Author Topic: Carney Resigns as White House Press Secretary  (Read 2013 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carney Resigns as White House Press Secretary
« on: May 30, 2014, 06:09:09 pm »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/05/30/carney-resigns-as-white-house-press-secretary/

Carney Resigns as White House Press Secretary

by
BRIDGET JOHNSON

May 30, 2014 - 11:00 am

President Obama appeared at today’s daily briefing to announce that Jay Carney will be stepping down as press secretary.

“He comes to this place with a reporter’s perspective,” Obama said. “That’s why I think he will actually miss hanging out with you.”

Obama praised Carney as a friend and said he’ll continue to rely on him as an adviser.

“The flak jacket is officially passed to a new generation, Mr. Josh Earnest,” Obama announced, naming the deputy press secretary to take Carney’s spot.

“You can’t find a nicer individual even outside of Washington,” he added.

Carney said he didn’t know what his next career move will be, but indicated that he’d been in discussions about departing the White House for months.

“Be nice to Jay on his farewell tour,” the president chided the press corps.

Carney, who has been press secretary for the past 3 1/2 years, said it was not his last briefing and “I will have a few more polished things to say before I go.”

“It’s been an amazing experience,” he added. “So fulfilling… In mid-life you don’t often make a whole new set of friends, not just friends but people you would fight by and for.”

“Every day has been a privilege,” Carney said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Carney Resigns as White House Press Secretary
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »
We're on a roll here...still time for a few more to go..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »
Pardon my crudity, but with carney gone it is simply one less turd in the sewer.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:03:52 pm »
We're on a roll here...still time for a few more to go..

Holder??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »
I've hoped for years that Carney would resign with great flourish by leaving the podium after snapping like Jerry Seinfeld did when he tried to lie about watching Melrose Place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Sw6by7pig
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »
OPapaDoc must have been asking Carney to tell one hell of a whopper for even his conscience to be bothered. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »
I've seen him a couple of times....he's nowhere near the accomplished liar Carney is....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:36 pm »
OPapaDoc must have been asking Carney to tell one hell of a whopper for even his conscience to be bothered.
In my opinion that would be one very difficult job to do, over 3.5 years, for a Potus like Obama.

At some point the Press Secretary is just used up, has given all they can give, for the cause.

It is something like being defense attorney to a scumbag guilty client, when the job is putting the best spin out everyday.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 08:21:41 pm »
I feel very much the same as when Bagdad Bob resigned.  I'm glad to see the lying hypocrite gone from my sight but sad that he can't be used for  visual references anymore for teaching how people lie.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 08:28:03 pm »

I doubt he has a conscience.

He's probably just worn out from fighting against the truth for so long.

I'm sure it tires even the most adept liars.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:20 pm »
It is something like being defense attorney to a scumbag guilty client, when the job is putting the best spin out everyday.

Good analogy.  But it might even be worse than that.  More like a guilty client who continues to commit new crimes even as you defend his old ones.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:31 am »
Title:
[[ Carney Resigns as White House Press Secretary ]]

Hope ya got some money saved up, Jay.

Who's going to hire you now, based on your past credibility ???

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 12:52:30 am »
Gay lover alert??
I don't know what his given reason was but for sure you know that's a lie.
And why so sudden?
Maybe he'll be doing a duo on FOX with Shep.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 03:15:04 am »
Good analogy.  But it might even be worse than that.  More like a guilty client who continues to commit new crimes even as you defend his old ones.

the difference is whether you're emotionally invested in the client - lyin' politician or lyin' defendant - not how much work you have to do to spin the ugly truth.  A good defense attorney - an experienced defense attorney - gets that way by not being emotionally invested in the client; if the client doesn't pay the bills, or make arrangements to pay them, then the client doesn't get the representation.  The attorneys who burn themselves out - or worse, get into trouble themselves - are those who "care too much" about the client and get emotionally involved in the success or failure of the client's case.  If the client continues to commit new crimes, the good defense attorney has only two real worries:  (a) did the client use the attorney to commit one or more new crimes - in which case the attorney must disengage (fire the client) and probably has to report the facts to the court - and (b) has the client paid the bills.  Beyond that, you do what you can with what you've got, understanding full well that there's a substantial risk the client will still end up losing.  Such is life.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 05:58:13 am »
This is how the announcement happened.

Reporter - Mr. Carney, is it true you offered your resignation today?

Jay Carney - I appreciate the question, but you already know the answer.

Reporter – I’m not clear what the answer is, and you never answered my question.   Are you leaving?

Jay Carney - I refer you to my previous answer on that.

Reporter – And that answer was?

Jay Carney  - We invariably do not anticipate every question that you ask, so sometimes we don’t have the answers, so I would refer you to someone else.

Reporter – So you don’t know?

Jay Carney - I will refer you back to yesterday’s response.

Reporter – Yesterday?  This is ridiculous, you are either leaving or you are not, which is it?

Jay Carney – I won’t speculate on that.

Reporter  - So you are saying no comment?

Jay Carney – I’ll get back to you.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 10:36:21 am »
the difference is whether you're emotionally invested in the client - lyin' politician or lyin' defendant - not how much work you have to do to spin the ugly truth.  A good defense attorney - an experienced defense attorney - gets that way by not being emotionally invested in the client; if the client doesn't pay the bills, or make arrangements to pay them, then the client doesn't get the representation.  The attorneys who burn themselves out - or worse, get into trouble themselves - are those who "care too much" about the client and get emotionally involved in the success or failure of the client's case.  If the client continues to commit new crimes, the good defense attorney has only two real worries:  (a) did the client use the attorney to commit one or more new crimes - in which case the attorney must disengage (fire the client) and probably has to report the facts to the court - and (b) has the client paid the bills.  Beyond that, you do what you can with what you've got, understanding full well that there's a substantial risk the client will still end up losing.  Such is life.

Having been a political consultant myself in the past, I can say it is not unlike what I did.  I created the best campaign I could for my "clients" and if they were scumbags and won, I blamed the public and my competitors for not being vigilant enough.  Who did I help elect?  Gary Condit (back when he first ran for California Assemby), for one.

I must also admit I was most satisfied with myself when I succeeded in a campaign that elected someone exceptionally deficient, because I considered it a reflection of my own skills.  I have no doubt many defense attorneys feel the same satisfaction when they successfully represent a client they know is guilty.