Author Topic: Matthews Scolds Obama Over VA: Tells President to Stop Thinking About Himself  (Read 923 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/05/29/Matthews%20Scolds-Obama-Over-VA-Stop-Thinking-About-Himself

on Breitbart TV 29 May 2014

Criticism of President Barack Obama came from an unlikely source on Thursday. During MSNBC’s “Hardball,” host Chris Matthews hammered President Barack Obama in a segment that included Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and former Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-NE).

Obama drew Matthews’ ire for not putting more of a focus on the individuals harmed by the Veterans Administration hospital scandal. Instead, Matthews argued the president was more focused on the public relations elements of the scandal’s fallout.

“Let me offer an idea – either one of you guys are Catholics,” he said. “This is the problem in the Catholic Church. This has been the problem -- you care about the people at the top. You don't care about the people at the bottom. You don't care about the altar boys, you worry about the priests. Here the president is probably worried about Shinseki. He should worry about the patient sitting out there now, four months he hasn't heard from a doctor. That’s who he should be talking about. That’s the person the president should be thinking about, not the PR of himself or the credentials of the administrator, but the person out there who served this country and has a real problem enough to go to a doctor, but no doctor will see him, even though that was part of -- isn't it the bargain when you go into the military? You'll at least be looked at when you come home? And these people aren't even being looked at, let alone treated. It’s frightening.”

Matthews went on to add that Obama’s timing left much to be desired in addressing the public about the scandal.

“You got an IG report yesterday that said that it's systemic,” he added. “He said if it's systemic, I’m doing something. What’s he doing? He wants to hear from Rob Nabors, his staff guy. He wants to hear Shinseki’s own report. These are two more reports he wants. How much is this going to go on? We have a waiting list to hear from the president, now. What’s the waiting time to hear from Obama? Is it going to be as long as the waiting time to see a doctor?”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Is Chrissie's boycrush finally over??

Nah...............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
There must be an electromagnetic solar storm going on right now - messing with people's brains - to cause a dumb-ass nutcase like Chris Matthews to finally get a revelation like this.   :thud:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
So now Chrissy says Zero shouldn't be worried about himself and the others at the top.  Instead he should be thinking about the average Joe.  Good advice, Tingles.

Perhaps you should hold him to the same standard when it comes to non-veterans.  ObamaCare is about nothing more than the president and his minions thinking about themselves and their own power.  Same with killing the coal industry.  Same with IRS targeting, phone tapping journalists, NSA metadata, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, etc.  Now suddenly you're worried about the average Joe?  Methinks thou doth protest too much. 

In fact, Chrissy doesn't care about veterans any more than Obama does.  He's no dummy, though, and he's well aware of what a scandal like this can do to the party in power.  When it's all said and done, Tingles is just as concerned about the people at the top as Obama.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is Chrissie's boycrush finally over??

Nah .... just a spat. Making up should be fabulous!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Chrissie said this? Really?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Nah .... just a spat. Making up should be fabulous!

:silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

They're all just getting "Ready for Hillary!"

rangerrebew

I think he sees it is Obamacare for whom the bell tolls.