Surprisingly, this didn't happen in Colorado.
Fourth-grader taken to hospital after smoking marijuana in school bathroom
May 23, 2014 12:38 AM
A fourth-grade student at Pittsburgh Roosevelt was transported to the hospital Thursday after the student got high in a school bathroom, the acting principal told parents in a letter.
Students alerted adults in the school that the student was smoking marijuana, acting principal Anthony Pipkin wrote. The student brought the cigarette and lighter from home, the principal said.
No other students were affected, and the district confiscated the items and reported the incident to Childline, Mr. Pipkin said.
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.