health status is, whether we exercise, how often we get a cold, or what kind of medications we’re taking. They’re also looking at the climate, and the economic condition of the country, as all being a party of this National Health Security Strategy.”

“In other words, anything and everything could become a health threat by the government’s standards,” she said.

Including angry remarks. And blog posts.

But Brase warns that the government’s biosurveillance plan is much more intrusive than the data collection currently being done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

“We’re of the mind that the Fourth Amendment actually means something, so you can’t access everybody’s patient’s medical record just because you say there is a security threat or just because you say it’s good for the American public,” she told CNSNews.com.

“But the fact of the matter is that [the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act] HIPPA already allows the federal government and the state government and the local government and anyone who is a public health agency to have access to our medical records – identifiable medical records – without our consent. It’s in the HIPPA Privacy Rule, which has the full force and effect of law. But that wasn’t actually put in by Congress. It was put in by the Department of Health and Human Services.”

They’re going to claim that only a few people can access the data:

One of the dangers, Brase pointed out, is that this vast amount of medical data warehoused in a giant electronic database will only be available to government-approved researchers.

You know, like Lois Lerner. Or Edward Snowden. And you know that if democrats want someone’s private medical records, they’re going to get them. all they have to do is ask the IRS.

According to “National Biosurveillance Science and Technology Roadmap” written last June, “effectively, appropriately, and securely sharing health event data, including parts of electronic patient records and laboratory data, has significant potential to improve national awareness of incidents that could progress to impact national security.”

Like Tea Party meetings. And the Republican National Convention. And registering Republican. And if the Obama regime gets really angry with you, they could add little tidbits to your records, such as mental illness. Or anger issues which dictate an electronic ankle bracelet. Or change your declared income to spur a visit from you know who.

obama 1984

Obama’s 2009 Stimulus began the totalitarianism:

“The Obama administration in the [American] Recovery and Reinvestment Act [of 2009] forces every doctor to have interoperable electronic medical records by January 1, 2015 or face penalties from Medicare, financial reductions in their payments. So that’s one thing that’s happening,”

Imagine having to have a station in every home. Each morning Obama would tell you what you may watch on TV. Michelle would then tell you what to eat and how much to exercise. If you disobey, the IRS pays you a visit.

At a commencement ceremony Valerie Jarrett made a joke:

JARRETT: But also remember that before I hire anybody, I always check out everything that they’ve been doing online, and believe me, we have ways of finding out everything you’ve been doing online.

Obama also joked about using the IRS on his enemies.

What could go wrong?

It’s not as though democrats abused the IRS, is it? It’s not as though Republican donors were targeted, right? It’s not as though the IRS simply handed over confidential information, right? It’s not as though Obamacare demands that all your private information be handed over to the IRS, right?

None of it is very funny any more. And the take home message?

“I think people are worried about things like HIV or something stigmatizing or embarrassing. But they should be very concerned about the fact that this is really a sweeping strategy to oversee your entire life with the intention of keeping you, and making you keep yourself, healthy,” she continued.

“And that is a government that is too big. That is a government that says you have no freedom, because if you are not free from surveillance, you are not free.”

Obama is watching you. 100% of the time. They will control the horizontal. They will control the vertical. Government will make all your decisions. You will be freed from the burden of choice. All in the interest of national security.

Problem is, if you have no choices, you have no freedom.

http://floppingaces.net/2014/05/22/you-are-now-free-to-do-as-obama-wishes/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:07:29 pm by rangerrebew »