Author Topic: Landrieu joins calls for Shinseki's head  (Read 858 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Landrieu joins calls for Shinseki's head
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/207539-dems-who-have-called-for-shinsekis-head

By Kristina Wong - 05/29/14 04:08 PM EDT

A growing list of Democrats, many who face tough reelection contests this fall, are calling for Veteran Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki to step down. The drumbeat from vulnerable members especially intensified after a VA inspector general confirmed there were 1,700 veterans at a Phoenix clinic that were not on official wait lists. 

The calls began piling up on Wednesday, after the release of an interim IG report was released that also "confirmed that inappropriate scheduling practices are systemic throughout" the VA.

Several lawmakers had previously called on Shinseki to resign, but Democratic senators for the first time on Wednesday joined what have been mostly Republican calls for Shinseki's head. 

Democratic House members calling for Shinseki to resign (20)

Rep. Ron Barber (Ariz): faces tough re-match from Air Force veteran Martha McSally (R)

Rep. John Barrow (Ga.): a perennial GOP target, Barrow represents a heavily Republican district

Rep. Bruce Braley (Iowa): running for Senate

Rep. Steve Israel (N.Y.)

Rep. Ann Kuster (N.H.)

Rep. Joe Garcia (Fla.)

Rep. Dave Loebsack (Iowa)

Rep. Dan Maffei (N.Y.)

Rep. Jerry McNerney (Calif.)

Rep. Rick Nolan (Minn.)

Rep. Scott Peters (Calif.): a top GOP target who faces challenge from former San Diego councilman Carl DeMaio (R)

Rep. Gary Peters (Mich.)

Rep. Collin Peterson (Minn.)

Rep. Nick Rahall (W.Va.): sits in a heavily Republican district, faces tough challenge from state Sen. Evan Jenkins (R)

Rep. Raul Ruiz (Calif.)

Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio)

Rep. David Scott (Ga.)

Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (N.H.)

Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.)

Rep. Tim Walz (Minn.). 

Democratic senators calling for Shinseki to resign (11)

Sen. Al Franken (Minn.)— Republicans hope to make his race competitive after Franken only narrowly won in 2008.

Sen. Kay Hagan (N.C.) — The red-state Democrat is one of the most vulnerable in the country, facing a challenge from state Speaker Thom Tillis (R).

Sen. Martin Heinrich (N.M.) — Heinrich is the first Democratic senator not up for reelection in 2014 to call for Shinseki's resignation.

Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.)

Sen. Mary Landrieu (La.) — Landrieu is facing a tough reelection race this fall.

Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.) — Merkley's 2014 GOP opponent had been pressuring him to join calls for Shinseki to quit.

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.)— She is facing a tough contest with former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown (R).

Sen. Mark Udall (Colo.)— Udall is running in a competitive race with Rep. Cory Gardner (R).

Sen. Tom Udall (N.M.)

Sen. John Walsh (Mont.) — The appointed senator is seeking a full term but is the underdog against likely GOP nominee, Rep. Steve Daines (R).

Sen. Mark Warner (Va.) — Warner is up for reelection this year and faces a tough challenger in former Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie.

Some Democratic candidates running for Congress this fall have also called for him to step aside.

—This post was last updated at 6:12 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Landrieu joins calls for Shinseki's head
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:52 pm »
This is being orchestrated by the white house.  Tuesday bite me was in Denver for a campaign stop with Udall.  Next morning Udall called for the resignation.  I suspect it won't be long before Shinseki self deports.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:51 pm »
This is being orchestrated by the white house.  Tuesday bite me was in Denver for a campaign stop with Udall.  Next morning Udall called for the resignation.  I suspect it won't be long before Shinseki self deports.

Absolutely! Give the appearance of doing something while actually doing nothing at all!

It's the tried and true Washington way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 12:25:33 am »

yep....something is afoot here, and the only goal is to get Obama's ass out of the fire, nothing else.  If Shinseki departs on Friday, by Monday Baghdad Jay Carney will be calling the entire thing "old news" and praising the President for acting decisively and fixing the problem, just like that.

