Author Topic: WATCH: San Diego parents reveal story of transgender son who became boy at 5  (Read 1519 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/san-diego-parents-reveal-story-transgender-daughter-boy-5-article-1.1811066

Proud parents from San Diego have shared their story of having a transgender son who became a boy aged just 5-years-old.

Jeff and Hillary Whittington presented a touching video showing little Ryland's female-to-male transition as they were honored at the 6th annual Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast last Thursday.

The stirring footage revealed how Ryland suffered severe hearing problems when she was just 12-months-old and was fitted with cochlear implants.

"I am a boy," the long blonde haired toddler reportedly declared to her parents after the operation and learning to speak.

Offline flowers

Does this mean he/she had his/her plumbing changed as well??

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I was 5, I thought I was a cat.

Offline flowers

lol  I thought I was Zorro!!!

Offline mountaineer

**nononono*

In a sane world, these people would be charged with child abuse - not praised.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:49:08 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

Sweet story. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

rangerrebew

Hipster Parents Win Award for Turning 6-Year-Old Daughter Into a 'Boy'

Posted on May 31, 2014 by Tad Cronn Filed under Culture, Family, Homosexuality, Liberalism, Morality, Political Correctness

I always wanted to be a rock star, but I can't sing, play guitar or dance.

I've always felt in my heart that I was meant to be a rock star nonetheless.

So I've made a decision.

From now on, I'm going to dress like Elvis, and everybody must refer to me as "the King" and buy my records. Women everywhere must swoon when I enter the room, and when I "perform," everybody must applaud, even if I sing off key and flub my guitar solo.

Anyone who fails to comply will be bullied, called names, possibly sued and be forever labeled a whatever-phobe you would be if you hate phony rock stars.

I will receive several Grammys because I am such an inspiration to talentless would-be musicians everywhere.

Does any of that sound reasonable to you?

No, I didn't think so.

So how is it in any way reasonable to give an "inspiration award" to a couple who have tried very hard to turn their 6-year-old daughter into a "boy"?

Because that's what happened to Jeff and Hillary Whittington -- from California, natch -- after they decided to let their little girl Ryland pretend to be a boy full-time.

To hear the Whittingtons tell it, they were just trying to be loving parents who were concerned their daughter might commit suicide if they didn't go along whenever she screamed, "I'm a boy." Then they made a video about it, and they got a Harvey Milk award.

And now they're famous while little Ryland is horribly messed up at the tender age of 6 and facing a future of drastic hormone treatments to suppress her body's female characteristic and try to stimulate a hairy chest and broad shoulders in order to maintain the delusion that she is a "he," which is what the "supportive" media are calling her. If the family goes for the brass ring, Ryland will be looking at some painful surgery to remove her female organs and try to sew on something resembling a male set of parts that will never work like the real thing.

The Whittingtons claim they were worried by reports of suicide by transgender youngsters who weren't accepted by their families.

So now they've probably done more to set their daughter on the path to suicide than they ever could have by nipping this nonsense in the bud. As they were encouraged, no doubt, by the loose morals and mental confusion of the liberal California scene, it's a fair question whether they promoted their daughter's fantasy just to become famous or notorious among the "in" crowd that has destroyed the state. They did say the video they made for the Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast was "our coming out," not Ryland's. No doubt they're feeling very hip and pleased with themselves these days.

"One of the most inspiring things that Harvey Milk had done as far as our family is concerned was to encourage people to come out; to let their voices be heard; break down the walls, break down the barriers and start allowing people to see them for their authentic selves and be true to themselves, and this is our coming out … this is us making our voices heard,” Jeff Whittington said as he accepted the award.

According to the Whittingtons, Ryland had asked, "Why did God do this to me?" The smart money says it has nothing to do with God and everything to do with that little girl's parents.

Ryland was probably just doing what many little girls do, which is rebel against the selection of clothes and toys girls are often forced to accept. She saw that boys did or got something she wanted. Being a little kid, she didn't know how to ask for it, so she came out with "I wanna be a boy" or some such.

Scenario: Little girl says, "I'm a boy." Morally confused, perhaps eager for attention, liberal parent: "OK honey, you're a boy. Here's a cookie and a tie."

Scenario: Little girl says, "I'm a boy." Allegedly backwards, low-intelligence (according to liberals), homophobic (again, according to liberals) "red neck" parent: "No you're not, honey. You're a girl." Little girl repeats, "I'm a boy." "Red neck" parent: "No, honey. You're all girl. Check your pants." Indignant (she learned it at preschool) little girl: "Is that all that decides what I am?" Somewhat bemused but serious parent: "Of course not, honey, but that's the big one. It doesn't mean you can't play baseball." Suddenly thoughtful little girl: "Really?" Parent: "Yup. You want to go hit a few at the batting cages?" Girl: "Yay!"

We all know that in reality, life's problems can seldom be solved in a couple of sentences on a blog. But the point is, parents who truly love their kids don't just give in to hipster fads, and they try not to intentionally screw up their children's lives.

What the Whittingtons have done to their daughter is tantamount to child abuse, and child abuse is what the Harvey Milk Breakfast organizers are honoring.

That little girl has been set up for a lifetime of humiliation and hurt, and the adults who should be protecting her are standing around patting themselves on their backs.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15750/hipster-parents-win-award-turning-6-year-old-daughter-boy/#ZmA5BvRxOdPIS4a0.99

Offline musiclady

At 5 I wanted to be a boy too.  Because boys got to climb trees, play baseball and football, and get it school yard fights, and didn't have to grow up and stay home all day, and in the 50's those things were frowned upon if you were a girl.

These parents are abusers.  Children at the age of 5 have NO CLUE as to what 'gender' they are, or ought to be.

This is cruelty.  Malicious.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SouthTexas

At 5 I wanted to be a boy too.  Because boys got to climb trees, play baseball and football, and get it school yard fights, and didn't have to grow up and stay home all day, and in the 50's those things were frowned upon if you were a girl.

These parents are abusers.  Children at the age of 5 have NO CLUE as to what 'gender' they are, or ought to be.

I grew up with little girls that climbed trees, played sandlot baseball and football, rode horses, worked cattle, drove combines.  They're all still girls, well women now, actually most are grandmothers.

God Bless Texas Women.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I grew up with little girls that climbed trees, played sandlot baseball and football, rode horses, worked cattle, drove combines.  They're all still girls, well women now, actually most are grandmothers.

God Bless Texas Women.

Heck - when we were growing up we all did that, as well as riding our bikes from one farm to another all summer to do the harvesting. Money were tight and every penny helped. Only difference as far as we were concerned is the girls squatted behind a tree to pee and the boys stood.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

Heck - when we were growing up we all did that, as well as riding our bikes from one farm to another all summer to do the harvesting. Money were tight and every penny helped. Only difference as far as we were concerned is the girls squatted behind a tree to pee and the boys stood.

We were all kids and all treated equally.  Would need a few more years before the differences even mattered.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Has anybody else considered that near daily stories about sexual related themes in the news is a liberal tactic to keep "conservatives" off-balance, unfocused, angry, obsessed and ineffective politically?

Liberal media is only too happy to throw the stories out like red meat, knowing the conservatives will pounce on them.

The original concept of "Tea Party" was to overcome that tendency, but alas that advantage went off track with poor candidates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

God Bless Texas Women.

I did all those things too, but there was social pressure BIG time that said, "When you grow up you'll have to stop doing those things and become a lady."  And I didn't want to do that.

Today's culture is different and girls are able to express aggression in sports and other ways.

We didn't have those things, so we kinda had to force our way into the boys' world, as it then existed.

The point I was making is, that I was always very much a girl.  Just an athletic, aggressive, competitive, tree house building girl.

In the 50's there was something "wrong" with that in our culture.

Anyone younger than 60 probably never experienced it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Not saying I didn't do that.

It's just that it was extremely socially unacceptable to be the way I was, and there was the constant theme that I would have to change who I was to be 'feminine.'

That turned out to be a crock, as I am actually quite feminine, yet can throw a spiral with the best of them, and could probably still tackle someone, if provoked enough.

(And would pay for it for days afterwards!  ^-^ )

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ma'am - I can't judge how feminine you are without meeting you.

You are, however, a lady. That is a cast iron bet.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

You have no idea what you're talking about.  I know a family in exactly this same situation, only the little girl is 7.  She's convinced she's a boy and the parents cut her hair, let her play boy sports, she's excelling in school.  The personal pronoun switch happens this summer, and "she" will be "he" next school year.  All the kids think she's a boy anyway.

