Author Topic: Obama, the unaccountable president  (Read 239 times)

Offline pjohns

Obama, the unaccountable president
« on: May 25, 2014, 02:03:48 am »
Frankly, I have numerous complaints as concerning President Obama--many of them having to do with his leftist policy preferences--but his lack of accountability is becoming especially irritating. 

The Washington Times has called him out on this matter, in an editorial by Jason Curl.

It begins with a quote from Will Rogers:

All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that’s an alibi for my ignorance.

The article continues: 

Has there ever been a president in the history of America who knew less than President Obama?

With each new crisis and scandal, Mr. Obama tells Americans that he just didn’t know.

He didn’t know the Veterans Administration was letting America’s veterans languish and die unattended — he learned about it in the newspaper.

He didn’t know the Justice Department was trolling phone records of members of the U.S. media. He didn’t know the ATF was running guns into Mexico; didn’t know the NSA was spying on the German chancellor; didn’t know the Obamacare website was a disaster; didn’t know the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

With every scandal, the president — the CEO of the United States, if you will — said he first learned about it in the papers. If he were head of Apple or IBM, he’d have been fired years ago, because in business, it’s your job to know, and ignorance is, frankly, even worse than failing. Fail = fired.

Each time Mr. Obama is faced with a scandal, he does three things: First, he expresses outrage (he is, after all, a man only of words, not deeds); then, he blames his predecessor, George W. Bush; finally, he wraps the entire mess up in bureaucratic red tape — a blue-ribbon investigation.

Here is a link to the full article:  CURL: Obama, the unaccountable president - Washington Times

Would anyone disagree that this is President Obama's modus operandi?