Huzzahs and Hosannas all around....

:smokin:

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:18 am »
yep....something is afoot here, and the only goal is to get Obama's ass out of the fire, nothing else.  If Shinseki departs on Friday, by Monday Baghdad Jay Carney will be calling the entire thing "old news" and praising the President for acting decisively and fixing the problem, just like that.

Huzzahs and Hosannas all around....

:smokin:

Actually I think it's more about getting the democrats' collective asses out of the fire, particularly those in danger of losing their seats this election.  Obama himself doesn't give a damn because he can't run for re-election and he knows that the best thing that could happen to the democrats would be for a bunch of lunatic-asylum republicans to try and impeach him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:53:48 am »
Landrieu joins calls for Shinseki's head

Wake me when she calls for Obama's.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:25:51 am »
Actually I think it's more about getting the democrats' collective asses out of the fire, particularly those in danger of losing their seats this election.  Obama himself doesn't give a damn because he can't run for re-election and he knows that the best thing that could happen to the democrats would be for a bunch of lunatic-asylum republicans to try and impeach him.

And that defines the problem very nicely....the Democrats are becoming more aware that the Obama Administration's goals are rapidly diverging from those of the Democrats, and many realize there is everything for them to lose by associating themselves with him in any way.  Dhimmies like Landrieu have been under increasing pressure over Obamacare for six years, and they are in no mood or position to bail him out of something as toxic as this VA mess is.

And with Obama's successor already annointed by many, lots of Democrats are scared to death of being engulfed by Benghazi along with the Hildebeest.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 04:32:43 am »
And that defines the problem very nicely....the Democrats are becoming more aware that the Obama Administration's goals are rapidly diverging from those of the Democrats, and many realize there is everything for them to lose by associating themselves with him in any way.  Dhimmies like Landrieu have been under increasing pressure over Obamacare for six years, and they are in no mood or position to bail him out of something as toxic as this VA mess is.

And with Obama's successor already annointed by many, lots of Democrats are scared to death of being engulfed by Benghazi along with the Hildebeest.

true, but my point here is that Obuttocks really doesn't need any bailing out, so the game they're playing right now is a version of rope-a-dope where Obuttocks will let those democrats in weak positions use him as a punching bag - within limits, of course - so that they can make it look like they're really not wholly creatures of their own party and its liberal failings, and that they can "stand up to" even their own president when it comes to helping "regular Americans".  Clearly there are limits:  if the weak democrats were allowed to go completely off-rez and start trashing him the way he really deserved, that might do more harm than good in the upcoming elections, and Obuttocks does still have an ego that needs to be comforted; however, within those limits there is still plenty of room for Obuttocks to play the agreeable "villain" whom the weak democrats can "defeat" in order to garner political points.  The calculus would be different if either (a) Obuttocks could still run for re-election in 2016, or (b) the mainstream media wasn't a wholly-owned lapdog of the DNC, but since neither condition holds, there is nothing much lost, and much gained, by allowing the weak democrats - and largely only the weak ones, Reid will never be seen beating up on his "light-skinned negro" - to take swipes at Obuttocks that are more rhetoric than reality.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »
Shinseki will speak today.  O doesn't even have the guts to come out and fire this guy's rear end   Just another example of LEADING FROM BEHIND.

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »
Firing Shinseki will do absolutely nothing to rectify the problem.  Therefore it is the perfect action to take.

Diversion, deception and duplicity..the OBO way.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:52 pm »
Maybe obo can get shinseki to hairy canary himself.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 01:08:41 pm »
Firing Shinseki will do absolutely nothing to rectify the problem.  Therefore it is the perfect action to take.

Diversion, deception and duplicity..the OBO way.

:thumbsup:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »
Oh NO, Shazoooki isn't going to fall on his "sword".

Maybe Obo will order up a nice muzlum honor killing

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/30/obama-plans-serious-conversation-with-shinseki/20901185/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D482249

************UPDATE***************
Shazooki resigns after meeting with OBO.

Well, now that the problem is solved we can move on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:40:40 pm by evadR² »