Nothing cruel about it.  THey're working with a group of doctors who have told them to just roll with what she's doing. 

And yes, there are a LOT of suicides among transgenders (41% by age 20).  This little person will not be among them.

Offline musiclady

You have no idea what you're talking about.  I know a family in exactly this same situation, only the little girl is 7.  She's convinced she's a boy and the parents cut her hair, let her play boy sports, she's excelling in school.  The personal pronoun switch happens this summer, and "she" will be "he" next school year.  All the kids think she's a boy anyway.

Nothing cruel about it.  THey're working with a group of doctors who have told them to just roll with what she's doing. 

And yes, there are a LOT of suicides among transgenders (41% by age 20).  This little person will not be among them.

Anyone who starts a post with "You have no idea what you're talking about" is not worth the effort it takes to have meaningful communication.

I know you're fine with having little boys in the girls' bathrooms just because they feel like they're girls.

You're a poster child for why responsible parents should  homeschool.........

Offline mountaineer

Has anybody else considered that near daily stories about sexual related themes in the news is a liberal tactic to keep "conservatives" off-balance, unfocused, angry, obsessed and ineffective politically?

Liberal media is only too happy to throw the stories out like red meat, knowing the conservatives will pounce on them.

The original concept of "Tea Party" was to overcome that tendency, but alas that advantage went off track with poor candidates.
The original concept of Tea Party was to fight big government and excessive taxation. That's it. This thread has nothing to do with the Tea Party.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

Anyone who starts a post with "You have no idea what you're talking about" is not worth the effort it takes to have meaningful communication.

I know you're fine with having little boys in the girls' bathrooms just because they feel like they're girls.

You're a poster child for why responsible parents should  homeschool.........

You really and truly don't know what you're talking about.  You do knee-jerk quite well, though.

It's obvious, so we'd just talk past each other anyway.   You don't know anything about the current psychological research on transgenders, do you?

Offline musiclady

You really and truly don't know what you're talking about.  You do knee-jerk quite well, though.

It's obvious, so we'd just talk past each other anyway.   You don't know anything about the current psychological research on transgenders, do you?

Well, I'm humbled that the knee-jerk king is complimenting me on knee-jerking.  It's quite an honor.   :smokin:

btw, I'm not naïve enough to believe everything coming out of the far left APA.  They've done a lot of deceiving to get the gullible to swallow their "research."  All part of the agenda.

I'm just not gullible enough to fall for it.

Sorry if you interpret my standards as anything other than what they are.   Standards.

Offline sinkspur

Well, I'm humbled that the knee-jerk king is complimenting me on knee-jerking.  It's quite an honor.   :smokin:

btw, I'm not naïve enough to believe everything coming out of the far left APA.  They've done a lot of deceiving to get the gullible to swallow their "research."  All part of the agenda.

I'm just not gullible enough to fall for it.

Sorry if you interpret my standards as anything other than what they are.   Standards.

They're not "standards."  They're ignorance.  At least in the area of transgendered kids.

You ARE gullible enough to swallow ideology that confirms your biases.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You're getting pretty close to personal attacks sink....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If the life of one child can be made 'normal', all this is worth it.

If one life can be changed so that he/she doesn't have to think they're a freak of nature.

Maybe transgender operations for children will become as common as having one's tonsils removed.

You must admit...having firsthand experience with REAL parents facing these decisions puts a different perspective on it.

....except when it comes to illegal immigration [/s]

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

They're not "standards."  They're ignorance.  At least in the area of transgendered kids.

You ARE gullible enough to swallow ideology that confirms your biases.

I wonder what's next on the table for the left regarding the "sexuality" and "sexual preferences" of 5 year olds as the leftist agenda keeps marching on.

btw,  when it comes to protecting and nurturing children, what motivates me is not 'ideology,' sink............whatever you actually mean by that.

And it's most definitely NOT 'ignorance.'

I know I'm not going to change your mind regarding the need to protect children from adult predators, after the children are exposed to all sorts of ideas and practices they should be protected from (but no longer are), but I'm going to leave this conversation before you say anything about me that you end up regretting.

Oceander

I couldn't decide between Asterix and Obelix.