Author Topic: What White Democrats Really Think About Black Americans  (Read 399 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What White Democrats Really Think About Black Americans
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:01:23 pm »
What White Democrats Really Think About Black Americans

May 23, 2014 By Patricia L. Dickson

On any given day of the week, one can turn on the liberal media and hear how the Democratic Party is the one party that cares for black Americans. Liberal pundits such as Chris Matthews, Lawrence O’Donnell, and of course Al Sharpton are forever fighting the purportedly racist Republicans on behalf of black Americans.

Just a few weeks ago, Nancy Pelosi told Americans that Republicans were trying to take food out the mouths of black Americans by cutting food stamps. She then stated that 50% of food stamp recipients are black Americans.

And let us not forget that the Democrats are fighting hard against the supposedly racist voter ID laws on behalf of the poor blacks who are either unable or too stupid to get an ID card in 2014. When Newt Gingrich called President Obama “the food stamp President” during a presidential debate in 2012, both Chris Matthews and Lawrence O’Donnell immediately thought of black people and accused him of racism.

As a black American, it is infuriating for me to listen to white Democrats’ claims of helping blacks when all they are doing is making sure that blacks remain dependent upon Government handouts. That stance reveals what they really think about black Americans. 

Has anyone noticed that whenever Democrats give campaign speeches in black neighborhoods, their speeches never inspire or uplift? The Democrat politicians (and race baiters) all say the same things in speech after speech. The deck is stacked against you, the rich are greedy, and whitey is out to get you. Democrat politicians never encourage black Americans to get some kind of formal education in order to get a good job so that they can lift themselves and their families out of poverty. You will almost never hear a Democrat utter the term “self-sufficient.”  Democrats will help sign up poor blacks for food stamps and welfare; they will have a voter registration table at the social service office, but they wouldn’t dare send someone from the local community colleges to set up a table at that same office. 

The negative effects that liberal policies have had on black Americans should be enough to convince anyone that the Democratic Party does not, as it claims, care about black Americans. However, my experience with white Democrats during the 2008 Presidential campaign really revealed to me how they viewed black Americans. While living in New York City during the fall of 2008, I was approached daily by so-called well-meaning white Democrats who would engage in unsolicited political conversation with me. Although I have had several such personal experiences, I will just share a few:

A white female senior citizen approached me in the garden at The Museum of Modern Art as I was standing next to the statue of François-Auguste-René Rodin. She began telling me how Obama would be a much-needed change for America from George Bush in order to improve our image around the world.  She said that George Bush was the reason that the Middle Easterners hated America.  I responded by telling her that the Middle East has hated America way before George Bush, and I began giving her some historical facts such as the bombing of the USS Cole, Khobar Barracks and the World Trade Center in 1993. She angrily snapped at me and said, “I know my foreign policy!” I then sarcastically responded, “Then why don’t you try to become the next U.S. Secretary of State.” She then turned and walked away. It was obvious that she did not expect a black woman to know any historical facts.

Another incident occurred in Manhattan one afternoon while I was sitting on a bench eating a hot dog. A white lady came and sat by me and asked me who I was voting for in the upcoming election. When I told her that I was voting for John McCain, her smile quickly turned into a frown. She then began to tell me how black people needed Democrats to help them and that Republicans did not care anything about them. She said that I was lucky that I had a good job (in a condescending voice), but others blacks are not so lucky. I told her that all anyone needed was jobs and education. That really made her angry! She then sarcastically said, “Well why don’t we just line them all up an exterminate them,” and she got up and walked away.

I was standing in front of a Richard Nixon exhibit at The City Museum of New York when a young white man walked up and stood next to me. We started discussing President Nixon’s history and I could tell that he was shocked that I knew so much history. He started asking me about the upcoming election and for whom I was voting.  I told him that I was a Republican and that I was voting for John McCain. He wanted to know why I (a black female) would not support candidate Obama. I told him that for one, I disagreed with his position on abortion. He told me to my face that abortion was a good thing because he used to be an inner city school teacher (he had since quit) and that we needed to abort as many of them as possible.

I was exiting the subway carrying the book The Conservative Mind by Edmund Burke. A white man (a total stranger) standing beside me look down and saw the book in my hand and said, “What are you doing reading that book, you are supposed to have a Liberal mind, what happened to you?” (i.e., how did you escape the Democrat plantation?) The ONLY thing that saved that man was that I happened to be wearing my military uniform and I could not speak freely because my response to him would not have reflected favorable upon the U.S. military.
There is nothing more disheartening and infuriating than to witness the continual destruction of the black family as a result of liberal policies. There are many able bodied black Americans that have tremendous talent that is being wasted.  Democrats would rather these talented individuals remain dependent on the government so they spread division, lies and inflamed hearts with charges of racism.  The constant drum beat of claims of racism coming from white Democrats should reveal for anyone listening what they really think about black Americans.

http://www.americanthinker.com/assets/3rd_party/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/05/what_white_democrats_really_think_about_black_americans.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:05:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What White Democrats Really Think About Black Americans
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »
TRUTH!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Re: What White Democrats Really Think About Black Americans
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:34:08 pm »
We know what Democrats think about black Americans. LBJ made that quite clear.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org