Author Topic: A Mass Murderer made in Hollywood: son of movie asst director murders six; UPDATE: bodies at his apt  (Read 6141 times)

Online mountaineer

A MASS MURDERER MADE IN HOLLYWOOD: Spoiled, Rejected Son of Hunger Games Assistant Director Murders Six In BMW Drive-By Shooting Before Committing Suicide
Posted by Bob Owens on May 24, 2014 at 10:10 am
Bearing Arms.com

The 22-year-old son of a Hollywood assistant director who considered himself to be “the perfect guy,” committed a mass murder last night near The University of California in Santa Barbara (UCSB) before apparently committing suicide after shootouts with police.

Investigators believe a 22-year-old named Elliot Rodger driving a black BMW acted alone in the shootings late Friday night near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown confirmed at a news conference early Saturday that that [sic] seven people were killed, including the gunman, and seven wounded.

Brown said the suspect exchanged gunfire with deputies and then drove off and crashed into a parked car.

‘We have obtained and are currently analyzing both written and videotaped evidence that suggests this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder,’ Brown said.

Rodger is thought to be the son of Peter Rodger, assistant director of the Hollywood film franchise The Hunger Games.

Roger apparently committed the mass murder because women constantly rejected his advances.

‘College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me. But I will punish you all for it,’ he says in the video, which runs to almost seven minutes.

He repeatedly promises to ‘punish’ women and lays out his plan for ‘retribution.’

‘I’m going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB and I will slaughter every single spoilt, stuck-up, blonde s**t that I see inside there. All those girls that I’ve desired so much, they would’ve all rejected me and looked down on me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them,’ he says.

Curiously, American media outlets like the Chicago Tribune, NPR, CNN, and NBC LA have refused to name the suspect, even though he posted his rant justifying the mass murder before it took place on social media video sites YouTube and Liveleak.

This is incredibly bizarre behavior by a mainstream media that is very quick to speculate on the identity of suspects in high-profile crimes with even the flimsiest of evidence (for example, slandering Olympic Park hero Richard Jewell as the suspect in Eric Robert Rudolph’s 1996 Summer Olympics bombing, and claiming that the Sandy Hook shooting was carried out by Adam Lanza’s brother). Here, they seem to have circled the proverbial wagons around this son of Hollywood royalty in a protective measure.

Likewise, the Facebook pages and Twitter feeds of Michael Bloomberg-funded citizen control cult Moms Demand Action/Everytown for Gun Safety and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) remain mute on the killings, when such crimes are generally exploited immediately for public relations purposes by these groups.

Why?

I hate being cynical, but it appears that the gun control groups and the mainstream media are more interested in protecting the image of their progressive Hollywood allies than they are telling the story of what happened last night.

As George Orwell noted, “Some animal are better than others.”

As a general rule of thumb we don’t like giving mass murderers the publicity they desire, but in this particular instance, it is instructive to point out the sort of spoiled entitlement mindset that this young man used to justify his attack.

Be forewarned: the video is very disturbing, as Roger mimics what he seems to think a Hollywood villain should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbv5Vpa-B-0&feature=player_embedded

You made your monster, Hollywood.

No wonder your allies seem invested in covering it up to minimize the damage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

AP story at Yahoo news:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A drive-by shooter went on a rampage near a Santa Barbara university campus that left seven people dead, including the attacker, and seven others wounded, authorities said Saturday.

The gunman got into two gun battles with deputies during Friday night's rampage in the beachside community of Isla Vista before crashing his black BMW into a parked car, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said.

Deputies found him dead with a gunshot wound to the head, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he was killed by gunfire or if he committed suicide, he said.

A semi-automatic handgun was recovered from the scene near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Investigators know the gunman's name, but Brown said he couldn't release it pending notification of relatives.

"We're analyzing both written and videotaped evidence that suggests that this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder," Brown said.

The rampage broke out around 9:30 p.m. in the student enclave reputed for parties, including an annual spring bash that turned into a violent blowout last month. Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites, resulting in nine crime scenes.

A student told KEYT-TV he saw shots fired from a BMW, fatally striking one woman and critically injuring another woman.

"I heard shots, scream, pain," Michael Vitak said. "All emotions. I hope she is going to be fine."

A visibly shaken student told the station she was approached by the driver of a black BMW who flashed a handgun and asked "Hey, what's up?" The student, who didn't provide her full name, said thought he was carrying an airsoft gun and kept walking. She said seconds later, she felt something buzz by her head and quickly realized they were bullets.

The victims' identities were not immediately released. Brown said the injured were being treated for gunshot wounds and traumatic injuries, including at least one person who underwent surgery for life-threatening injuries.

Isla Vista, a roughly half-square mile community next to UC Santa Barbara's campus and picturesque beachside cliffs, is home to 23,000 people. The area has a reputation for excessive partying. Last month, an annual spring bash spiraled into violence as young people clashed with police and tossed rocks and bottles. A university police officer and four deputies were injured and 130 people were arrested.

Online mountaineer

CNN story
7 dead in California shooting rampage called 'premeditated mass murder'
By Joe Sterling, Joe Sutton and Ray Sanchez, CNN
May 24, 2014 -- Updated 1452 GMT (2252 HKT)

(CNN) -- Seven people, including a suspected shooter, died when a man opened fire from a slow-moving car Friday night in a small Southern California college town, a rampage that authorities believe to be "premeditated mass murder," Santa Barbara County sheriff's deputies said Saturday.

The shootings occurred in Isla Vista near the University of California-Santa Barbara. Seven people also were being treated in a hospital for gunshot wounds or traumatic injuries, including at least one who was in surgery, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Kelly Hoover.

"The sheriff's office has obtained and is currently analyzing written and video evidence that suggests this was a premeditated mass murder," Hoover said.

Hoover apparently was referring to a YouTube video titled "Retribution" posted by a young man, CNN affiliate KEYT-TV reported. In the nearly seven-minute video, the young man rants about women who ignored or rejected him over the past eight years and warns that he will "punish you all for it."

The violence began and ended within minutes, from 9:27 p.m. when shots were reported to around 10 minutes later when police discovered the body of the suspected gunman, whom authorities described as mentally disturbed, CNN affiliate KEYT-TV said. Police said there were nine separate crime scenes.

"Sheriff's deputies responded and found several victims suffering from gunshot wounds. As sheriff's deputies were attending to the victims and performing first aid, they were also receiving suspect information. Only minutes later, there were additional reports of shots fired in several other areas of Isla Vista," Hoover said.

U.S. law enforcement officials said the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and FBI were assisting local police in the investigation, including trying to trace the handgun used and where the possible suspect obtained it.

Robert Johnson told CNN he was standing on a corner when he heard what he thought were fireworks. Then a black BMW with tinted windows drove by and either slowed down or stopped outside a deli where as many as eight people were eating outside. Someone in the car opened fire.

"It all happened very quickly, but I think this happened to be the largest group on the street," he said. "It think it was just targeted because it was the largest group in the area."

People jumped up and ran, Johnson recalled.

"I don't recall hearing any screaming," he said. "It was at that point where I turned and ran in the opposite direction. ... There's a lot of confusion. Even shortly after this whole ordeal had ended, I think a lot of people didn't realize the magnitude of the situation."

KEYT reporter John Palminteri told CNN that some witnesses reported hearing the gunman talk to some of his victims as he fired. Outside a 7-11 convenience store, he said, workers came out amid the gunfire to pull to safety a girl who had been shot in the leg. Another victim, a bicyclist, apparently sustained massive head injuries after being struck by the gunman's car.

One woman told the station that a driver of a car flashed a gun at her and asked, "Hey, what's up?" before opening fire. She escaped unharmed.

"I heard some pops, but I just assumed they were fireworks," said Daniel Slovinsky, who was eating at a restaurant. "Contrary to what you might expect, there wasn't a whole lot of chaos immediately. I didn't hear any screaming. A few people were running. ... It wasn't really until police started yelling at people to get inside that we realized something big went down. But even then people didn't know what."

KEYT reported that "witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets." Six minutes after the first emergency call, the suspected gunman traded fire with sheriff's deputies, and the vehicle plowed into a parked vehicle, said Hoover, the sheriff's office spokeswoman.

The suspected gunman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound, she said, adding that it wasn't clear whether the death was self-inflicted or whether deputies killed the suspected gunman. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered, she said.

It appears the suspect acted alone, Hoover said.

"This is a very active and complex investigation involving approximately nine different crime scenes," she said.

Santa Barbara Sheriff Bill Brown called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed," according to KEYT.

Authorities searching for a motive were looking into a video posted on social media that contains a man's tirade against women who supposedly rebuffed him, Brown told the station. Hoover said the suspect has been preliminarily identified but his name won't be released until "a positive identification is made."

The identities of the victims won't be released until the next of kin are notified, she said.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Having been in his shoes in regard to rejection, it saddens me that he would take such a manic path... alas, rejection can very much drive a man insane, something today's single "boyfriend-free" women don't seem to understand.

Man and women are meant to be together, and eventually reproduce. When a man can't have a basic relationship, it hurts badly; I know that personally. I don't know this guy's initial issues that were preventing women from giving him a chance, but if they were not entirely his fault, then there could have been nothing he could do to fulfill that basic need.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I just watched the video..... dude was psycho. He had a very pretty girl on his arm for the Hunger Games premier. I wonder how quickly she figured out he was nuts and ran for her life. * This wasn't a case of a guy in permanent friend zone with girls (much of my high school), they were smart enough to clear of the creep.

*Update, after seeing the rest of those photos, it looked like the pretty girl was his dad's date (maybe his mom or step-mom)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:43:17 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

A lot of fake facebook pages have been created in the past day but this one seems to be the real one based on the dates of the posts.

https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3?ref=br_rs&fref=browse_search

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This might be the most complete and detailed story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638049/7-dead-drive-shooting-near-UC-Santa-Barbara.html

The perp looks to be obsessed with his selfie photos of himself.

His looks are not problematic, but his personality obviously left something to be desired, what with the serial murderer aspect, etc.

"Dude, you are thinking about doing WHAT?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:58:07 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline raml

Wow to try to put the blame for this shooting on woman who have rejected that ass hole is beyond belief. The young man is to blame and sounds like a spoiled brat who doesn't get his way so he retaliates. Everyone in life has rejection you just go on and keep trying till you succeed in anything you do that is worth doing. I worked in sales as an insurance and financial adviser let me tell you about rejection you get lots of it daily. I was popular in my private life but still was rejected many times and yes it hurts but not everyone is going to like us and a grown up knows this and you learn this from parents who teach you about life and that we aren't always winners. This society is also to blame with trying to cut out having kids be competitive so they learn that they lose sometimes and it isn't the end of the world you just try harder next time. The only one and I mean only one to blame here is this young man.

Offline sinkspur

Having been in his shoes in regard to rejection, it saddens me that he would take such a manic path... alas, rejection can very much drive a man insane, something today's single "boyfriend-free" women don't seem to understand.

Man and women are meant to be together, and eventually reproduce. When a man can't have a basic relationship, it hurts badly; I know that personally. I don't know this guy's initial issues that were preventing women from giving him a chance, but if they were not entirely his fault, then there could have been nothing he could do to fulfill that basic need.

With all due respect, this is bizarre.  If "rejection" drives a man insane, then that man is mentally disturbed to begin with.  You seem to be suggesting that women need to "give men a chance", even a nut case like this guy.  Some men (and some women) can't have a "basic relationship."  They're incapable of relating to a woman in any way but sexually, and that ain't what women want.  Rodgers, in his video, was all about "sex and fun and pleasure," meaning "ladies, why aren't you attracted to someone who just wants to get in your pants?"

