Author Topic: Abortion Comedy To Be Released Soon  (Read 243 times)

rangerrebew

Abortion Comedy To Be Released Soon
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:46 am »

Abortion Comedy To Be Released Soon

Posted By Frank Camp on May 23, 2014 | 182 Comments
comedy tragedy 

“This is a debate about our understanding of human dignity, what it means to be a member of the human family, even though tiny, powerless and unwanted.” – Henry Hyde

I recently attended a pro-life event, in which a panel of several people, each one of whom represented different avenues of the pro-life movement, discussed abortion. There were representatives for the scientific argument, the faith argument, the legal argument, and the political argument. Alison Howard, the communications director for Concerned Women For America, talked about how politics exists downstream form culture, and not the other way around. In order to change the political landscape, we must first effectively influence the culture.

While it’s generally true that Millennials are more pro-life than their parents, it’s also true that the Millennials who support abortion are more outspoken than ever. They operate in an extremely brazen fashion, and they use the entertainment industry to propagate their belief.

There’s an upcoming comedic film which was recently picked up from the Cannes film festival called “Obvious Child.” The film centers on a young woman who, after a one night stand, discovers that she is pregnant. In the film, she makes the “difficult decision” to abort the child. This is a comedy, just in case you missed that earlier. Abortion is now apparently something about which we can laugh heartily. How hilarious! She’s gonna have her baby’s limbs clipped off! Hahaha!

I have a feeling people wouldn’t laugh if they saw photos of what an infant looks like post-abortion. Imagine if someone wrote a comedy about gassing the Jews in Nazi Germany. I’m sure it was a difficult decision for some of the gas chamber operators. And even though I wouldn’t personally gas a Jew, I just can’t impose my beliefs onto someone else. That’s the argument being made by our culture at this very moment. I wouldn’t have an abortion personally, but I can’t tell someone else how to live their life.

It’s a peculiar argument, given the circumstances. If you wouldn’t get an abortion, it implies that something about the procedure upsets you; it implies that you believe there is a kind of moral consequence. If that’s the case, why is it ok for someone else to do it? It’s similar to saying “I wouldn’t personally have a slave, but I can’t tell other people that they shouldn’t have slaves.”

This is our culture. These are the messages from the left. Abortion is not a big deal. Make the decision, then go and live your life. We can even laugh about it! Can we also laugh about gassing the Jews?

The only way to combat aggression is with equal or greater aggression. And the only thing equal to what the left is pushing is abortion victim photography. Yes, there are a million ways in which we can influence our culture, but I believe that the pressure point of the entire issue is ignorance. Most low-information voters (usually abortion supporters) don’t actually know what an abortion procedure entails; they don’t know what an infant looks like, or how developed it is. The concept of abortion has been purposefully made ambiguous, and conceptual by the left, because they know the horror, and they need to cover it up. By showing pictures of the results of abortion, we can begin to change the conversation.

The left is brazen, and our culture is one that is not easily shocked. To induce a change of heart, sometimes it’s our responsibility to make a few shock waves of our own.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/5848/abortion-comedy-released-soon/#MEcGePFowqyOgpAt.99