Author Topic: Three Shot to Death in Myrtle Beach; Major Media Ignores  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

Three Shot to Death in Myrtle Beach; Major Media Ignores
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:26:17 pm »

Three Shot to Death in Myrtle Beach; Major Media Ignores

Posted By Philip Hodges on May 28, 2014 | 2 Comments

If you recall, there were three shot to death by that “progressive” and white-privileged rich kid in Santa Barbara; four, if you include the kid’s suicide. That got all the attention. It predictably renewed politically opportunistic calls for gun control. The victims’ families predictably blamed “lax gun laws” and the NRA as if they were reading from a script; and they blamed those “extremist right-wing” politicians who are “bought and paid for” by the NRA. (Like Harry Reid?)

But ironically, another shooting occurred in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, killing three people, and it remains a mere local story. Here’s the Christian Science Monitor:

Six shootings across Myrtle Beach, S.C. this weekend left three people dead, breaking the beachside resort city’s total homicide count for 2013.

The first shooting, which struck one man and sent him to the hospital, took place around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, police Capt. David Knipes told reporters Sunday. With officers investigating onsite, a second shooting was reported at 11 p.m., less than a mile away.

In that shooting, three people were killed and a fourth wounded as a gunman shot into a crowd outside the Bermuda Sands Motel.

The shootings took place during the 34th Annual Atlantic Beach BikeFest, a motorcycle rally that has attracted up to 400,000 bikers, predominantly black, in past years. Police would not say if the shootings were connected to the event.

What’s different about this shooting event? Well, the main difference is that it appears to be a bunch of black people fighting and killing each other. The media would much rather report on the murder spree of some white kid than risk being called racists for reporting on black-on-black violence (or black-on-nonblack), the kind that is so prevalent in places like Chicago.

Speaking of Chicago, over the weekend, two people were shot to death and eight were wounded in less than ten hours. But, like the Myrtle Beach shooting, it remains a mere local story.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/5894/three-shot-death-myrtle-beach-major-media-ignores/#HU2DKMB8lYdKa1ur.99

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Three Shot to Death in Myrtle Beach; Major Media Ignores
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:40 pm »
I won't post the links, but the videos of this are out there if you care to go looking for them.  It is amazing what the media finds so easy to ignore.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:46:35 am »
Until a few years ago my parents had a small house just south of Myrtle Beach.  As luck would have it, for about 3 years in a row they ended up making a trip down there during "biker's week", which is known as Black Bike Week by everyone except the mainstream media.  My dad said that by the time the revelry was over it looked like they pulled trash trucks into the parking lots of the shopping centers and just dumped them there.  He said there was a big difference in the way the place was left after Harley week.  I had to take his word for it because I wasn't (and am not) about to fight the crowds to "relax" during the busiest season.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:26:41 am »
The cities are in a quandary down here right now.

Harley week is fine. Very Loud but fine..LOL  "Bike" week has some nice people here to, but the hoodlums ruin it for them. There are some nasty almost naked chicks on the back of these bikes too and it is very offensive.  A lot of "people" come to town that aren't bikers to just start trouble too, not to mention all the illegal stuff going on.  They are dangerous too on those bikes. They jump in and out of a lane.  4 of them just stopped in front of me going down the street the other day to chat with each other, and held up traffic, and didn't give a damn about us waiting on them to move!

The towns really want to stop that bike week, but they would be known as racist if they didn't also stop Harley week.  **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »
 I saw news reports of the Myrtle Beach shootings in my little burg hundreds of miles from South Carolina, so the writer is not correct when he says the shooting incident was reported only locally.  A quick google search reveals that USA Today, the San Francisco Chronicle, the NY Daily News and many more news sites have reported on the case.  The media did not ignore it, and I doubt race had anything to do with the attention paid the incident.

If you recall, there were three shot to death by that “progressive” and white-privileged rich kid in Santa Barbara; four, if you include the kid’s suicide.
It should be noted that three more people were stabbed to death, so this one kid killed six people by himself. That alone makes it newsworthy and, perhaps, more interesting than a shooting during a (probably drunken) brawl.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org