Author Topic: Dewhurst Supporter (campaign?) Admits to Phony Tea Party Flyer (Exclusive)  (Read 4066 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Dirty politics seems to be the name of the game in the Texas Lieutenant Governor race between David Dewhurst and Dan Patrick- from releasing confidential medical records to harassing and insulting push polling. One of the latest tricks in this campaign is a flyer received by Tea Party members all over the State touting Tea Party endorsements for David Dewhurst. The flyer was put out by a group called "The United Texas Tea Party". The catch?  The United Texas Tea Party does not exist. No website, no registration, no Facebook page.  At this point, Dewhurst supporters went from cheering the Tea Party endorsement to calling it a 'dirty trick by the Patrick campaign.'

But there was a clue, the address on the flyer. Although it used a FedEx mailbox service, the address matched a campaign address from last November for a Mary Huls.

http://www.teaparty911.com/blog/gop-candidate-for-hd-129-observes-illegal-immigration-impact-on-border/

Interestingly enough, Mary Huls Facebook page and Twitter account are almost dedicated to endorsing Dewhurst.

With the revelation that the address on the flyer from the fake Tea Party group belonged to Mary Huls, David Huls admitted to the local Tea Party group's website that yes, indeed he was behind the flier. What is even more telling is his admission that he made up "The United Texas Tea Party" when he was unable to find a Tea Party group who would put their name to endorsing Dewhurst.

http://pearlandteaparty.com/2014/05/19/dale-huls-on-united-texans-tea-party/

At this point, Dewhurst supporters changed the accusation that this was 'just a supporter', but it gets deeper. David Huls is not just a supporter. On the contrary, David Huls is featured prominantly on Dewhurst's official website. Example:

http://www.daviddewhurst.com/news/articles/tea-parties-need-to-take-a-second-look-at-lt-gov-dewhurst

So now the question is, how much of the Dewhurst campaign was involved in creating a fake Tea Party group and sending out fake endorsement fliers. The evidence is leading right to this, so it is a matter of time before the last dot is connected.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Dewhurst is TOAST and I think that fact is FINALLY beginning to sink in with him!

His political career is over as of next January!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

Dewhurst is TOAST and I think that fact is FINALLY beginning to sink in with him!

His political career is over as of next January!

His campaign reeks of desperation. They are playing every sleazy game in the book; the kind of games winners don't need to play.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
His campaign reeks of desperation. They are playing every sleazy game in the book; the kind of games winners don't need to play.

Yep!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

and this is republican party intramural fun 'n' games.  is it any wonder that the democrats can waltz over so many republicans when the republicans have already done most of the damage to themselves first?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
and this is republican party intramural fun 'n' games.  is it any wonder that the democrats can waltz over so many republicans when the republicans have already done most of the damage to themselves first?

What you don't seem to understand is that down here in Texas the Dimocrats  have been reduced to a third rate farm team at best and we are now cleaning up our own house in the Republican party.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

What you don't seem to understand is that down here in Texas the Dimocrats  have been reduced to a third rate farm team at best and we are now cleaning up our own house in the Republican party.

mud spatters

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
mud spatters

Yep! Doing what's right is not always a tidy thing and the ONLY ones slinging mud are the ones who will soon be on the outside looking in!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

This is more of the case of showing who is holding the shovel.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:37:53 am by AbaraXas »

Offline sinkspur

Dewhurst is finished, which is what happens when you don't control your message.

Patrick, on the other hand, will be the sleaziest Lt. Gov. since Jim Maddox.  Went bankrupt, never paid a DIME back to any of his creditors, hired illegals, and is using his radio name to run for office.

Oh, and I hope Texans vote for Dan Branch for Attorney General.  Ken Paxton is a crook, and has been disavowed by two police agencies who previously supported him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

Dewhurst is finished, which is what happens when you don't control your message.

Patrick, on the other hand, will be the sleaziest Lt. Gov. since Jim Maddox.  Went bankrupt, never paid a DIME back to any of his creditors, hired illegals, and is using his radio name to run for office.

Oh, and I hope Texans vote for Dan Branch for Attorney General.  Ken Paxton is a crook, and has been disavowed by two police agencies who previously supported him.

1. Dan Patrick legally changed his name so he is using his legal name, not just a 'radio name' (as implying it isn't his legal name). http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/apr/18/david-dewhurst/david-dewhurst-lofts-ridiculous-unsupported-claim-/
2. The 'he never paid dime back' is an out and out lie. As part of his bankruptcy, he lost almost all his possessions to pay back his creditors from a failed business. Giving up property is a standard way to pay back creditors in a bankruptcy case. This was an agreed settlement with the creditors. IE, the property was taken as payment. http://www.empowertexans.com/election/bankruptcy-attacks-bogus/
3. Dan Patrick never hired illegals. The media pulled this from citing one source about one person they say was illegal, Miguel Andrade, but Andrade says Patrick did not hire him, a restaurant manager did because Andrade supplied a fake ID saying he was legal. That is as far from 'knowingly hiring illegals' as one can get. http://bigjollypolitics.com/2014/02/28/everyone-afraid-sen-dan-patrick/

Oceander

bankruptcy is perfectly legal and perfectly valid and it is not uncommon for debtors to get nothing in a personal bankruptcy.  And it isn't cost-free; getting a bankruptcy discharge comes with some powerful consequences.

