Author Topic: Michelle declares war on the white potato in op-ed against GOP efforts to sink her healthy eating drive  (Read 477 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643159/Michelle-Obama-insists-GOP-add-white-potatoes-poverty-food-benefits-kids-fat.html

I post this article because of the comment section. Way different than the comment section at the NYT's

gator, Stafford, United States, 21 hours ago

If the United States wasn't such a mean and hateful country we would do what this hypocrite dictates. The peons need to know when to bow to their masters and not ask questions.
Click to rate

Pamela, Alexandria, 21 hours ago

Dear God WHEN will this woman SHUT UP already?
Click to rate

aandm12, Laguna Hills, 21 hours ago

Get outta my life! Get outta my kid's life!!!
Click to rate

Ducksoup, San Jose, 22 hours ago

My kids used to get hot lunch a couple times per week, but since these regs went into effect they beg me to, and I quote; "not to subject them to school lunch". So i make them a lunch each day. Thanks Michelle, you've done for school lunches what your husband has done for country - wrecked it.
Click to rate

dartleyk, austerlitz, United States, 22 hours ago

typical of both obama's to think they are experts in fields where they not only have no expertise but not even any experience; wouldn't it be reasonable for someone instituting a nation-wide food program for kids to have an advanced degree in nutrition, experience running a food service company, experience in feeding thousands of people, for instance, in charge of food procurement and prep for at least a division of the army; she has zero experience, zero qualifications
Click to rate

Commentator, New York, United States, 22 hours ago

Kids need a filling meal at lunch while in school. I remember being in school and I'd always have to purchase an extra portion or buy a desert to get filled up because the main course was so very tiny. I played sports and had practice after school so I needed the calories or else I would be starving and unable to run around for two hours at practice or while at the game.
Click to rate

Jeff Tucker, Armpit Of California, United States, 22 hours ago

Get lost already!
Click to rate

MartinD32, BluegrassCity, United States, 1 day ago

First of all, kids should not just be eating at lunch time, there should be a snack mid morning and one in the afternoon to stave off hunger. That way, at lunch time they aren't so hungry they want to eat a horse. I remember the agony of having to wait until lunch to eat when I was in high school. So, it should be okay for kids to bring fruit, nuts or a protein bar or something to eat at 10:00 a.m. and something for around 1:30-2:00.
Click to rate

Desmond, South West, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

The wrong advice given by the wrong person.
Click to rate

Jean, USA, 1 day ago

Obama said on Tuesday that Congress shouldn't even have the authority to decide what foods schools are serving. That is the Obama reasoning....elected officials shouldn't have the authority to decide but an unelected, know-it-all first lady should have the authority.
Click to rate

Red Jordana, West Hartford, United States, 20 hours ago

I want to see her and her kids eat at one of the schools that kids and parents complain of and then she is entitled to an opinion. there is nothing wrong with white potatoes or anything esle as long as it is eaten in moderation. I've taken to putting her picture on my fridge. It gives me pause before I open the door. I can't stand her.

Offline flowers

notbuyingit, california, 1 day ago

I am so sick of this women dictating what we can and can not eat when she is stuffing her face with the best of the best loads of fat costing us millions a year to feed her and her family.. We have got to say enough to this evil hag.. I don't care what color her skin it's her commie red soul that bothers me.
Click to rate

EbonyElle, Los Angeles, United States, 1 day ago

I think you should grab a dictionary and look up the word DICTATE or DICTATOR.. if she had to go to Congress or any other legislative body to APPEAL to get anything done, she is disqualified from being a "dictator" or "dictating" what 'WE can and cannot eat." She is not an "evil hag" you are a simple idiot who needs to learn the meaning of words. You DO care about the color of her skin, which is why you felt the need to mention it when it wasn't relevant or should not have been.
Click to rate

Ferrylas, Boca, United States, 1 day ago

Enter your comment It is not the GOP sinking her ... It's the kids throwing the meals into the garbage that are sinking her. And the taxpayer funded councils who are wasting money on school meals that go to waste
Click to rate

nunya, deep south, United States, 1 day ago

I had no idea a law degree made you an expert on nutrition. I majored in history, perhaps I should open a dental practice.
Click to rate

Desmond, South West, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

The wrong advice given by the wrong person.
Click to rate

lineman87, baltimore, United States, 1 day ago

Can't wait till she gone
Click to rate

Karla Lopez, Dallas, 1 day ago

Is not the GOP. It's a stranger deciding what my kids should or not eat. I Rise them to be free thinkers with consequences to their choices. Funny neither of my kids are overweight! They eat as much or as little as they want. I love broccoli but just because I love it doesn't mean they have to eat it. I'm their mom. I make sure to add healthy stuff in their diets at home. A piece of pizza at school won't kill them. There are more important problems to worry about it.
Click to rate

THED, New York, United States, 1 day ago

Listening to this pretentious woman blather on and on about food is exhausting!
Click to rate

Estaden, Manitoba, Canada, 1 day ago

It is difficult when the country has an obesity problem of youngsters. But it is because they are sitting around with iPods cellphones and gadgets. Get them moving during lunchtime and they will be able to eat more of what they like. With youth it is inactivity and not metabolism that is the problem.
Click to rate

Veronica, Somewhere, United States, 1 day ago

Totally agree. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. I ate the regular school lunches BUT I was active. Went to gym class, played outside, and did sports/dance. Kids are overweight because they're lazy and spoiled these days.
Click to rate

Marianne Lee, Colorado Springs CO, 1 day ago

What do her girls eat ?
Click to rate

Goal Line Stand, Mercerville, United States, 1 day ago

Some people in this world are educated beyond their actual intelligence level.
Click to rate

Max, CT, 1 day ago

Unfortunately not you.

Offline flowers

My fav..............
Listening to this pretentious woman blather on and on about food is exhausting!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She of the 64 inch derriere 'speaks'! All hail, all hail...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

"declares war on the white potato"

racist

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Physician, heal thyself

There is dem White taters all over the place...

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Why not the red potato?  What about the yellow potato?  The brown potato?  I'll bet she is upset she has to live in the White House.  Why did she have to turn such a simple thing into a racist tirade? :im waiting: