Author Topic: Romney: 'Sad Day' When President Has to Say US Isn't Weak  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=573897

Newsmax
Romney: 'Sad Day' When President Has to Say US Isn't Weak
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:59 PM

By: Greg Richter

President Barack Obama's speech before West Point graduates on Wednesday displayed the weak position he has put America in on the global stage, says the man who sought to defeat him in 2012.

"I think it's a particularly sad day in America when the president of the United States feels compelled to give an address saying that America, in effect, isn't weak," Republican former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File."

"If you have to tell people you're strong, then you're not," Romney said.

The speech got a tepid response from graduating cadets and was panned by conservative pundits and politicians.

Obama said that after "a long season of war" it is time to exercise restraint before embarking on future conflicts.

Such talk has U.S. allies calling us "timid," Romney said.

A shrinking military capacity, the VA scandal, the "reset" with Russia, and missteps in the Middle East have combined to lead friends and foes alike to think U.S. leadership is "very much in doubt," he said.

Romney joined others from both parties in calling for VA Secretary Eric Shinseki to step down or be fired over the VA scandal in which secret lists hid long wait times for veterans, with sometimes fatal results.

He joined Arizona Sen. John McCain in calling for vouchers to be given to veterans so they could be treated in private hospitals.

"This is just inexecusable for the people who've served our country to have been so poorly served by this administration and, frankly, by prior administrations as well," Romney said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Romney: 'Sad Day' When President Has to Say US Isn't Weak
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 01:45:28 pm »
*sigh* I really do hate them all.

Although Romney is right, and stating the obvious, if Romney were a little tougher, we'd be saying President Romney.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »
It was a sad when we only had you Romney as our only prez choice.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 02:11:02 pm »

Although Romney is right, and stating the obvious, if Romney were a little tougher, we'd be saying President Romney.

Personally I will NEVER forgive him for letting up on Obama in that last debate!  He had the SOB on the ropes and let him up! No doubt at the behest of his "professional" political advisers!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »
Personally I will NEVER forgive him for letting up on Obama in that last debate!  He had the SOB on the ropes and let him up! No doubt at the behest of his "professional" political advisers!
I feel the same way.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 02:54:22 pm »
I feel the same way.

Many of us do, that's why many of us - myself included - have come to the conclusion that these guys all work together to present this "theatre" of politics.  It's to keep us thinking they are "working on it", but they never actually accomplish anything.  They LIKE it the way it is!  Both sides.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »
Many of us do, that's why many of us - myself included - have come to the conclusion that these guys all work together to present this "theatre" of politics.  It's to keep us thinking they are "working on it", but they never actually accomplish anything.  They LIKE it the way it is!  Both sides.

Going by what I see, I have to agree.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »

He was stellar in the first debate and slide through the rest.  My guess is after the first debate he was afraid he'd win.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

And a little less voter fraud .....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 09:02:04 pm »
And a little less voter fraud .....

That cannot be discounted!  I believe voter fraud took place, and I think they got away with it - and I think they'll do it again!  You have to be TWICE as good to have a big enough margin to counteract the fraud. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:13 pm »

I don't know if "never forgive" is too strong, but I do remain tremendously disappointed in that fatal flaw.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 12:13:21 am »
That cannot be discounted!  I believe voter fraud took place, and I think they got away with it - and I think they'll do it again!  You have to be TWICE as good to have a big enough margin to counteract the fraud.

I think so, too. I think the voter fraud in FL & OH was what made the difference. And that's why the 0bama admin. is so strong about resisting any voter fraud protections. I don't know how a dim President could get elected in the near future without fraud.
Or without the new move by some dim states to give all of their electoral votes to the candidate who gets the majority of the popular vote. With that rule, they'd only need fraud in a half dozen of our biggest cities.