Author Topic: Clinton, Obama have secret lunch at WH  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton, Obama have secret lunch at WH
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:07:32 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/207648-clinton-obama-have-unscheduled-lunch-at-white-house

May 29, 2014, 05:12 pm
Clinton, Obama have secret lunch at WH

By Mario Trujillo

Hillary Clinton had lunch with President Obama at the White House on Thursday, People magazine revealed in a tweet that was quickly deleted then reposted.

A White House official confirmed, "The President enjoyed an informal, private lunch with Secretary Clinton at the White House this afternoon.”

The lunch was not on the president's official schedule and the print pool reporter working Thursday, Steve Dennis of CQ Roll Call, filed a complaint about the lack of transparency.

After the People magazine tweet began to circulate on Twitter, it was removed from the account and reposted once a White House official confirmed the news.

PEOPLE's @sswestfall chats w/@HillaryClinton before her @WhiteHouse lunch. Hope she wasn't late for @barackobama! pic.twitter.com/6MAVgsXXzO
    — People magazine (@peoplemag) May 29, 2014

Obama and Clinton had lunch at the White House nearly a year ago in July as well. The former first lady is seen as the early favorite for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016. Vice President Biden has also expressed interest in a run.

The magazine announced Wednesday Clinton's first media interview of her upcoming book tour was with the publication. The interview will run June 6.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Clinton, Obama have secret lunch at WH
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:14 am »
Gee! I wonder what they were talking about??? /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien