Author Topic: Obama: 'I Always Take Responsibility,' but VA Scandal Started with Bush  (Read 552 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/05/30/Obama-I-Always-Take-Responsibility-but-VA-is-Bush-s-Fault

by Frances Martel 30 May 2014, 9:50 AM PDT

President Obama announced the resignation of Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki Friday, vowing to take full responsibility for the increasingly widespread scandal engulfing the VA's health services. Within seconds of taking responsibility, however, the President made sure to assert that the problems "predate my presidency."

"This predates my presidency. When I was in the Senate, I was on the Veterans Affairs Committee. I heard first-hand veterans who were not getting the kinds of services and benefits that they had earned," the President said to the White House Press Corps this afternoon. The assertion that the VA scandal was an ongoing cultural problem within the institution followed declaration that he would "always take responsibility for whatever happens," particularly with regard to Veterans Affairs.

In the same announcement, President Obama noted that it was "with considerable regret" that he accepted Secretary Shinseki's resignation. He took the time to commend Shinseki's work within the agency. "Under his leadership, we have seen more progress on more fronts at the VA and a bigger investment in the VA than just about any other VA secretary," the President asserted, adding that "Ric’s commitment to our veterans is unquestioned. His service to our country is exemplary." Shinseki himself, he said, had begun the process of mass firings in agencies with considerable problems throughout the country.

President Obama emphasized the Shinseki's resignation did not have to do with his ability to run the organization, but his potential to become "a distraction," blaming "Congress and you guys [the media]" for the situation in which Shinseki, who oversaw the agency as the scandal developed, cannot keep his job.

Shinseki himself apologized for the situation this morning but did not announce his resignation. “I said when this situation began weeks to months ago that I thought the problem was limited and isolated because I believed that,” he said in a conference this morning, “I no longer believe it. It is systemic.” He blamed himself for being "too trusting" and extended an apology "to the people whom I care most deeply about, that's the veterans of this great country, to their families and loved ones who I have been honored to serve."

Shinseki's apology followed the release of an investigation that found that VA officials nationwide had written false record information to mask the fact that many veterans were being forced to wait unreasonable amounts of time to receive medical care from the agency. The Washington Post describes the fabrications as "elaborate schemes to hide long waiting times date back as far as 2010."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

"This predates my presidency. When I was in the Senate, I was on the Veterans Affairs Committee. I heard first-hand veterans who were not getting the kinds of services and benefits that they had earned," the President said to the White House Press Corps this afternoon.

Did anyone check to see whether he actually attended any committee meetings?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rivergirl

It's not the wait times, it's the hiding the waiting list in order to collect a bonus that is criminal.  That was on your watch, mr president.

Offline sinkspur

The sonofabitch can't take responsibility for anything.

Always blaming Bush is no longer selling.  He is viewed as incompetent by most Americans.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline evadR

The IBF card, the race card, the gun control card...they're all jokers out of the same deck.

It's all they have.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline markswife

"This predates my presidency. When I was in the Senate, I was on the Veterans Affairs Committee. I heard first-hand veterans who were not getting the kinds of services and benefits that they had earned," the President said to the White House Press Corps this afternoon."

If true why didn't he try and do something about it?
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He did.

He voted present, now he's madder than hell. I thought I could not despise the Worm any harder. You learn something new every day.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

It's not the wait times, it's the hiding the waiting list in order to collect a bonus that is criminal.  That was on your watch, mr president.
Exactly.

I can't say anything else I'm thinking about His Royal Heineyness, as I don't wish to have a knock at the door ...     :nometalk:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org