Offline sinkspur

1. Dan Patrick legally changed his name so he is using his legal name, not just a 'radio name' (as implying it isn't his legal name). http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/apr/18/david-dewhurst/david-dewhurst-lofts-ridiculous-unsupported-claim-/
2. The 'he never paid dime back' is an out and out lie. As part of his bankruptcy, he lost almost all his possessions to pay back his creditors from a failed business. Giving up property is a standard way to pay back creditors in a bankruptcy case. This was an agreed settlement with the creditors. IE, the property was taken as payment. http://www.empowertexans.com/election/bankruptcy-attacks-bogus/
3. Dan Patrick never hired illegals. The media pulled this from citing one source about one person they say was illegal, Miguel Andrade, but Andrade says Patrick did not hire him, a restaurant manager did because Andrade supplied a fake ID saying he was legal. That is as far from 'knowingly hiring illegals' as one can get. http://bigjollypolitics.com/2014/02/28/everyone-afraid-sen-dan-patrick/

Thanks for all those corrections.

I didn't vote for Dan Patrick in the primary but will vote for him in the general.  I don't like him and I think he's going to have a lot of difficulty dealing with the various factions in the Texas Legislature.  He has never worked well with others and his style is strong-arming, not negotiation.

We'll see how he works with Greg Abbott when Abbott is the actual governor.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

Thanks for all those corrections.

I didn't vote for Dan Patrick in the primary but will vote for him in the general.  I don't like him and I think he's going to have a lot of difficulty dealing with the various factions in the Texas Legislature.  He has never worked well with others and his style is strong-arming, not negotiation.

We'll see how he works with Greg Abbott when Abbott is the actual governor.

Normally he comes across as too Baptist Preacher for me but in light of what he is up against, I gladly voted for him. I also found most of what was said about him (like the above) was crap twisted by Dewhurst who is playing a really nasty game.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Normally he comes across as too Baptist Preacher for me but in light of what he is up against, I gladly voted for him. I also found most of what was said about him (like the above) was crap twisted by Dewhurst who is playing a really nasty game.

I've personally known Dan for over 20 years and would not trade one Dan Patrick for a box car load of David Dewhursts.

Dan is a human being with human failings but I guarantee you he will be a VERY good Lt. Governor for Texas!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

From my distant perspective in WI, I wouldn't guess that.  I think Dewhurst's ads could be driving down Patrick's approval.  I think the Tea Party flyer is hilariously dishonest, but politicians do that kind of thing to get elected.  To me Dewhurst's negative ads look less like a sign of desperation and more like a sign of tenacity, and he has a good record to run on and he has been re-elected several times.  He has continued to sink tons of his own money into this race.  That doesn't sound like the actions of someone who recognizes they can't win.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9HX2Y2N3rA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHa-jXnBHlQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuHNI3jLKLU

I can't believe this guy is not conservative enough for the Tea Party.

May the better man win.  I'm sure TX will be well served by either candidate.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Not as much about that as it is this.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

From my distant perspective in WI, I wouldn't guess that.  I think Dewhurst's ads could be driving down Patrick's approval.  I think the Tea Party flyer is hilariously dishonest, but politicians do that kind of thing to get elected.  To me Dewhurst's negative ads look less like a sign of desperation and more like a sign of tenacity, and he has a good record to run on and he has been re-elected several times.  He has continued to sink tons of his own money into this race.  That doesn't sound like the actions of someone who recognizes they can't win.....

May the better man win.  I'm sure TX will be well served by either candidate.

Except that Partrick's approval has been going up during all this. Most see Dewhurst as a slimy, typical politician, one step below a used car salesman (at least after the used car salesman gets the job, you the customer, can walk away any time). Dewhurst's ads aren't what is killing him, it is what his camp is doing outside those- releasing 30 year old medical records for Patrick, lying about his bankruptcy, lying about his hiring illegals... not just little ones, major overt twisting of the truth. He did the same when he ran against Ted Cruz.

His record is not a Conservative one. He isn't overtly liberal, but he is a populist game player. Dewhurst is one of those who will tell you to your face he is the reincarnation of Reagan then go act like McCain. The problem is people believe the words out of his mouth and don't analyze his actions.  Even the likes of George Will have been called out for believing Dewhurst's political marketing while ignoring his actions.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/erick/2012/07/26/is-david-dewhurst-a-conservative-of-course-not/
http://www.yct.org/tuition-increasing-liberal-politician-to-address-college-republicans/
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2012051126380/us/politics/texas-david-dewhurst-appointed-32-democrat-committee-chairs-and-worked-with-liberal-democrats-to-kill-conservative-legislation.html
http://www.politico.com/blogs/davidcatanese/1011/Dewhursts_thank_you_to_Obama_.html