Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki says he has begun process for removal of senior officials at VA Medical Center in Phoenix ...resigns  (Read 682 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breaking News
2 mins ·
JUST IN: Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki announced on Friday that he has started the process of firing leadership at the Phoenix facility at the epicenter of the veterans health care scandal. - NBC News
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:46:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

THE WHITE HOUSE, WASHINGTON, DC, US
24m
White House says President Obama will meet with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki at 10:15 am ET in the Oval Office - @nedrapickler
see original on twitter.com
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-shinseki-apologizes-for-systemic-va-hospital-problems/

Eric Shinseki apologizes for "systemic" VA hospital problems
REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

Embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki apologized for "systemic" problems at the nation's VA hospitals and, despite calls for his resignation, pressed forward with actions to deal with the scandal.

Shinseki announced during a speech to the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans in Washington, D.C., that he has initiated the process to remove the leaders of the Phoenix VA medical center, where it's alleged as many as 40 veterans died while waiting for care. An investigation released Wednesday found that about 1,700 veterans in need of care were "at risk of being lost or forgotten" after being kept off an official waiting list .

Meanwhile, President Obama summoned Shinseki to the White House, amid mounting calls for his resignation.

In a interview aired Friday on "Live! With Kelly and Micahel", Mr. Obama said he will ask Shinseki whether he is "prepared and has the capacity" to fix sweeping problems in the system.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said Thursday that "When it comes to the overall issue... we are focused on getting to the root of the problem and determining the full scope of the problem."

When asked whether Mr. Obama still has confidence in Shinseki, Carney would not give a simple yes or no answer, but said, "The president believes and is confident Secretary Shineski has served his nation admirably... [and] he has accomplished some very important things as secretary of Veterans Affairs" such as they include extending education benefits and reducing veteran homelessness.

Fourteen Senate Republicans along with 12 Senate Democrats aren't waiting for the audit and have called on Shinseki to step down, including nine Democrats who are up for re-election this November, some of whom have been targets of recent Republican attacks over the VA issue.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joseph Curl ‏@josephcurl 4m

Shinseki to be canned today. 1) it's Friday - the Clinton trick. 2) Dems are turning. 3) Even Chris Matthews has lost the thrill up his leg.
Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
5pm Friday "dump" coming up

I think so, and they are not going to be able to wait until tonight after the evening news to do it after all.  I'm pretty sure Obama is accepting Shinseki's resignation right now.  He has little choice at this point with the scandal breaking further open on a daily basis.  This will be a Damage Control exercise, not an attempt to "fix" anything at VA.

Just watched Bill Hemmer interview one of the VA Doctors who is a whistleblower, and I'm incredulous at some of the things he had to say.  This goes much deeper and is far worse than anyone imagined as late as just this morning.  Not sure just how far up the food chain this really goes, and we shall have to see if Shinseki is willing to take a bullet and keep him mouth shut on this.  He's about to be thrown under the bus, but that doesn't mean he has to like it or agree not to talk about what has really been going on.....such as this morning is the first time in at least 2 years he has had any meeting with the Preezy....

Developing HOT.......

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:43:23 pm by Chieftain »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I think so, and they are not going to be able to wait until tonight after the evening news to do it after all.  I'm pretty sure Obama is accepting Shinseki's resignation right now.  He has little choice at this point with the scandal breaking further open on a daily basis.  This will be a Damage Control exercise, not an attempt to "fix" anything at VA.

Just watched Bill Hemmer interview one of the VA Doctors who is a whistleblower, and I'm incredulous at some of the things he had to say.  This goes much deeper and is far worse than anyone imagined as late as just this morning.  Not sure just how far up the food chain this really goes, and we shall have to see if Shinseki is willing to take a bullet and keep him mouth shut on this.  He's about to be thrown under the bus, but that doesn't mean he has to like it or agree not to talk about what has really been going on.....such as this morning is the first time in at least 2 years he has had any meeting with the Preezy....

Developing HOT.......

That's why it's taking so long to get him out of there.  They're "negotiating" to see how much it's going to cost to keep him quiet.  I can see a "jumping off a building to commit suicide" story in his near future. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's why it's taking so long to get him out of there.  They're "negotiating" to see how much it's going to cost to keep him quiet.  I can see a "jumping off a building to commit suicide" story in his near future.

Good possibility but let's hope not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Well, he's gone.

Does Obama think that helps take the blame off of himself?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki announced on Friday that he has started the process of firing leadership at the Phoenix facility at the epicenter of the veterans health care scandal

Where are the indictments and jail time?  Veterans died thanks to them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:35:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Where are the indictments and jail time?  Veterans died thanks to them.

I don't know about jail time, but would not the families have standing for a class action suit?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink