Author Topic: Hillary Clinton accuses Benghazi critics of ‘flat-out deceit’  (Read 955 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nypost.com/2014/05/30/hillary-accuses-benghazi-critics-of-flat-out-deceit/

Hillary Clinton accuses Benghazi critics of ‘flat-out deceit’

By Geoff Earle

May 30, 2014 | 8:43am

WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton is firing a preemptive blast at her fiercest critics on the Benghazi issue, accusing them of “flat-out deceit” in her forthcoming book.

Moving to confront a lingering issue that is certain to draw attacks in any 2016 presidential contest, Clinton is training fire on Republican lawmakers who have launched a series of probes into the attacks that resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. the late Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.

“Many of these same people are a broken record about unanswered questions. But there is a difference between unanswered questions and unlistened to answers,” she writes.

At one point, she suggests it’s unpatriotic to keep re-visiting the issue in the political realm.

“Those who exploit this tragedy over and over as a political tool minimize the sacrifice of those who served our country,” Clinton says.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) recently announced the creation of a House select committee on Benghazi – a panel that would likely call Clinton as its star witness.

Clinton blasts the “regrettable amount of misinformation, speculation, and flat-out deceit by some in politics and the media.”

Clinton lays out her case for what happened in Benghazi in a 34-page chapter of “Hard Choices,” her memoir that comes out next month, which was obtained by Politico and is titled “Benghazi: Under Attack.”

The preemptive move comes as Team Clinton has taken other steps to prepare for the expected onslaught, including retaining former Obama National Security spokesman Tommy Vietor.

From excerpts, Clinton doesn’t appear to shed many new facts on what happened in 2012. She argues that an incendiary video was a motive for people who attacked the U.S. facility in Benghazi, Libya – although she acknowledges that the video didn’t influence “every single one of them.”

“There were scores of attackers that night, almost certainly with differing motives,” she writes. “It is inaccurate to state that every single one of them was influenced by this hateful video. It is equally inaccurate to state that none of them were. Both assertions defy not only the evidence but logic as well.”

She also took on critics who argue the U.S. should have done more to respond militarily.

Obama “gave the order to do whatever was necessary to support our people in Libya. It was imperative that all possible resources be mobilized immediately,” she writes.

“When Americans are under fire, that is not an order the Commander-in-Chief has to give twice. Our military does everything humanly possible to save American lives — and would do more if they could. That anyone has ever suggested otherwise is something I will never understand.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC0AKNQBV80
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Hillary Clinton accuses Benghazi critics of ‘flat-out deceit’
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:02 pm »
If you can't justify yourself, attack your critics.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »
From excerpts, Clinton doesn’t appear to shed many new facts on what happened in 2012. She argues that an incendiary video was a motive for people who attacked the U.S. facility in Benghazi, Libya – although she acknowledges that the video didn’t influence “every single one of them.”

“There were scores of attackers that night, almost certainly with differing motives,” she writes. “It is inaccurate to state that every single one of them was influenced by this hateful video. It is equally inaccurate to state that none of them were. Both assertions defy not only the evidence but logic as well.”

Still, even now, trying to sell the video BS!

She is incorrigible! And scared to death that the TRUTH will emerge!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:57:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:23:56 pm »
That whole video story stinks.  Did they already have this video ploy in the works as a means of stirring up protests to provide distraction or cover for something else? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:37:08 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:42:30 pm »
They always accuse us of that which they are doing. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:44:40 pm »
They always accuse us of that which they are doing.

Look at the bright side....this is the first written account she has submitted on what her role was, and I guarantee you one of the first sales of this book will be several copies to the Select Committee on Benghazi...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 02:48:13 pm »
Typical Clintonista tactics...accuse the accuser

http://www.mediaite.com/online/hillary-rips-gop-on-benghazi-wont-play-politics-on-backs-of-dead-americans/

Hillary Rips GOP on Benghazi: I Won’t Play Politics on ‘Backs of Dead Americans’
by Noah Rothman | 8:07 am, May 30th, 2014

“I will not be a part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans,” read an excerpt from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s book which deals with the response to the Benghazi attack. In that excerpt from the book Hard Choices, released exclusively to Politico, Clinton attacked Republicans for playing politics with the investigation into the attack .

“It’s just plain wrong, and it’s unworthy of our great country,” Clinton said of what she called the “political slugfest” that the investigation has become. “Those who insist on politicizing the tragedy will have to do so without me.”

While Clinton took responsibility for the attack and its aftermath, she scolded the press for propagating a “regrettable amount of misinformation, speculation, and flat-out deceit.”

She added that there is no reason for the continued investigation. “Many of these same people are a broken record about unanswered question,” Clinton wrote. “But there is a difference between unanswered questions and unlistened to answers.”

Regarding the investigation into how the attack originally came to be blamed on a video, Clinton defended former United Nations Amb. Susan Rice. “Susan stated what the intelligence community believed, rightly or wrongly, at the time,” Clinton said.

“That was the best she or anyone could do. Every step of the way, whenever something new was learned, it was quickly shared with Congress and the American people. There is a difference between getting something wrong, and committing wrong. A big difference that some have blurred to the point of casting those who made a mistake as intentionally deceitful.”
Clinton reportedly tapped former National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor to aid in the media response operation to questions relating to the revelations in the book.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 02:56:27 pm »
That whole video story stinks.  Did they already have this video ploy in the works as a means of stirring up protests to provide distraction or cover for something else?
Remember the state dept sent out a apology  at the US Embassy in Egypt  about the video  BEFORE the attack.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 03:02:16 pm »
She's getting this "out of the way" before her campaign, going to wrap it up neat and tidy. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 03:16:43 pm »
Typical Clintonista tactics...accuse the accuser

Straight out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals!

http://www.vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
Thx for the pic, Bigun.

I've been looking for that one.

Will get a lot of use over the next 10 years, I'm sure...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:02 pm »
Thx for the pic, Bigun.

I've been looking for that one.

Will get a lot of use over the next 10 years, I'm sure...

Yes indeed! And you are welcome!

- J. R. R. Tolkien