Author Topic: West Point Grads Give Obama Tepid Welcome – Most Refuse To Stand For President  (Read 4636 times)

Offline evadR

Did you see the creep when he was saluted by the officers as he handed out diplomas?
I KNOW it's protocol for the president to return the salute.

WHATA YA think he did?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

"Yeah, during a speech, I believe the only limitations would be nothing showing contempt or otherwise disrespectful."

Yeah, even though he deserves nothing but contempt for being so disrespectful.

Fk him. I have nothing but contempt for this total waste of a carbon unit.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline MACVSOG68

Did you see the creep when he was saluted by the officers as he handed out diplomas?

WHATA YA think he did?

I watched that, but in all honesty, whoever was receiving the salutes would not have had to return them during that type of event.  He did shake hands with each, though at times he looked completely bored and some of his smiles looked like they were slapped on him.  Very fake.

Presidents returning salutes is a relatively new tradition.  Veterans and retirees can now salute the colors in civilian attire, whereas before it wasn't protocol.  I've always believed in returning a salute even after I retired.

Once I saw Obama saluting when a flag draped coffin was being brought home.  Some folks were upset over that, but hey, if the CIC can't set protocol, who can?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/142440-watch-vastly-different-west-point-cadets-react-hearing-presidents-obama-bush/

Watch How Vastly Different West Point Cadets React Between Hearing Presidents Obama and Bush
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

I think that's mostly because Americans haven't experienced the end-game like the Russians have.

People sounding the alarm are typically given the tin-foil hat treatment until it's too late...

Yes, the "that could never happen here!" syndrome is still in full force...

Offline musiclady

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/142440-watch-vastly-different-west-point-cadets-react-hearing-presidents-obama-bush/

Watch How Vastly Different West Point Cadets React Between Hearing Presidents Obama and Bush

The difference between tolerance/duty and respect/admiration.

With regard to the military, there has never been such a stark contrast between two successive Presidents.

Bush loved his troops.  Obama hates them.

And they know it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

WHATA YA think he did?

You don't salute people you despise.........especially if you think you're the coolest person on earth.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.