Author Topic: Levin: Senators Wanting to Change Redskins' Name Should 'Pony Up a Billion and a Half Dollars and Buy the Team'  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:22:30 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline andy58-in-nh

I personally have no trouble with the current name of Washington, D.C.'s NFL franchise.

That is, I have no problem with it other than the fact that one would be hard-pressed to find within the Diamond District that delineates the bounds of our nation's Capitol a single member of a tribal clan native to America's shores at the time of its "invasion" by European settlers.   

It would be more fitting, I think, for a team representative of The District to adopt a moniker more reflective of its current denizens. How about the "Washington Bureaucrats"? Or the "Lobbyists" "Go, Lobbyists, go!!!" It would be a great deal, seriously; a "win-win" proposition, if you know what I mean (wink wink).

Or, how about: "The D.C. Elite"? Simple. Elegant. Classy.  And they'd already have the salaries to match.

So please give it some thought and get back to me.  Call my office and we'll do lunch at the Gridiron.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:23:41 AM by andy58-in-nh »
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf