Author Topic: I'm NOT WEAK: Obama hits back at foreign policy critics as he vows to ramp up support for Syrian rebels  (Read 790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2641713/Im-NOT-WEAK-Obama-hits-foreign-policy-critics-vows-ramp-support-Syrian-rebels.html

I'm NOT WEAK: Obama hits back at foreign policy critics as he vows to ramp up support for Syrian rebels

'I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being,' the president insisted
    Yet he used the words 'partner' and 'partnership' 16 times in his speech at West Point, outlining a contradictory foreign policy
    Obama replaced the phrase 'collective action' with the words 'multilateral action' several times
    Working through NATO and the UN will dominate American foreign policy, Obama said: 'This is American leadership, American strength'

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

Published: 09:33 EST, 28 May 2014 | Updated: 10:10 EST, 28 May 2014

President Barack Obama said Wednesday that he would 'work with Congress to ramp up support for those in the Syrian opposition who offer the best alternative to terrorists and a brutal dictator.'

But the central theme of his foreign policy-heavy address was that American strength would continue to come by working through international coalitions.

Obama called for diplomacy and 'multilateral action' in the face of global threats. His prepared remarks, distributed by the White House, replaced that phrase with the words 'collective action.'

Receiving tepid applause and a short standing ovation from less than one-quarter of the audience upon his introduction, Obama argued for a contradictory foreign policy that relies on NATO and the United Nations while insisting that 'America must always lead on the world stage.'

'If we don’t, no one else will,' he insisted.

But 'we require partners,' he said, using the words 'partner' or 'partnership' 16 times in his speech.

continued....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SouthTexas

Foreign policy?  What foreign policy?

Offline Relic

'I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being,' the president insisted

Stopped right there. The man couldn't tell a bigger lie than that.

If Obama is making that claim, there must be some real trouble in the commie capitol.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:29:18 pm by Relic »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Foreign policy?  What foreign policy?

His foreign policy is to embarrass and weaken the United States at EVERY possible turn and he is VERY good at it!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:30:07 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SouthTexas

His foreign policy is to embarrass and weaken the United States at EVERY possible turn and he is VERY good at it!

Well, those are the results of his actions/inactions, still don't think he has a plan, or a clue either for that matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, those are the results of his actions/inactions, still don't think he has a plan, or a clue either for that matter.

You could be right but I don't think so! I don't think he wipes his --- without Val's approval and you can bet on the fact that SHE has a plan!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SouthTexas

You could be right but I don't think so! I don't think he wipes his --- without Val's approval and you can bet on the fact that SHE has a plan!

No disagreement there, but then that's assuming (and we know what that word will get you) she actually has a clue also.  :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No disagreement there, but then that's assuming (and we know what that word will get you) she actually has a clue also.  :laugh:

I personally think she get's her instructions straight from Tehran.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SouthTexas

I personally think she get's her instructions straight from Tehran.

Could be, not that they are known for great planning either though. LOL

rangerrebew

The mere fact that he has to boast he isn't weak proclaims that he is. 8888crybaby

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The mere fact that he has to boast he isn't weak proclaims that he is. 8888crybaby

So very true!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

I'm NOT WEAK: Obama hits back at foreign policy critics as he vows to ramp up support for Syrian rebels

Nice softball toss to get the war-drums beating again...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan