Author Topic: Dempsey suspects some VA allegations are true  (Read 696 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dempsey suspects some VA allegations are true
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:48:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/207193-dempsey-someone-will-take-responsibility-for-va

Dempsey suspects some VA allegations are true

By Mario Trujillo - 05/25/14 11:42 AM EDT

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Sunday said he suspects some of the allegations surrounding the Department of Veterans Affairs will be proven true, and that someone will eventually have take responsibility for the entire VA.

"Yeah, of course," Gen. Martin Dempsey said on ABC's "This Week" when asked if VA Secretary Eric Shinseki should be held accountable. 

"At some point, the chief executive, the chairman, whoever it is, has to take responsibility for the entire organization and its performance."

The department is facing criticism of long wait times for veterans and some facilities are accused of falsifying reports to make it appear veterans received care faster than they did.

"It is outrageous if the allegations actually are documented and proven," he said. "And I suspect some of them will be. They've got be held accountable. I think [Eric] Shinseki has made it clear that they will be held accountable."

Reports last month suggested nearly 40 veterans died while on a secret wait list at a Phoenix VA clinic, though it is not clear if the deaths were a result of the long wait time. Since then, allegations of similar mismanagement have surfaced around the country and the inspector general is investigating at least 26 facilities.

President Obama held a press conference in which he vowed to make sure there is accountability through the system.

Former White House senior adviser David Plouffe defended Obama on Sunday, asserting the president did not wait too long to speak.

"No. I don't think so," he said, noting that veteran satisfaction with the VA, for the most part, is high.

“There is going to be a thorough investigation,” he said. “But I think the question really is: 'Do you have confidence in the leadership?'  Not just in terms of what happened previously, but the fixes going forward.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Dempsey suspects some VA allegations are true
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:51:57 pm »
David Plouffe is such a girly metrosexual wuss.  Even his name reflects light-in-the-loafers.

And he is the ultimate throne-sniffer in Obammy's cohort. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Dempsey suspects some VA allegations are true
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 07:01:56 pm »
Back when higher ups had integrity and were worthy of respect, "taking responsibility" wouldn't be so elusive.

You can delegate authority, but you CANNOT delegate responsibility.

That means Obama and Shinseki ARE responsible, whether they have integrity enough to take it or not.

Everybody up the chain of command is responsible. The avoidance of responsibility seems to be a fairly recent trend, mostly with the political left, career politicians, media, etc.

Conservatives ought to take up my position; "you cannot delegate responsibility."

It would be a nice rope to place over Obama's neck and Hillary's neck, cinched up with scandalous knots named

--Fast & Furious, Obamacare, Benghazi, IRS, VA  etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln