Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Sudanese woman facing 'barbaric' death sentence for marrying a Christian will be FREED after U-turn from authorities  (Read 879 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644796/Sudanese-woman-facing-barbaric-death-sentence-marrying-Christian-FREED-U-turn-authorities.html

BREAKING NEWS: Sudanese woman facing 'barbaric' death sentence for marrying a Christian will be FREED after U-turn from authorities
Meriam Ibrahim, 27, was jailed in September following her marriage
She gave birth in jail earlier this week to a daughter, Maya
International outrage had been mounting at her treatment
Today foreign ministry officials announced she would be released
Sudanese foreign ministry claims it is committed to religious freedom

PUBLISHED: 12:03 EST, 31 May 2014 | UPDATED: 12:28 EST, 31 May 2014

A Sudanese woman facing down a death sentence for marrying a Christian will be freed, it has been reported.
Meriam Ibrahim, who gave birth in prison this week, was sentenced to death for abandoning Islam, but is now set to be released in a matter of days.

The news comes after huge international pressure was piled on the Sudanese authorities, with David Cameron, Hillary Clinton and the Archbishop of Canterbury all calling for the sentence to be dropped.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good. Get her, her husband and her kids out of there.

Now what is the quid pro quo? In Africa, you almost never get something for nothing, and human rights for the peasants are an alien concept to the rulers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:45:18 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Good. Get her, her husband and her kids out of there.

Now what is the quid pro quo? In Africa, you almost never get something for nothing, and human rights for the peasants are an alien concept to the rulers.

My thoughts exactly.

They need to get out, and get out now.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll believe it when I see the YouTube video of her in the USA...holding her little girl.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, considering the leanings of the current administration, this womand and her child would have no basis to apply to the USA for refugee status -- because she is a -Christain- ...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Most likely this is simply a ploy.  She will be released in a very public manner, without any security, and at a well-publicized place and time.  She will therefore most likely be set upon by an inflamed mob and stoned to death within a matter of minutes, all while Sudanese officials stand by and do nothing, later blaming it on the mob and saying there was nothing they could do against such overwhelming mob violence.

So she will be killed, and the mob's blood thirst slaked, but with the Sudanese government being able to claim that it is innocent of her blood.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree it is a ploy, but with those guys everything is about money. They claim Islam this, and Islam that, but you wave a few dollars at them and they will french kiss a pig while eating a bacon and cheese sandwich.

They are going to ask Obama for a million billion dollars, get something, and then let her go. Then Obama can finally claim that he helped a Christian for once.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline SlapLeather

On second thought...  Surely she's worth a prisoner swap or six...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/world/africa/sudan-apostasy-husband/   .... Only a court can release Sudanese Christian woman on death row ....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I just heard on Glenn Beck's radio show that this woman's husband says he's not heard anything from the State regarding his wife's release.  That she isn't scheduled to be released.  He is hoping their appeal with go through and she'll be released - but according to what I heard - as of right now, it doesn't look like she'll be released and unless she wins her appeal, is scheduled to be executed.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!