Author Topic: Philip Kiko, Lobbyist for Muslim Advocates, Am-Arab Anti-Discrimination Appointed to Benghazi Select Committee  (Read 291 times)

rangerrebew

Philip Kiko, Lobbyist for Muslim Advocates, Am-Arab Anti-Discrimination Appointed to Benghazi Select Committee

by Maggie • May 29, 2014 • 6 Comments

If Philip Kiko is the “Majority Staff Director” for the House Select Committee on Benghazi, I’m expecting the “Minority Staff Director” to be, maybe, CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad, or Dalia Mogahed. It’s not a stretch. I admit I don’t know much about the way a House Select Committee is formed. I haven’t found anything explaining why an outside “majority staff director” is needed, but assuming one is needed, why has Rep. Trey Gowdy chosen lobbyist, Philip Kiko, who has worked on behalf of the most liberal of all organizations (see that partial list below).

According to a link at Shoebat.com, among Kiko’s clients in his position as vice-president of Smith-Free Group, are:

• American-Arab Anti-Discrimination
• American Association for Affirmative Action
• American Federation of Teachers (AFL-CIO)
• Amnesty International
• Equal Justice Society
• Global Rights
• Immigration Equality
• Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
• Muslim Advocates
• National Black Justice Coalition
• National Center for Lesbian Rights
• National Center for Transgender Equality
• National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
• National Committee on Pay Equity
• National Council of La Raza
• National Immigration Forum
• National Immigration Law Center
• National Organization for Women
• Open Society Policy Center
• Sierra Club
• Southern Poverty Law
• and most of the member churches of the liberal National Council of Churches

Congressman Gowdy’s statement about Philip Kiko:

He has a proven record of effective leadership and management, and I am pleased to have him on our team as we conduct a serious, fact-driven investigation to ensure our fellow Americans know the full truth about what happened in Benghazi,” Gowdy said in a statement. Source: Politico

Speaker John Boehner, dragged kicking and screaming into this investigation, “praised” Kiko, who has a history of working for Republicans on the Hill. Boehner said Kiko is a “man of unquestioned integrity.” So there’s the story: Boehner picked him (is my guess). There is still reason, in my opinion, to believe that Boehner knew of, and approved Ambassador Chris Stevens’ mission — running weapons from Libya to the Syrian rebels, reason enough that Boehner, and perhaps the entire House leadership, did not want this investigation.

Just after reading of Kiko’s appointment, hubby walked into my office and said he heard today that “pessimists” are plagued with dementia far more than optimists, so I’ve decided that Kiko is just fine with me. Sigh.

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2014/05/philip-kiko-lobbyist-for-muslim-advocates-am-arab-anti-discrimination-appointed-to-benghazi-select-committee/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:32:00 pm by rangerrebew »