Men confident in their masculinity and maturity never have a problem attracting plenty of women.  Needy guys who are looking for nothing more than an alternative to masturbation will never have a satisfying relationship.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xfreeper

Get some help

Offline speekinout

Rodger was mentally disturbed. His parents tried to warn the police about him (I forget which article had that news; there have been so many). But the young guy was 22; his parents couldn't control him any longer, and we don't have laws that allow the police to detain him for very long. Apparently, they didn't even think they could do anything at all just because he had the threatening YouTubes.

It's no wonder that he couldn't find a girlfriend - he probably was obviously unbalanced for a long time. It's sad when things like this happen, but we just aren't willing to go back to a time when "crazy" people could be locked up. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Get some help

How I wish there was an "eff you" emoticon.   

:nometalk:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:45:49 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Rodger was mentally disturbed. His parents tried to warn the police about him (I forget which article had that news; there have been so many). But the young guy was 22; his parents couldn't control him any longer, and we don't have laws that allow the police to detain him for very long. Apparently, they didn't even think they could do anything at all just because he had the threatening YouTubes.

It's no wonder that he couldn't find a girlfriend - he probably was obviously unbalanced for a long time. It's sad when things like this happen, but we just aren't willing to go back to a time when "crazy" people could be locked up.

Just the other day there was a case in Arizona where police used no warrant and simply broke into a person's house in a SWAT raid.

The reason?  Because her health was failing, she was terminal and she told her doctor flippantly that she was just going to go home and blow her brains out.

Count to three......there's going to be some goober somewhere calling for anybody that's seen a shrink or taking anti-depression meds saying the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to them.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

With all due respect, this is bizarre.  If "rejection" drives a man insane, then that man is mentally disturbed to begin with.  You seem to be suggesting that women need to "give men a chance", even a nut case like this guy.  Some men (and some women) can't have a "basic relationship."  They're incapable of relating to a woman in any way but sexually, and that ain't what women want.  Rodgers, in his video, was all about "sex and fun and pleasure," meaning "ladies, why aren't you attracted to someone who just wants to get in your pants?"

Men confident in their masculinity and maturity never have a problem attracting plenty of women.  Needy guys who are looking for nothing more than an alternative to masturbation will never have a satisfying relationship.

You'd think that in this day and age....with his pedigree having a father that was a director in the film HUNGER GAMES, that he could afford hookers.

I don't buy it.   Something else going on here.

.....but I'm sure in the coming days, we're going to read and hear from many girls that "knew" him....as well as other friends.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Cops are called upon at the last minute when these things get critical. They are asked to risk harm to themselves, avoid harm to the crazy one is possible, and risk possibly get sued if it doesn't go perfectly.

I prefer long lock ups, with conditions that might deter the ones that have control over themselves.

The chicks obviously were creeped out by the guy. If you can't get a girl, it is you, not the girls.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

Alleged Gunman's Apartment Now A Crime Scene
By Beth Farnsworth, KEYT - KCOY - KKFX Anchor/Reporter, beth.farnsworth@keyt.com
Victoria Sanchez, KEYT - KCOY - KKFX Anchor/Reporter, victoriasanchez@keyt.com

ISLA VISTA, Calif. -

UPDATE: Santa Barbara County's Sheriff's scheduled news conference postponed until 5:00 p.m.

The Santa Barbara County Coroner's team has established a crime scene at the apartment complex where suspected shooter Elliot Rodger claimed he lived, prior to Friday's mass murders in Isla Vista.

NewsChannel 3 witnessed forensics experts removing three bodies from the Capri apartment complex on the 6500 block of Seville Road Saturday afternoon.

There is no confirmation from authorities whether this latest discovery increases the number of people killed, which stands at seven, including the gunman.

The timing is significant based on a more than one hundred page manifesto Rodger allegedly published hours before the killings.

