Author Topic: KNOCKOUT NYC: Man Beaten Near Washington Square Park in Apparent Random Attack (Video)  (Read 304 times)

rangerrebew

KNOCKOUT NYC: Man Beaten Near Washington Square Park in Apparent Random Attack (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, May 26, 2014, 9:19 PM

Sal Avila was beaten so badly in a random knockout attack he needed surgery on his face.
 Avila said he was beaten by youths who only wanted to hurt him.

New York NBC reported:

A Manhattan man was beaten so badly by a group of teens near the New York University campus that he needed to get surgery for a fractured nose, and he said the sudden, violent attack was random and unprovoked.

Sal Avila, 27, says he was on his way to get a Citi Bike at about 1 a.m. Sunday after leaving a friend’s house when he saw three young men walking toward him on the sidewalk in Washington Square Park. He looked down at his phone for a moment just as they were passing him, and that’s when he says he was punched.

“Just as they were about to walk past me, one of them moves very suddenly and I feel a very hard impact to my face, as if I got hit by a brick or something,” he said.

Avila was hurt, but he was able to run for help. Bystanders scared off the attackers and helped identify them to police. Officers quickly arrested one of the three suspects, a 16-year-old boy.

The teen has been charged with attempted robbery, but Avila said his attackers never tried to steal anything from him. He thinks their only goal was to hurt him.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/knockout-nyc-man-beaten-near-washington-square-park-in-apparent-random-attack-video/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:16:00 am by rangerrebew »