Author Topic: First on CNN: GOP chairman of Select Benghazi Committee reacts to Hillary Clinton book chapter  (Read 630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/30/first-on-cnn-gop-chairman-of-select-benghazi-committee-reacts-to-hillary-clinton-book-chapter/

May 30th, 2014
11:54 AM ET
22 hours ago
First on CNN: GOP chairman of Select Benghazi Committee reacts to Hillary Clinton book chapter
Deirdre Walsh
Posted by
CNN Senior Congressional Producer Deirdre Walsh   

Washington (CNN) – The chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi waved off questions Friday about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's criticism of GOP congressional investigations of the 2012 attacks in her forthcoming book “Hard Choices.”

"There is a time and a place for everything and her book tour is neither for me," Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina told CNN about the chapter of the book that covers the attack in Benghazi, which left the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans dead.

Follow @politicaltickerFollow @deirdrewalshcnn

Politico, which obtained the chapter on Benghazi, reported on it Friday morning, ahead of next month's publication of the memoir.

In the section of the book Clinton writes, "I will not be a part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans. It’s just plain wrong, and it’s unworthy of our great country. Those who insist on politicizing the tragedy will have to do so without me.”

Asked about Clinton’s comments suggesting she may not appear before the select panel even before it begins its work, Gowdy said, "the select committee is going to talk to all witnesses who have relevant information."

Pressed if that included Clinton since she led the State Department at the time, Gowdy simply repeated his answer.

Previously Gowdy has said he intends to call Clinton but at this point there is no private or public meeting scheduled.

Gowdy told CNN he's hard at work setting up the select committee and is looking for lawyers and investigators to fill 25 slots on the panel.

"It's a brand new committee that is going from infancy to adulthood in a short amount of time. All of my energy now is trying to get staff done," Gowdy added.

The House approved a measure on Friday morning that allows Gowdy to authorize travel for staff and members of the select committee, a power other House committee chairs already have. It's unclear whether there are any plans for a trip to Libya.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34