Author Topic: Green Beret clarifies difference between war and twitter for Gwyneth Paltrow  (Read 648 times)

rangerrebew

Green Beret clarifies difference between war and twitter for Gwyneth Paltrow

Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief on May 29, 2014

Before you get all cranky, please be advised this commentary was not written by Col. West, but by his female Editor-in-Chief, just in case you were getting ready to play the sexist card. Thank you.

Oh, how I wish actresses would just stick to what they do best: looking pretty and pretending to be other people.

Instead we have to endure the type of cringe-worthy pontification that emerges from their smudge-free lips — such as the latest comment from Gwyneth Paltrow.

She has a new “lifestyle brand” called Goop which I think accurately describes both the texture and value of her words. While appearing at the techy Code Conference in California to promote Goop, she likened mean twitter comments to the suffering of war, saying, “You come across [online comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing. It’s almost like, how in war, you go through this bloody dehumanizing thing…”

Fortunately, Ms. Paltrow’s words are not accepted sympathetically by all, and those who have actually suffered through “this bloody, dehumanizing thing” called war can set her straight on reality.

Thanks to our friends at Clash Daily, we are delighted to share the candid truths presented by U.S. Army Green Beret Sergeant First Class Brian Sikes. In a personal letter to Gywnie, he writes:

“I could see how you, and others like you in “the biz,” could be so insecure and mentally weak that you could pair the difficulty of your life on twitter to my brothers who have had their limbs ripped off and seen their friends shot, blown up, burned and disfigured, or wake up every morning in pain – while just starting the day is a challenge. How about our wives? The ones that sign on to be there for us through thick and thin, that help us to shake the hardships of war upon our return? And do all this while being mothers to our kids, keeping bills in order because we are always gone, and keeping our lives glued together. They do all this, by the way, without a team of accountants, nanny’s, personal assistants, and life coaches. Yeah, reading a mean tweet is just like all that.”

You really must read the whole letter here. It’s marvelous. I just hope it doesn’t make Gwyneth cry.

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/05/green-beret-clarifies-difference-war-twitter-gwyneth-paltrow/#JMiz1KVF0bd1ojvt.99

THE LETTER
GREEN BERET SLAMS GWYNETH PALTROW: There’s A Big Difference Between Real War & Twitter

By Clash Daily   / 29 May 2014   / 284 Comments   

Doug Giles – Here’s a response regarding our morning’s Gwyneth Paltrow post from my good buddy and Green Beret bad-ass Bryan Sikes:

By Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA
Clash Daily Guest Columnist

To Miss Paltrow,

I’d first like to start out by saying how terrible I feel for you and all your friends that on a daily basis have to endure mean words written by people you don’t know. I can only imagine the difficulty of waking up in a 12,000 square foot Hollywood home and having your assistant retrieve your iPhone, only to see that the battery is low and someone on twitter (the social media concept that you and all of your friends contribute to on an hourly basis to feed your ego and narcissistic ways), has written a mean word or 2 about you. You’ve hit the nail on the head, war is exactly like that. You should receive a medal for the burden you have carried on your shoulders due to these meanies on social media.

You said, “Its almost like, how in war, you go through this bloody dehumanizing thing and then something is defined out of it.” I could see how you, and others like you in “the biz”, could be so insecure and mentally weak that you could pair the difficulty of your life on twitter to my brothers who have had their limbs ripped off and seen their friends shot, blown up, burned and disfigured, or wake up every morning in pain – while just starting the day is a challenge. How about our wives? The ones that sign on to be there for us through thick and thin, that help us to shake the hardships of war upon our return? And do all this while being mothers to our kids, keeping bills in order because we are always gone, and keeping our lives glued together. They do all this, by the way, without a team of accountants, nanny’s, personal assistants, and life coaches. Yeah, reading a mean tweet is just like all that.

