Author Topic: Vallely: Stevens Was in Benghazi Negotiating Arms Deal  (Read 1840 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vallely: Stevens Was in Benghazi Negotiating Arms Deal
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:48:48 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=573872

Newsmax
Vallely: Stevens Was in Benghazi Negotiating Arms Deal
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 07:56 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

American Ambassador Christopher Stevens, who was murdered with three other Americans in Benghazi in 2012, was involved in a secret U.S. arms deal with al-Qaida-backed Libyan rebels, retired Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely has claimed.

"We now have pretty good evidence to answer the question of why Ambassador Stevens was in Benghazi," Vallely exclusively told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"He was there because of an arms deal that was a covert plan within the State Department … to arm the Libyan rebels whom the United States government was supporting, and who ultimately ousted former Libyan Prime Minister Moammar Gadhafi in October 2011,'' Vallely said.

There have been ongoing rumors about Stevens' true purpose in Benghazi since he was slain by terrorists on Sept. 11, 2012. Stevens, who was based in Tripoli, arrived in Benghazi on Sept. 10, the day before the attacks on the mission compound.

Until now, those rumors have not been confirmed by someone of the stature of Vallely, who was deputy commanding general of the U.S. Pacific Command before he retired in 1993 and continues to be involved in national security concerns.

One of the people involved in the weapons deal, and who met with Stevens, was American arms merchant Marc Turi — who, according to Vallely, is now being silenced by the U.S. government.

Three years ago, as the civil war in Libya was heating up, Turi was selling small arms to buyers mostly in Africa and the Middle East, according to The New York Times. Recognizing Libya as a potential new buyer for his wares, Turi tried to get a license from the State Department to sell to the Libyan rebels, but was turned down.

In the meantime, the Times reported, Turi was emailing Stevens, who was then the U.S. special representative to the Libyan National Transitional Council — the coalition of rebels. Stevens was later named U.S. ambassador to Libya.

Turi re-applied, according to the Times, but changed his application, saying he planned to sell arms to Qatar. The State Department gave its stamp of approval to that plan in May 2011.

Turi told the Times in the 2012 story that what Qatar and the United States "allowed from there was between them."

But now, "Turi has a sealed indictment against him by the U.S. government and State Department," Vallely said.

"Here's an individual caught up again in the vise of this government, [which] wants to silence anybody that knows anything deep about Benghazi.''

"That's why the [House] Select Committee [on Benghazi] is so important … Marc Turi's the guy that hopefully we can get all that information out of once we can get him in front of the Select Committee.''

Vallely — founder of Stand Up America, a conservative, patriotic American think tank — said he does not know why the State Department would be involved in arms trading.

"Why the State Department is involved in an arms deal is beyond me. I thought they were diplomatic representatives of America, but here they put their ambassador at risk in Benghazi trying to arm al-Qaida,'' he said.

Vallely made his revelation during a Newsmax panel discussion with C. Edmund Wright, a columnist for Breitbart.com and American Thinker.

Vallely, a Vietnam vet, co-authored a book with retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney in 2004 called "Endgame: The Blueprint for Victory in the War on Terror."

He is a former chairman of the Military Committee of the Center for Security Policy, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank with a strong focus on national security.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Vallely: Stevens Was in Benghazi Negotiating Arms Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:04:37 pm »

American Ambassador Christopher Stevens, who was murdered with three other Americans in Benghazi in 2012, was involved in a secret U.S. arms deal with al-Qaida-backed Libyan rebels, retired Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely has claimed.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:08:20 pm »

ROFLMFAO!!!

But at least there some cracks in the wall are beginning to appear!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:31 pm »
The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy and not necessarily my friend.  My enemy's enemy might just hate us both equally.

:smokin:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:14:08 pm »
ROFLMFAO!!!

But at least there some cracks in the wall are beginning to appear!

Yeah....but even this "general" said "Libyan" rebels.  Gaddafi was already dead and gone.

He misspelled "Syrian".  [/s]

The Turkish Ambassador was at the freaking so-called 'consulate' for a dinner engagement.  He left just 15 minutes before the shooting started.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »
And the Russians had nothing to do with any of it /s

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:14:50 pm »
Sounds like another sort of Iran-Contra scandal a-brewin'  -  or would be if the left-wing agitprop formerly known as the US media were still responsible journalists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 11:06:12 pm »
Sounds like another sort of Iran-Contra scandal a-brewin'  -  or would be if the left-wing agitprop formerly known as the US media were still responsible journalists.

Right! Except this makes Iran-Contra look like a piker's convention!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:48 am »
Right! Except this makes Iran-Contra look like a piker's convention!

true enough.  unfortunately it'll never get reported as anything other than just another racist attempt by those racist republicans to smear the saintlike First Black President of the US of A.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »
I  wonder if, long after we're all dead and gone, journalism will raise its head once more, and the truth about this administration will be known to the general public.

Will America ever get back to the position that truth matters, or is it forever lost?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 05:04:05 pm »
I  wonder if, long after we're all dead and gone, journalism will raise its head once more, and the truth about this administration will be known to the general public.

Will America ever get back to the position that truth matters, or is it forever lost?

Good question, I wonder about that often.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 05:08:32 pm »
Good question, I wonder about that often.

I think the answer to that will be a large part of determining whether or not America survives as a nation.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »
I think the answer to that will be a large part of determining whether or not America survives as a nation.

Yes, and that is a concept/question that was never ever on my radar until the past decade or so.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 05:56:29 pm »

Yes indeed! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

There was a time when that didn't depend upon what happened in D.C. but on Main Street of Anytown, U.S.A..
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 01:12:21 pm »
There was a time when that didn't depend upon what happened in D.C. but on Main Street of Anytown, U.S.A..

Absolutely true! But sadly that time is no more.

- J. R. R. Tolkien