"On the day before the Day of Retribution, I will start the First Phase of my vengeance: Silently killing as many people as I can around Isla Vista by luring them into my apartment through some form of trickery."

Sheriff Bill Brown will give an update on the investigation during a 4:00 p.m. news conference from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Headquarters.

http://m.keyt.com/news/alleged-gunmans-apartment-now-a-crime-scene/26157468

Offline DCPatriot

Has somebody checked on his parents?  Siblings?

Offline ABX

You'd think that in this day and age....with his pedigree having a father that was a director in the film HUNGER GAMES, that he could afford hookers.

I didn't want to admit it DC, but that was my first thought as well. Especially globe trotting, nightclubs in Vegas, Prague, and London even a creeper would get propositioned by one if they could smell money. Unless, of course, his serial killer vibe was oozing off of him like a can of Axe body spray.

I don't buy it.   Something else going on here.

.....but I'm sure in the coming days, we're going to read and hear from many girls that "knew" him....as well as other friends.

Something really is off about his video. Especially the weird laugh. I think there is something else. Have they checked his freezer for any body parts?  He struck me as more of a straight (maybe not) Jeffrey Dahmer.

Just wait, I predict within 24 hours, some network will start to blame bullying, gun culture, and hetro behavior.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:04:57 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I didn't want to admit it DC, but that was my first thought as well. Especially globe trotting, nightclubs in Vegas, Prague, and London even a creeper would get propositioned by one if they could smell money. Unless, of course, his serial killer vibe was oozing off of him like a can of Axe body spray.

Something really is off about his video. Especially the weird laugh. I think there is something else. Have they checked his freezer for any body parts?  He struck me as more of a straight (maybe not) Jeffrey Dahmer.

Just wait, I predict within 24 hours, some network will start to blame bullying, gun culture, and hetro behavior.

Don't know how much you know about the high end call girl scene, but most of them are exquisitely sensitive to cues and are not exactly bothered by turning a job down if it feels wrong in any way. Where he was hanging around mostly, you are not talking $10 a pop meth head girls looking to feed their habit.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

Here's something else to chew on......

Heard on the radio today an interview with a witness that said there were TWO people in the car...not one.  He didn't second guess himself.

The passenger did the shooting according to this witness. 

If they found the deceased behind the wheel with his face blown away....then he's still alive and on the run.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140524/us-college-community-shooting-0be4e750d6.html

The gunman got into two gun battles with deputies Friday night in the beachside community of Isla Vista before crashing his black BMW into a parked car, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said.

Deputies found him dead with a gunshot wound to the head, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he was killed by gunfire or if he committed suicide, he said.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:42:55 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Charlespg

Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Like I said, I don't know the issues with this kid, and what I have seen indicates he has serious issues with narcissism and how he views women. That could have-- and should have-- been addressed before he snapped. But there are many, without those same issues, who have the same struggles. I dare you to come on up to my neck of the woods, where the men outnumber the women, and tell me that "men confident in their masculinity and maturity NEVER have a problem attracting plenty of women." (Besides, if you constantly get rejected, what basis do you have in your confidence? Delusion?) Where I'm from, there are very few women to even be had, and you pretty much have to get them while you're both still in high school if you're going to get anyone good. (In many places, such as DC, the paradigm is reversed; the women grossly outnumber the men... but I certainly don't have the money to live in DC.)

It seems to me that the rejection issues compounded the ones that he already had to begin with. In and of itself, it should never lead to this. I have been constantly rejected and have never so much as disrespected a woman, as much as she might deserve it sometimes, much less go as far as this guy. He was 22. He still had (some) time to get his head straight (and his relationships with women back on a healthy track) had he not done this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:50:30 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Charlespg

- he probably was obviously unbalanced for a long time. It's sad when things like this happen, but we just aren't willing to go back to a time when "crazy" people could be locked up.
and until we do things like this will continue  to happen either with guns ,knives,or cars
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online mountaineer

Two threads on this story have been merged.