You know what is really “dehumanizing”, Miss Paltrow? The fact that you’d even consider that your life as an “A-list” celebrity reading internet comments could even compare to war and what is endured on the battlefield. You and the other “A-listers” that think like you are laughable. You all have actually convinced yourselves that you in some way face difficulty on a regular basis. Let me be the first to burst your bubble: a long line at Starbucks, your driver being 3 minutes late, a scuff mark on your $1200 shoes and a mean tweet do not constitute difficulty in the eyes of a soldier.

Understand me when I say this: war does not define me. It is a chapter in my life that helped shaped me. Being a husband and father is what defines me. Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never…be close to what war is.

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/05/green-beret-slams-gwyneth-paltrow-theres-big-difference-real-war-twitter/#9SHbcZx3tcmTVHoE.99
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:09:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/29/green-beret-puts-gywneth-paltrow-in-her-place-for-comparing-reading-mean-tweets-to-being-at-war/

Green Beret Puts Gywneth Paltrow in her Place for Comparing Reading Mean Tweets to Being at War

May 29, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

The self-indulgent ignorance of Hollywood starlets was put on full display by Gwyneth Paltrow. Aside from her Tinselown fame, Paltrow has made news lately for her ‘conscious uncoupling ceremony’ from her significant other Chris Martin as well as saying that stay at home moms have an easier life than someone like her, who has nannies at her disposal to help raise her kids. But, just when you thought she couldn’t top her magnanimous stupidity, she does.

During a promo interview for her new site GOOP.com, Paltrow demonstrated that she must have goop for brains when she made the following statement.

“You come across [online comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing. It’s almost like, how in war, you go through this bloody dehumanizing thing and then something is defined out of it.”

That’s right. Comments from mean girls and boys, in Paltrow’s ‘mind,’ are equal to those who endure combat risking, and for some losing, life and limb in war. She really must have goop for brains!

I’m sure many people have a few choice words for Gwyneth Paltrow, but a former Green Beret by the name of Bryan Sikes penned an open letter to her on the Clash Daily that points out her glaring stupidity and narcissism.

To Miss Paltrow,

I’d first like to start out by saying how terrible I feel for you and all your friends that on a daily basis have to endure mean words written by people you don’t know. I can only imagine the difficulty of waking up in a 12,000 square foot Hollywood home and having your assistant retrieve your iPhone, only to see that the battery is low and someone on twitter (the social media concept that you and all of your friends contribute to on an hourly basis to feed your ego and narcissistic ways), has written a mean word or 2 about you. You’ve hit the nail on the head, war is exactly like that. You should receive a medal for the burden you have carried on your shoulders due to these meanies on social media.

You said, “Its almost like, how in war, you go through this bloody dehumanizing thing and then something is defined out of it.” I could see how you, and others like you in “the biz”, could be so insecure and mentally weak that you could pair the difficulty of your life on twitter to my brothers who have had their limbs ripped off and seen their friends shot, blown up, burned and disfigured, or wake up every morning in pain – while just starting the day is a challenge. How about our wives? The ones that sign on to be there for us through thick and thin, that help us to shake the hardships of war upon our return? And do all this while being mothers to our kids, keeping bills in order because we are always gone, and keeping our lives glued together. They do all this, by the way, without a team of accountants, nanny’s, personal assistants, and life coaches. Yeah, reading a mean tweet is just like all that.

You know what is really “dehumanizing”, Miss Paltrow? The fact that you’d even consider that your life as an “A-list” celebrity reading internet comments could even compare to war and what is endured on the battlefield. You and the other “A-listers” that think like you are laughable. You all have actually convinced yourselves that you in some way face difficulty on a regular basis. Let me be the first to burst your bubble: a long line at Starbucks, your driver being 3 minutes late, a scuff mark on your $1200 shoes and a mean tweet do not constitute difficulty in the eyes of a soldier.

Understand me when I say this: war does not define me. It is a chapter in my life that helped shaped me. Being a husband and father is what defines me. Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never…be close to what war is.

Well said, Mr. Sykes. Thank you for your service sir, and thank you for setting Paltrow straight on just how wrong she is and how utterly pathetic she sounds in making such a comparison.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
What else does one expect from a brainless movie star??